Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Just catching up now, but in fairness if Mayo only trained / met up once from the first semi final until the second then really the Mayo mgt team cannot defend themselves

I'm sure,even with all the Diarmuid Connolly palaver that Dublin didn't just meet up once. It's an AI final at stake ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I'v never understood the anti MacHale thing. He has a good knowledge of club football in Mayo and a good knowledge of modern tactics. Being from a basketball background the philosophy of training and preparation in basketball is superior to the traditional training methods of most GAA people. Basketball is all about skill development through repetition of perfect technique practice. Absolutely what modern teams need. Then you have defensive side of it with man to man and zonal and all this stuff that is way above my knowledge but Dublin used it this year.
    By contrast there are several older Mayo players who did much less when playing at club/county and at management level who are still seen as being legends of the game. Always this negative attitude to Liam MacHale. He might go on a bit about 1996, at the same time that is usually foisted upon him by some tv/radio or newspaper interview.
    Liam MacHale was weight training from 1985 onwards he was not actually blessed with natural bulk and strength in his early days, he developed it through dedicated hard work. Just an idea of how he's not just some naturally talented athlete who had it come easy so now he doesn't understand how to contribute on management side to the modern game. Liam could even name his first intro to that side of things by Liam ONeill.

I was involved with McHale for a couple of teams over a couple of years. The allegations of being a spoofer are harsh but correct. McHale doesnt live in the current world of defensive systems etc. Andy Moran, Alan Dillon, etc would definitely agree on this too. Hence last year's supposed veto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

I feel what will come out is that prep between the drawn game and the replay was way below the players expections. Well referenced in many articles and interviews that they met collectively for the first time on the Wednesday night and then had a light workout in Dublin on the Friday night. Is that the standard of preparations of a top 4 team? Is that even the standard of preparation of any club team?
    If you were a club player awaiting your championship replay even at junior level and the club only had a collective squad training on Wednesday night? You'd be wondering "Why aren't we doing for Tuesday/Thursday here?"
    Going out after a Wednesday meetup and a Friday loosen the legs I'd be feeling completely unprepared.

Peist2007 wrote: »
    I was involved with McHale for a couple of teams over a couple of years. The allegations of being a spoofer are harsh but correct. McHale doesnt live in the current world of defensive systems etc. Andy Moran, Alan Dillon, etc would definitely agree on this too. Hence last year's supposed veto.
    In fairness though apart from Stephen Rochford name me one high profile player or manager in Mayo with much credit in the bank over modern defensive systems?
    Playing wise Barry Moran is the only player I'v seen mark space intelligently for 70 mins and not rush in messing up the alignment of who is covering space towards goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Just a couple of observations.

If they are pining for Horans return I'd be surprised if Parsons is one of them.
    He had a fantastic year, but was ignored by Horan throughout his tenure.

Lee Keegan not being on board is interesting and certainly a cause for concern for those who are driving this, he is a senior player and one of the best on the team.
    It would be interesting to see who the others are.

Holmes and Connelly have every right to be pissed.
    They lead this team to a SF replay v the best team in the country in their first attempt.
    They certainly improved the team with the return of Parsons, the selection of DOC (although it could be argued that his inclusion was inevitable), and arguably with the move of AOS to FF.
    There were plenty of positives to take out of 2015 and work on all winter.

Parsons played last year for Horan, played well in both games against Kerry. In fairness, he had a few bad years with injury and also loss of form. He was very inconsistent when he first came on the scene, nowhere near as good as he has become. The move of AOS to FF ultimately backfired. It works against weaker opposition but Dublin had a plan for him. Once that became clear it was time to change things around, but nope Mayo management stuck with their own plan which was failing.

The measure of good management is they recognise their mistakes midgame or after the game and tweak or change things. Horan unfortunately was guilty of being predictable and following the same plan most games, as are H/C. This is why I am sure people like Buckley get frustrated, and the players as well.

In fairness though apart from Stephen Rochford name me one high profile player or manager in Mayo with much credit in the bank over modern defensive systems?
    Playing wise Barry Moran is the only player I'v seen mark space intelligently for 70 mins and not rush in messing up the alignment of who is covering space towards goal.

What's your point? The question was asked why McHale isnt wanted and you've just been told why by someone who played under him in various teams from a low to a very high level. If you still think McHale is the man then fine. He isnt though and Mayo have dodged a bullet if he is gone to Roscommon

What's your point? The question was asked why McHale isnt wanted and you've just been told why by someone who played under him in various teams from a low to a very high level. If you still think McHale is the man then fine. He isnt though and Mayo have dodged a bullet if he is gone to Roscommon
    I believe Stephen Rochford is the best candidate just on that point.
    My point is that people dismiss Liam MacHale as not being knowledgable of the modern game. That may be true or not. It would be logical his knowledge has increased since he trained yourself. Coaches don't stand still knowledge wise no more than players. If he lacks defensive knowledge it's no worse than any other high profile manager we have had.
    I don't see why it's a thing to hold against Liam when James Horans teams were as leaky as a sieve. Even Horan stated in 2015 that he thinks sweeper system means you don't impose your game on the opposition. Well personally I like the idea of imposing the non-concession of goals on the opposition.
    You may be right and MacHale just doesn't have it. Specifically I can't see how his knowledge on defensive side has him way below other coaching candidates. Donie Buckley gets lauded to the high heavens as a coach. People gathering in hushed groups ... tackling, tackling, tackling. Quick review.
    - His teams have conceded goals
    - His coached defenders play individual not collective with lots of rushing in by players unnecessarily leaving space in behind. Many examples across league and championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

keith16 wrote: »
    Neary sounds like an absolute Dinosaur in that interview and is someone who should have no place in the modern game.

Looking at Mayo this year, it is painfully obvious that they have gone backwards in terms of match day tactics.

Is it? Did the current management not get praise heaped upon them after the tactical setup for the Donegal game? Barry Moran sweeping in front of Michael Murphy. They moved Aidan O'Shea into 14 this year.

One loss then after a replay to the best team in the country and they are suddenly tactically inept again.

Maybe there are underlying reasons for all this but on the football pitch the current duo haven't done any worse than Horan did.

I believe Stephen Rochford is the best candidate just on that point.
    My point is that people dismiss Liam MacHale as not being knowledgable of the modern game. That may be true or not. It would be logical his knowledge has increased since he trained yourself. Coaches don't stand still knowledge wise no more than players. If he lacks defensive knowledge it's no worse than any other high profile manager we have had.
    I don't see why it's a thing to hold against Liam when James Horans teams were as leaky as a sieve. Even Horan stated in 2015 that he thinks sweeper system means you don't impose your game on the opposition. Well personally I like the idea of imposing the non-concession of goals on the opposition.
    You may be right and MacHale just doesn't have it. Specifically I can't see how his knowledge on defensive side has him way below other coaching candidates. Donie Buckley gets lauded to the high heavens as a coach. People gathering in hushed groups ... tackling, tackling, tackling. Quick review.
    - His teams have conceded goals
    - His coached defenders play individual not collective with lots of rushing in by players unnecessarily leaving space in behind. Many examples across league and championship.

Donie Buckley is a coach. As is McHale. Goals being continuously leaked is at the manager's door.

However, in order to be as effective as Mayo are ie tackling in swarms, high intensity teamwork, you need to be coached to do this. Based on what i have seen of McHale (and McStay as a manager) there is little emphasis on tactical aspects and more an emphasis on basic skills like handling etc which is honed doing more intense versions of drills you would do on your club pitch back home. That is not even nearly what a county team needs in 2015/2016.

And i never said McHale shouldnt get the job because his teams would leak goals. That is a problem we have already. McHale would have us playing football from circa 2000. Would be nice to see a team line out traditionally i guess. Dont expect us to win though.

Donie Buckley is a coach. As is McHale. Goals being continuously leaked is at the manager's door.

However, in order to be as effective as Mayo are ie tackling in swarms, high intensity teamwork, you need to be coached to do this. Based on what i have seen of McHale (and McStay as a manager) there is little emphasis on tactical aspects and more an emphasis on basic skills like handling etc which is honed doing more intense versions of drills you would do on your club pitch back home. That is not even nearly what a county team needs in 2015/2016.

And i never said McHale shouldnt get the job because his teams would leak goals. That is a problem we have already. McHale would have us playing football from circa 2000. Would be nice to see a team line out traditionally i guess. Dont expect us to win though.

The current management have us playing football circa 2000...big man up front, bomb it in. Their attempt at a sweeper was poor, although I don't agree that modern sweepers tend to just stand on front of the goalie as Joe Brolly suggests.

Lets be honest, a McStay/McHale combination would be streets ahead of the current setup and probably ahead of the Horan setup too. Provided they would retain Buckley. McHale could have been a selector.

There's been some laughable stuff thrown around when it comes to choosing a Mayo manager. Objections to people who have no previous intercounty experience, objections to McHale on spurious grounds, objections to everyone and anyone.

Whoever you choose is not going to be perfect. There is no perfect manager out there.

Another point, I noticed in recent years that Mayo teams are experts at swarm tackles, turning over, etc....but often p*ss poor at essential skills like kick passing and point scoring from play, particularly a number of forwards. You can only get so far with modern football. You need a bit of traditional football too, and Dublin and Kerry both have footballers who can mix the modern with traditional skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The current management have us playing football circa 2000...big man up front, bomb it in. Their attempt at a sweeper was poor, although I don't agree that modern sweepers tend to just stand on front of the goalie as Joe Brolly suggests.

Lets be honest, a McStay/McHale combination would be streets ahead of the current setup and probably ahead of the Horan setup too. Provided they would retain Buckley. McHale could have been a selector.

There's been some laughable stuff thrown around when it comes to choosing a Mayo manager. Objections to people who have no previous intercounty experience, objections to McHale on spurious grounds, objections to everyone and anyone.

Whoever you choose is not going to be perfect. There is no perfect manager out there.

That's a big leap to suggest that.

Can you give us some idea of how you come to that conclusion.

And if I recall Buckley was never part of the McStay package last year, that was given as one reason for them not being chosen.

That's a big leap to suggest that.

Can you give us some idea of how you come to that conclusion.

And if I recall Buckley was never part of the McStay package last year, that was given as one reason for them not being chosen.

Not altogether sure what McStay had in mind for Buckley, but he should have been kept on. That said, McStay won an AI with McHale by his side and he clearly rates McHale as a coach. It makes no sense for McStay to undermine Mayo and his own chances by picking a bad coach.

I'd trust McStay's judgement on this, more so than others. He's a proven manager, unlike many who comment about him. Harsh but true.

As for him being streets ahead, all it takes is a bit of cop on to manage this group of Mayo players and sadly that's been lacking in recent years. Tactical nous is what is missing at key times.

When the players were told meetup again Wednesday after drawn game. Think on that as a club player or ex club player. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

When the players were told meetup again Wednesday after drawn game. Think on that as a club player or ex club player. Ridiculous.

It should have being the next evening g and every evening that week if need be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Just a thought...If Keegan voted for H+C and is it fair to say that Big Bird Barry, Cunniffe, Kirby and Durcan voted for their old manager that we possibly have 5 of the 7 identified already ?

On another note don't think this forum would be as busy if mayo won sam Maguire :-)
    My phone is smoking from the alerts

naughto wrote: »
    It should have being the next evening g and every evening that week if need be
    Of club players Iv checked everyone puzzled as to why not Tuesday n Thursday. Recover on Monday. Recover on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Ascii wrote: »
    Just a thought...If Keegan voted for H+C and is it fair to say that Big Bird Barry, Cunniffe, Kirby and Durcan voted for their old manager that we possibly have 5 of the 7 identified already ?

On another note don't think this forum would be as busy if mayo won sam Maguire :-)

You don't need to be a genius to work out that the Castlebar lads were always going to back Holmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paintitwhite

Not altogether sure what McStay had in mind for Buckley, but he should have been kept on. That said, McStay won an AI with McHale by his side and he clearly rates McHale as a coach. It makes no sense for McStay to undermine Mayo and his own chances by picking a bad coach.

I'd trust McStay's judgement on this, more so than others. He's a proven manager, unlike many who comment about him. Harsh but true.

As for him being streets ahead, all it takes is a bit of cop on to manage this group of Mayo players and sadly that's been lacking in recent years. Tactical nous is what is missing at key times.

Isn't there a family connection between McStay and McHale? I would rate that ticket highly but worth pointing out as its a stick being used to beat the current ticket.

Another point, I noticed in recent years that Mayo teams are experts at swarm tackles, turning over, etc....but often p*ss poor at essential skills like kick passing and point scoring from play, particularly a number of forwards. You can only get so far with modern football. You need a bit of traditional football too, and Dublin and Kerry both have footballers who can mix the modern with traditional skills.

I never said there was a perfect manager out there.

How are my grounds for being against McHale spurious? I played under the man for about 5 years. He's a sound man but is tactically non-existent. He would be our coach instead of Buckley under that regime. You think that would be better? Fair enough but prepare for further disappointment.

• Advertisement

Isn't there a family connection between McStay and McHale? I would rate that ticket highly but worth pointing out as its a stick being used to beat the current ticket.

McHale is married to McStay's sister.

Pat Holmes and Noel Connelly are not related.

Of club players Iv checked everyone puzzled as to why not Tuesday n Thursday. Recover on Monday. Recover on Wednesday.

A small issue. Game on saturday and players had been training for months. Match is drawn so management give players a few extra days off from collective training. The recovery you mention above would have happened the next day regardless. Happens all the time. Training the week of a match like that late in the year is nothing, a bit of kicking and jogging, no more. Hard work had already been done and, i would imagine, the actual grievances with the management in place long before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

It's a tough one. There was a very short turn around between Sunday & Saturday. Personally if I was manager, I'd have liked to meet on Tuesday. But maybe there were valid reasons for not doing so?? I think it'd have been overkill to meet every evening during the week as somebody suggested in another post. Be interesting to know what Dublin did during that week, especially as they had the whole Connolly saga going on. I'd really hope the players vote has more substance behind it than not meeting enough between draw and replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

What good is being 4 points up with 15 minutes to go if you have exerted every bit of energy you have to get in that position? We still lost the game by 8. And that is what matters here. At no stage was that a comfortable lead, it was only a miracle we had not conceded any goals before we did such was the pressure our full-back line was under. They were exposed from minute one and that is down to management, not to mention the substitutions

Totally agree,we simply don't have the depth of squad the Dublins of this world have,some of the substitutions were indeed very hard to understand.

The uncomfortable truth is we are a few players short of winning an All Ireland,the full back line is shaky and we simply do not have enough top class forwards.

It will take a very special manager who is willing to put his neck on the line to get us over the line.Outside of the obvious financial reasons Jim McGuinness won't take the job,would he willing to put his reputation on the line,ditto Jack O Connor?O Connor appears to be looking into the future and another gig as manager of his native county.

A definite northern influence is required to put in place a far more solid defensive system rather than the piecemeal system which was short on match practice and ultimately unsuccessful this year.It was poorly understood by the players.

It's a tough one. There was a very short turn around between Sunday & Saturday. Personally if I was manager, I'd have liked to meet on Tuesday. But maybe there were valid reasons for not doing so?? I think it'd have been overkill to meet every evening during the week as somebody suggested in another post. Be interesting to know what Dublin did during that week, especially as they had the whole Connolly saga going on. I'd really hope the players vote has more substance behind it than not meeting enough between draw and replay.
    Meet Tuesday decide on a gameplan.
    Meet Thursday practice it.

Meet Tuesday decide on a gameplan.
    Meet Thursday practice it.

Yeah that'd seem reasonable alright.... Especially as the match wasn't until 5 on Saturday so I assume travelled up on Saturday morning. If they were travelling up on Friday evening, I think you could argue that maybe meeting once would be enough. Still like I said, I think there must be more behind the vote than this issue

• Advertisement

Yeah that'd seem reasonable alright.... Especially as the match wasn't until 5 on Saturday so I assume travelled up on Saturday morning. If they were travelling up on Friday evening, I think you could argue that maybe meeting once would be enough. Still like I said, I think there must be more behind the vote than this issue
    They travelled up Friday. There would be very little in those sessions. But you dont wait till Wednesday to form a plan and talk it through with the players. Hence easy to see why no tactical changes for the replay. Wasnt organised that you could plan n practice any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Ascii wrote: »

I wouldn't be so sure on that. Aprerently Mr Holmes doesn't talk to one of the lads you have listed and hasn't for over a year.

How are more of the 7 names being released? I was texted two more senior names put as support in the media. This has to be all made up. The vote was anonymous. Every player would and should stick to that line.

How are more of the 7 names being released? I was texted two more senior names put as support in the media. This has to be all made up. The vote was anonymous. Every player would and should stick to that line.

What senior player other than Keegan is mentioned in the media as being supportive of the current regime?

Who has been named in the media bar Keegan as supportive of the joint managers?

• Advertisement

Connaught Telegraph reporting Andy Moran,Tom Parsons and Mark Ronaldson supporting current management.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Connaught Telegraph reporting Andy Moran,Tom Parsons and Mark Ronaldson supporting current management.

Could certainly understand Parsons and Ronaldson supporting them. They seem to be rated more highly by the current management than the previous management.

Keegan & Moran are intriguing though as they are such senior players. How many managers has Moran played under for Mayo now? He is certainly in a good position to judge the quality of the management.

I'm presuming 5... Maughan,Moran,O Mahony,Horan and Connelly/Holmes.

From that can it be taken that the last 3 are relatively unknown players as I doubt the journalist would know just those 4 players intentions?

What does the Connaught use to report theses days ?

twitter ?

The only football related tweet I can find in the last few hours is "Ray Lynam & The Original Hillbillies on stage again https://shar.es/17I77n via @sharethis"

Now for a bit of trivia and to pass the time can anyone tell me what the link between that tweet and Mayo GAA is ?

From that can it be taken that the last 3 are relatively unknown players as I doubt the journalist would know just those 4 players intentions?

Andy Moran would be one of the stalwarts of the panel, well respected and influential.Presumably a voice of reason.I doubt he'd be inclined to make rash judgements.

Tom Parsons has come to the fore under the current management,under utilised by James Horan.Partially due recurrent injury problems and a perception he was a bit too nice a player.No great surprise how he voted,Mark Ronaldson has been in and out of the setup.He got some game time v Galway,mainly played in the FBD and league and on occasion broke into the team come championship time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

Andy Moran would be one of the stalwarts of the panel, well respected and influential.Presumably a voice of reason.I doubt he'd be inclined to make rash judgements.

Tom Parsons has come to the fore under the current management,under utilised by James Horan.Partially due recurrent injury problems and a perception he was a bit too nice a player.No great surprise how he voted,Mark Ronaldson has been in and out of the setup.He got some game time v Galway,mainly played in the FBD and league and on occasion broke into the team come championship time.

Parsons and Ronadlson no surprises there, Ronaldson was even mentioned in the Mortimer family rant a few years back.
    Saw very little game time other than the league so Horan might have been right.

Moran is interesting all right, I think he is certainly mature enough not to make rash judgement, which this on the face of it is, but he may also be thinking I don't need this s**t in what may be the final season of my career, give me the status quo.

The Connaught Tele-rumour has no direct source from any player mentioned.

The Connaught Tele-rumour has no direct source from any player mentioned.

In fairness, none of the 7 players who voted No would come out talking to a newspaper at this stage. Why would they? It would look like they were criticising their team-mates. And while voting No was their right, I think it would be too far if they were to come out in the media highlighting why they voted No. It would just create further divisions. Also, there is also the possibility that they voted No, but will go along with majority rules and therefore see it as end of story for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

What happens next year if the Mayo team don't win the AI. Will they have another meeting and demand the managers head?
    And secondly, if you were a manager, would you want to work with a team that have calls for votes of confidence in you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

The CT are just intent on stirring ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

What good is being 4 points up with 15 minutes to go if you have exerted every bit of energy you have to get in that position? We still lost the game by 8. And that is what matters here. At no stage was that a comfortable lead, it was only a miracle we had not conceded any goals before we did such was the pressure our full-back line was under. They were exposed from minute one and that is down to management, not to mention the substitutions

Spot on.

Also (and correct me if I'm wrong here), we had 4 midfielders on the match day squad and all 4 started did they not? What was the plan for people getting tired, injured, etc? Then engine room just shut down coming towards the end of that game.

Back to football matters 7 All Star nominations for Mayo

Keith Higgins
    Lee Keegan
    Chris Barrett
    Tom Parsons
    Diarmuid O Connor
    Cillian O Connor
    Aidan O Shea

Diarmuid nominated for young POTY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Padkir wrote: »
    Spot on.

Also (and correct me if I'm wrong here), we had 4 midfielders on the match day squad and all 4 started did they not? What was the plan for people getting tired, injured, etc? Then engine room just shut down coming towards the end of that game.

To be fair, they are not necessarily speaking of the management and decision making on the day, rather the overall professionalism of the outfit and the fact that they felt it wasn't a step up from what they had previously.

Thats my understanding of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Gary Neville

We've had this scenario in Cork, far too often in the last 15 years or so. We've now given the job of picking Senior IC Managers to 5 man committees consisting of Chairman, Sec & 3 Ex Players. Whilst it's not mandatory to elicit the opinions of current squad members, the ex-players are doing so, off-the-record. Significantly, the CB no longer pull the strings.

When the Cork CB dominated the selection process - they selected the wrong people, more often than not and players felt that their efforts were being hampered.

It seems that the Mayo CB will look to establish and address the concerns of the players and seek to retain the management on this basis. However, it's likely that battle lines are already formed with leaks to the media and comments by ex players inflaming the situation. The co-managers will be very annoyed at their treatment and as this develops, they'll only dig their heels in more. They'll probably reach a point that even if they want to walk away, they will feel that they can't - on principal. Try to imagine their annoyance at the detail in the Clerkin piece - they will feel that they are being portrayed as incompetents with no opportunity to defend.

The rights and wrongs of this and winning the media war are not really relevant.

Mayo are good enough to win an AI (with the vital slice of good luck) in the next 3 years - management has lost the dressing-room and also the opportunity of guiding this squad to winning Sam. The theatrics must stop and the co-managers must be persuaded, for the good of every party, to step aside.

Back to football matters 7 All Star nominations for Mayo

Keith Higgins
    Lee Keegan
    Chris Barrett
    Tom Parsons
    Diarmuid O Connor
    Cillian O Connor
    Aidan O Shea

Diarmuid nominated for young POTY.

Keegan is the only definite I think, AOS is a possibility, DOC is a shoe in for YPOTY.

Yeah Lee's a definite,Diarmuid has a decent shot,Aidan is probably an outside possibility.Rest have no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Yeah Lee's a definite,Diarmuid has a decent shot,Aidan is probably an outside possibility.Rest have no chance.

Aidan O'Shea was 1/25 last time I looked on Paddy Power. Hardly an outside shot. Will be amazed if he doesnt get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭blue4ever

It would just create further divisions..

aka - there is a division already and as an outsider, one that's going to be very difficult to repair.

I'd suggest that other county supporters are looking on and thinking 'one less team to worry about on '16'.

And, not to put too fine a point on it: the tail doesn't wag the dog.

and.. as for the abuse this forum gives the Telegraph, FFS - they broke a story, there's no 'omerta' here. Some player(s) went to the Telegraph and spilled the beans after the 'covert meeting'- and now people are rounding on them.

Stop pointing the finger and anything that moves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement