Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

seligehgit wrote: »
    Lavelle
    Silke
    Kyne
    Sweeney
    Bradshaw
    GOD
    Wynne
    FOC
    Flynn
    Heaney
    Conroy
    Shane Walsh
    Daly
    Comer
    Armstrong

Galway team named,no Gary Sice or even more surprisingly Danny Cummins.Seriously rate that lad.

Cummins struggled with niggly injuries trhoughout the league.

I am surprised to not see Sice starting because he at least gives us a reasonably reliable option from frees (which we dont have based on that starting line up). I am not convinced this will be the starting 15 - could easily see somebody else start in place of Armstrong. And it definitely wont be the positions that they line out in. For example, Daly hasnt a hope of starting in the full forward line. He will be 10 or 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Blackjack wrote: »
    Conoreen is just looking to drive traffic to his twitter account and Paddy Power blog by saying ****e that appeals to the great unwashed followers of the current all Ireland champions.

Alot of Mayo people had the blinkers on with our exiled "Micheal Jackson" and now that he has his blue jersey on they see the light.

I think what he did when Horan gave him some medicine that he didn't like, was not on. He did it to cause as much disruption as possible right before the final.

He is well suited up in the big smoke but why anyone would listen to him is another question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

He is well suited up in the big smoke but why anyone would listen to him is another question.

You can have him back!!! Well suited my backside. Cluxton didn't want to be on the same team as him!
    He'll never have a blue jersey on, he's a product of your county and always will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Alot of Mayo people had the blinkers on with our exiled "Micheal Jackson" and now that he has his blue jersey on they see the light.

I think what he did when Horan gave him some medicine that he didn't like, was not on. He did it to cause as much disruption as possible right before the final.

yop wrote: »
    The more I see of Conoreen on Twitter the more he is becoming a big Dub footballer lovin. He probably wants to try and get on the good side of journos and Dublin football to get a bit of a career out of him.

There is zero issue with AOS and management, its a trail of journo and keyboard warrior spew that will of course stick. Little bernadine flynn was the last on that and when the real truth came out then he looked 5ft 5" tall.

Will be a great game and the U17 game before hand. Id say it will sell out if it hasn't already.
    Conoreen is just looking to drive traffic to his twitter account and Paddy Power blog by saying ****e that appeals to the great unwashed followers of the current all Ireland champions.

Jayzus. That is some beef yiz have with Mayo's leading championship scorer. :eek:

You really do turn on your own, when they stray outside the Circle of Trust, don't ye? I can't imagine that happening in any other county, even if the man in question made a prize pillock of himself, when he chose to hang up his inter county boots.

Each to their own...I suppose.

Anyhoo, if yiz don't want to take your issues & hug it out somewhere, you can at least leave us out of it. We couldn't give a flying fcuk what Conor Mortimer thinks about us or anyone else. Why would we?

Stoner wrote: »
    You can have him back!!! Well suited my backside. Cluxton didn't want to be on the same team as him!
    He'll never have a blue jersey on, he's a product of your county and always will be.

He is playing his football in some club up there, that what I mean by the blue jersey. Sure ye guys have loads of media bucks like jackson, so he will fit right in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,357 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mort, the natural forward, is basically from Galway anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

PARlance wrote: »

Ah now I know Shrule is the border but...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »

TOO FAR

;)

km79 wrote: »
    TOO FAR

;)

Knew it wouldn't be long before I got a bite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Blackjack

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Jayzus. That is some beef yiz have with Mayo's leading championship scorer. :eek:

You really do turn on your own, when they stray outside the Circle of Trust, don't ye? I can't imagine that happening in any other county, even if the man in question made a prize pillock of himself, when he chose to hang up his inter county boots.

Anyhoo, if yiz don't want to take your issues & hug it out somewhere, you can at least leave us out of it. We couldn't give a flying fcuk what Conor Mortimer thinks about us or anyone else. Why on earth should we?
    You're a sensitive soul. If you disagree with what I've said I suggest you review Conoreen's Twitter ramblings since before the Paddy Power gig was announced and you'll see what I'm referring to. He probably doesn't believe what he says himself half the time, will follow the way the wind is blowing and then contradict himself shortly after.

Yes he was our top scorer but that doesn't make him a good pundit nor does it qualify what he has to say as being any way accurate or truthful.

He's only saying some things to appeal to certain folk who devolve their entire footballing opinions from the lower common denominators of certain Facebook fan pages and tabloid columnists.

• Advertisement

Have to agree with everyone here
    Conor has no inside track anymore
    I don't think there is any issue between Aidan o shea and Rochford bar a possible injury/fitness one
    He will most likely start imo

Given the forecast it's Likely to be a tight scrappy game with free takers vital
    We have cillian ......can't be sure who takes theirs ?
    Reminds me of that horrible game in the Hyde few years back when cillian got us over the line .
    But sure he wouldn't make their team so they just have a deadly free taker cos that is "all" he does ......

Anyhoo, if yiz don't want to take your issues & hug it out somewhere, you can at least leave us out of it. We couldn't give a flying fcuk what Conor Mortimer thinks about us or anyone else. Why would we?

km79 wrote: »
    Have to agree with everyone here
    Conor has no inside track anymore
    I don't think there is any issue between Aidan o shea and Rochford bar a possible injury/fitness one
    He will most likely start imo

Given the forecast it's Likely to be a tight scrappy game with free takers vital
    We have cillian ......can't be sure who takes theirs ?
    Reminds me of that horrible game in the Hyde few years back when cillian got us over the line .
    But sure he wouldn't make their team so they just have a deadly free taker cos that is "all" he does ......

Probably Conroy. Walsh will take 45's.

Mayo have a definite advantage here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Looks like lots of rain on the way for Saturday and Sunday.

The great leveler busy working away.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

DB6pOqSWsAUBBT5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Probably Conroy. Walsh will take 45's.

Mayo have a definite advantage here.

Wonder could Galway still start Barry McHugh on the day? A fantastic free taker but a bit like Dean Rock he doesn't do a whole lot from play usually. On a wet windy day it wouldn't surprise me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Connor Mortimer deserves nothing but respect, leading scorer for Mayo

Wonder could Galway still start Barry McHugh on the day? A fantastic free taker but a bit like Dean Rock he doesn't do a whole lot from play usually. On a wet windy day it wouldn't surprise me.

Don't think there's any hope McHugh will start.

Rock contributes a lot from play these days. He didn't in his first seasons with Dublin and McHugh could perhaps take inspiration from him. McHugh needs to bulk up a bit. Deserves to be on the panel but won't be on the 15 this year anyway,

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see sice start to give us some balance in free takers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You're a sensitive soul. If you disagree with what I've said I suggest you review Conoreen's Twitter ramblings since before the Paddy Power gig was announced and you'll see what I'm referring to. He probably doesn't believe what he says himself half the time, will follow the way the wind is blowing and then contradict himself shortly after.

Yes he was our top scorer but that doesn't make him a good pundit nor does it qualify what he has to say as being any way accurate or truthful.

He's only saying some things to appeal to certain folk who devolve their entire footballing opinions from the lower common denominators of certain Facebook fan pages and tabloid columnists.

If you think he is a dickhead, fine. If you have a low opinon of the media career he is trying to carve out for himself, fine. (Although it's a bit hypocritical that you don't hold other former Mayo players to the same standards that you seem to hold him to.) If you want to disparage your leading all time championship scorer in such belittling terms, fine. You don't see other counties doing it, but again, fine. It's your own business. But dragging another county into your beef with Conor Mortimer, purely because he lives there, is a more than a bit daft.

Does anybody know what happened with the mayo club stand tickets for tomorrow. Havn't got any round our way and nothing for sale. Where did they go?

Say 3,500 season ticket holders for mayo and maby 500 (so I've heard but open to correction) for Galway leaves maby 4,000 stand tickets. Last I heard there was an error on behalf of Galway leading to no tickets for mayo clubs.

• Advertisement

Oldtree wrote: »
    Does anybody know what happened with the mayo club stand tickets for tomorrow. Havn't got any round our way and nothing for sale. Where did they go?

Say 3,500 season ticket holders for mayo and maby 500 (so I've heard but open to correction) for Galway leaves maby 4,000 stand tickets. Last I heard there was an error on behalf of Galway leading to no tickets for mayo clubs.

I don't know where the stand tickets went. But there was some mix up. I got allocated a ticket earlier in the week as season ticket holder. It was a crap ticket in bottom corner. A couple of days later, I got an email saying there was an error and season ticket holders have now been assigned more central seats. I'm now in a far better seat. So maybe it's something to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Are we expecting a full house in Salthill?

I don't know where the stand tickets went. But there was some mix up. I got allocated a ticket earlier in the week as season ticket holder. It was a crap ticket in bottom corner. A couple of days later, I got an email saying there was an error and season ticket holders have now been assigned more central seats. I'm now in a far better seat. So maybe it's something to do that.

Is there a seating plan somewhere or can ya tell me if I am stuck in the corner too as I fear
    Section H row F

Am a season ticket too and was put in K. Can't get much less central that that.

419542.gif

Seating plan thanks to mayomick

Are we expecting a full house in Salthill?

The stand will be a full house, full of Galway supporters no doubt!

from what I've heard it's going to be very close to full but not sold out yet. I know guys very involved in my club couldn't get a stand ticket so don't think it's only Mayo clubs that had an issue (but I'd imagine counties do prioritise home fans).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Oldtree wrote: »
    Am a season ticket too and was put in K. Can't get much less central that that.

419542.gif

Seating plan thanks to mayomick

My season ticket is in B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

ureds wrote: »
    My season ticket is in B

All our seating group of 10 are in D. Allocated yesterday week

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

I'm not surprised at the lack of stand tickets in Mayo. What's the capacity of the stand? I'd say half those tickets went to Mayo people between season tickets and the you can be sure there was stand tickets for county board officials and players family members. It is an away fixture after all. Galway are well within their rights to keep the rest of the tickets

• Advertisement

Well I heard the Galway supporters are well pissed over the number of tickets given to Mayo. I was told 70% of the stand tickets went to Mayo with season ticket holders.

Well I heard the Galway supporters are well pissed over the number of tickets given to Mayo. I was told 70% of the stand tickets went to Mayo with season ticket holders.

Let them buy season tickets for their county then.

Not sure on the 70% as roughly 3,500 mayo St holders and stand can take over 8,000 and no tickets to be had in mayo clubs. Leaves 4,500 unaccounted.

http://www.stewart.ie/portfolio/pearse-stadium-galway/

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Green Peter

They are available all week in Galway, I heard there was some sort of stroke pulled and most of the mayo's were pushed out to the sides. I hear the powers that be in Mayo are raging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Blackjack

If you think he is a dickhead, fine. If you have a low opinon of the media career he is trying to carve out for himself, fine. (Although it's a bit hypocritical that you don't hold other former Mayo players to the same standards that you seem to hold him to.) If you want to disparage your leading all time championship scorer in such belittling terms, fine. You don't see other counties doing it, but again, fine. It's your own business. But dragging another county into your beef with Conor Mortimer, purely because he lives there, is a more than a bit daft.

Read what I wrote, not what think I wrote. What other former Mayo players are you referring to, and why would I mention them when the discussion was about Mortimer?. You don't see other counties doing it perhaps because you don't see the same sort of **** from other counties former players talking such hollow nonsense about players letting on they have an inside track when they don't. Or you don't have the same obsession with other counties as you do with Mayo.

As regards Mortimer living in Dublin, I made no reference to that. My point was, if you bothered to read it, was that Mortimer was only trying to stir up ****e that appeals to the type of Dubs that delight in reading negative stories and making up other variations of Manure about Aido and other Mayo players, which seems to be particularly any muck they can make up about Lee Keegan or Cillian O'Connor. Have a look at your own threads and fan pages and tell me that doesn't exist, and then off may you ride into the sunset on your high horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,356 ✭✭✭naughto

But sure why would Galway need season tickets would be some waste of money.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mjp

naughto wrote:
    But sure why would Galway need season tickets would be some waste of money.........

Atleast we have all Ireland medals to show for our travels to croker.

Mayo " Always the bridesmaid never the bride"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,356 ✭✭✭naughto

mjp wrote: »
    Atleast we have all Ireland medals to show for our travels to croker.

Mayo " Always the bridesmaid never the bride"

That you might and well done for getting them.
    Put today's another day and I can only see one winner

• Registered Users Posts: 9 xxGrainnexx

What are the chances of getting a ticket in Galway today? Or is it too late?

Should be able to get a terrace ticket outside stadium from official seller.

Map of traffic restrictions

419588.jpg

What are the chances of getting a ticket in Galway today? Or is it too late?

You should be able to get 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

Weather is horrific where I am. Presumably no better in Galway.

PressRun wrote: »
    Weather is horrific where I am. Presumably no better in Galway.

Very windy in Salthill. Making sporadic heavy showers.

It won't be pretty today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be anything approaching a classic today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

They are available all week in Galway, I heard there was some sort of stroke pulled and most of the mayo's were pushed out to the sides. I hear the powers that be in Mayo are raging.

Slagging aside they could very well do that.the season ticket holders get the crap ones so they have good ones to sell

Just got last parking behind aquarium. Salthill jammed so don't try drive in now.

Very strong wind blowing directly down the pitch.
    Hoping it won't ruin the contest.

Half time under 17s contest

Galway 0-4 Mayo 0-3

Our lads will have the wind in the second half.

Just heard Bad smash mid way on new stretch road after Headford. 2 fire brigades police cars, a mess

Ball looking v slippy an feels like a drizzle before a deluge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Woeful stuff from the minors. Deserved to be well beaten.

Horror show by the under 17s in the second half.
    Galway 2-7 Mayo 0-5

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement