Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

yop wrote: »
    Yip Horan played him most. He got little to nothing in the last 2 years.

Scoring, he produced against the big teams, when he actually played.
    Free, he came in under 50% on the frees. COC was the main free taker. McLoughs the other.
    Freeman outscored Doherty on a scores to games ratio.

So you can have it every way you want really. He has produced against the big teams, his scoring to games ratio is as high as any forward we have or had on the panel in the last 5 years, he probably is a confidence player as are most forwards.

So you are trying to argue that he didnt score many frees? There are plenty of games where oconnor wasnt playing, you know that as well as i do. Plenty came from dead balls. But you fail to see the bigger picture - you are arguing on the back of his league performances; because you cant argue on his championship performances. So to claim he done it against the top sides is just nonsense.

Re doherty, the guy is a half forward workhorse. Freeman is a ff and free taker... If you are making that comparison i have lost interest in the discussion, because you are just trying to win a debate rather than talk honestly on the topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Sad to see him go. We haven't too many 6 foot full forward line players capable of winning their own ball and scoring goals . A loss in my eyes to the county . Hope he reconsiders .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So you are trying to argue that he didnt score many frees? There are plenty of games where oconnor wasnt playing, you know that as well as i do. Plenty came from dead balls. But you fail to see the bigger picture - you are arguing on the back of his league performances; because you cant argue on his championship performances. So to claim he done it against the top sides is just nonsense.

Re doherty, the guy is a half forward workhorse. Freeman is a ff and free taker... If you are making that comparison i have lost interest in the discussion, because you are just trying to win a debate rather than talk honestly on the topic

Listen, you dissed him as a forward, you dissed him not performing against the big teams, you dissed him as a player only scoring from frees, you dissed him on confidence. You then claim that the league is lesser than the championship. Read the stats, I've provided you the facts, big or small picture.

You've lost interest as your view is invalid, pointless, factless and as you normally do on the GAA forum you just want to get into an argument.

Any, I lost interest long ago, just wanted to show you up for the drivel you were pedaling.
    And I am sure we will hear man barstooler pipe the same toilet talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Listen, you dissed him as a forward, you dissed him not performing against the big teams, you dissed him as a player only scoring from frees, you dissed him on confidence. You then claim that the league is lesser than the championship. Read the stats, I've provided you the facts, big or small picture.

You've lost interest as your view is invalid, pointless, factless and as you normally do on the GAA forum you just want to get into an argument.

Any, I lost interest long ago, just wanted to show you up for the drivel you were pedaling.
    And I am sure we will hear man barstooler pipe the same toilet talk.

Sorry but im not 'dissing' the guy at all. I fully respect that he gave his all for his county. Im just pointing out that in the cold light of day, he probably came up short - no shame in that. But just because someone gives their 100%, doesnt mean you cant critique the guys performance. That is nonsense.

Id also point out that Im not the guy painting him as some mental pushover who couldnt manage to get over the fact that he was subbed in one game for the rest of his sporting career. And then a nice 'fair play' to him for scoring for us in the league, because the league is all important all of a sudden. Do you not see how patronising that is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

You just have to admire Keegan and for everything he does on the pitch. I hope Westport do the business and he gets the medal he truly deserves along with the young bucks in the team. I am sure alot of the guys look up to him big time with his attitude and drive.
    What a season for him if they win on Sunday and maybe he could do it again on another sunday in september. He comes across as a run of the mill guy in interview as well.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=266387

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

CHC 16.02.17: Tom Parsons (Mayo) Charge Proven - contributing to a melee. One match suspension imposed. Full statement to follow.

So just to be clear
    ONE PLAYER has been charged for contributing to a MELEE

What an absolute joke of an organization
    He needs to get the number for D Connollys solicitor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's grand, only the first appeal. These things usually take two or three. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mayo can expect a major boost in March with the return of the O Shea brothers,Seamus and Aidan,while Ger Cafferkey is likely to be making his first appearance since an injury kept him out for all of last year's championship.

Mayo manager Stephen Rochford has confirmed to The Connaught Telegraph today that all three are back in training and he expects them to be available in March as Mayo's National League programme gets down to the serious end of things with games against Dublin on March 4,Cavan on March 19,Tyrone on March 26 and their last game against Donegal on April 2.

The win over Kerry has boosted Mayo's league hopes but their first half performance,especially in defence,left a lot to be desired,with David Clarke coming to the rescue on more than one occasion.

The return of Cafferkey,who was unable to play any part in Mayo's championship last year due to a hamstring injury,is a huge boost as Mayo seek to sort out their defensive problems ahead of their clash with Roscommon at MacHale Park on Saturday night,February 25.

Aidan O Shea has not played any football since picking up an ankle injury while training with Sligo basketball team EJs,who qualifed for the National Intermediate Cup final where O Shea watched from the wings,while Seamus O Shea is also back from injury and in full training.

Rochford has already let a number of players go from his panel and more are to be released in the coming weeks as he gets down to selecting his final panel ahead of the championship with a few tough calls to make in respect a number of players very much on the periphery of making the final squad.

Alan Freeman has left the panel,the manager citing the work commitments by the Aghamore man which has curtailed him from giving the commitment necessary for 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 rocketfingers

Alan Freeman has left the panel,the manager citing the work commitments by the Aghamore man which has curtailed him from giving the commitment necessary for 2017.
    Does anyone believe that statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

What difference does it make? He probably couldn't commit when he's not sure of getting a game. Hardly a conspiracy

Barlett wrote: »
    What difference does it make? He probably couldn't commit when he's not sure of getting a game. Hardly a conspiracy

Mug Punter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Mug Punter!
    No doubt you have the inside scoop. Please by all means enlighten us 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Jaysus this thread attracts some plebs.
    I reckon a cabal of egos forced Freeman to join Breaffy or quit.

statto25 wrote: »
    Jaysus this thread attracts some plebs.

Was just about to post the same
    People are strange

• Advertisement

Here's hoping Westport can bring home the bacon tomorrow.Can't believe I'm saying that as a fishhead!:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

seligehgit wrote: »
    Here's hoping Westport can bring home the bacon tomorrow.Can't believe I'm saying that as a fishhead!:D

Youll burn in hell!!!!! :D

As a Louisburgh man it almost hurts! Though I did play with them for 8 years! :D

Would love to see them win it. Great boost and habit. 4 lads doing their LC on that team!!!!!

Youll burn in hell!!!!! :D

As a Louisburgh man it almost hurts! Though I did play with them for 8 years! :D

Would love to see them win it. Great boost and habit. 4 lads doing their LC on that team!!!!!

I heard from a Covey work colleague yesterday there's 5 doing the mocks this week!?

Mug Punters!

Barlett wrote: »
    No doubt you have the inside scoop. Please by all means enlighten us 🙄

Don't feed the troll. Have a feeling its a recently banned poster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Mug Punters!

You can't figure out how to turn off bold text, but we're the mugs? :confused:

Did you play County Football Mayo.mick?or at any level?

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Don't feed the troll. Have a feeling its a recently banned poster

I'm bored. Lets feed.

So is it a boy or a girl? Or fluid? :D

I heard from a Covey work colleague yesterday there's 5 doing the mocks this week!?

Mad isn't it. 2 of them are quality players. Leeroy is the oldest at 28!!! :eek:

Did you play County Football Mayo.mick?or at any level?

Not sure about Mayo Mick but I've been told I have back to back All Stars : D :D:D

So Sad,
    Lads on here pontifacating about the game on social media and the truth is ,they never even played the game.
    Pathetic.
    Mug Punters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

So Sad,
    Lads on here pontifacating about the game on social media and the truth is ,they never even played the game.
    Pathetic.
    Mug Punters!

add in every journalist in the country while your at it if thats the case , i imagine given your own footballing talent's that you are the only one here qualified enough to talk about the gaa ;)

Great service again by local streaming

C48-Y_8VYAInk0f.jpg

So Sad,
    Pathetic.
    Mug Punters!

add in every journalist in the country while your at it if thats the case , i imagine given your own footballing talent's that you are the only one here qualified enough to talk about the gaa ;)

Did you play the game Henderson?
    Mayo.mick is avoiding the question.Make of that what you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

It is to be keith higgins last year playing county football from what i hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Did you play the game Henderson?
    Mayo.mick is avoiding the question.Make of that what you will.

let me guess you won an all ireland as well , i bet if you had the chance again you would go back and ask the lorry driver to bypass foxford. what time is it in California podge ? ;)

You people make me sick,ye never kicked a ball in anger.
    ye talk about Alan Freeman that he does not have the bottle for County Football?
    Shame on ye,Shame on ye, call yourselves Mayo supporters?
    Alan is walking away and to be honest ,I dont blame him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Mug Punter!
    Mug Punters!
    So Sad,
    Pathetic.
    Mug Punters!

Off you go, mug banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Mad isn't it. 2 of them are quality players. Leeroy is the oldest at 28!!! :eek:

Not even 28, I don't think.

PressRun wrote: »
    Not even 28, I don't think.

I think he's 27.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Is the Westport game on television or streaming .

Is the Westport game on television or streaming .

http://www.localstreaming.club/finalpr/

It is to be keith higgins last year playing county football from what i hear.

TBH that's would not be a huge surprise,Keith Higgins has been on the road for a very long time.There's nothing I'd like more than for him to go out on a high.Please God this will be the year.

As a Murrisk man (James Gill hails from the locality), and by extension a Westport man too, I fully accept your well wishes!

Great comments by Richie Power after Carrickshock won the IHC final yesterday. Even though he won loads of Senior intercounty titles with Kilkenny he reckons yesterday tops the lot. Really shows the importance of the club in the GAA hierarchy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

The Youtube link in the mayo News does not work. This one should.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e802AT-5Ac

Jesus, that's a fabulous stream. Almost like watching it on the telly.

Delighted to be helpful to a Dub..... In February:D:D

Kalyke wrote: »
    Delighted to be helpful to a Dub..... In February:D:D

Whatever about later in the year!:pac:

Sound as a pound boss.

Insert the obligatory snarky comment about Lee Keegan here
    >

As it's only February, I really couldn't be arsed thinking one up.

Come back to me in 6 months though. :D

Or Connolly...

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Sound as a pound boss.

Insert the obligatory snarky comment about Lee Keegan here
    >

As it's only February, I really couldn't be arsed thinking one up.

Come back to me in 6 months though. :D

Hopefully we will still be in it in August!

Kalyke wrote: »
    Or Connolly...

Or Connollys jersey...which the bould Leeroy wll be wearing today. Apparently.

It explains a lot in fairness. :D

They had the Junior and Intermediate semi finals from Ennis on it. Was superb to have it for my Dad. Connect the laptop to the TV and he is all set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The junior final is heating up. Nice bit of bite to it.

It's a superb stream.Far superior to previous occasions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement