Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Dillion has an injury picked up in the Sligo game. Doubt u will see him again this yr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Brusna

Peist2007 wrote: »
    He knew what he was doing. Problem was by the time he had realised he was in a scoring position, then had to have another look to steady himself, it was too late. McCaffrey should never have gotten a block in and it was a huge chance. Just fell to the wrong guy, just on and probably not near the pace of the game.
    He would have been sent on to try to get a score, no other reason so he has to take it on.

You're right though, Andy or Cillian would have nailed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Plenty of tickets available on tickets.ie move fast lads!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Brusna wrote: »
    He would have been sent on to try to get a score, no other reason so he has to take it on.

You're right though, Andy or Cillian would have nailed it.

Might shut the Kiltane crowd up who are always bleating about some hard done by unearthed gem up their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Have we any idea when the DC thing will be put to bed? Assuming the meeting has started?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 intoDwest

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Might shut the Kiltane crowd up who are always bleating about some hard done by unearthed gem up their way.

Like our forwards were so prolific from play. Mickey has the balls at least to go for it, it was a savage block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Think it's unfair on Sweeney to highlight a half chance he got. Sure it might have been near the end but there were plenty who missed chances all throughout the game. It's all if and buts anyway, Cluxton had a better chance to win it for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Think it's unfair on Sweeney to highlight a half chance he got. Sure it might have been near the end but there were plenty who missed chances all throughout the game. It's all if and buts anyway, Cluxton had a better chance to win it for them.

Exactly
    Mayo got the chance to flight again thanks to their own come back and Cluxton's failure.

They did not miss the chance of an All Ireland place due to Sweeney.

ColeTrain wrote: »

It was more than a half chance in fairness. And yes there were other chances missed but the original point was that if you're going to bring on someone with 10 mins to go to grab a chance or two then it's Dillon everyday for me. Sweeney might be that guy in time, but not now imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Edser

PARlance wrote: »
    It was more than a half chance in fairness. And yes there were other chances missed but the original point was that if you're going to bring on someone with 10 mins to go to grab a chance or two then it's Dillon everyday for me. Sweeney might be that guy in time, but not now imo.

Sorry to go off topic - PARlance, can you PM me your mobile number again? Your PM Inbox is full and I can't PM you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Kalyke wrote: »

Article should really highlight the reaction from the majority of Dublin fans... who weren't impressed at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

PARlance wrote: »
    Article should really highlight the reaction from the majority of Dublin fans... who weren't impressed at all.
    In fairness...It did

In fairness...It did

It mentions it but I wouldn't say it highlights the awful response it got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Brilliant post here lads.

Mayos biggest fan, Matteo Scaccabarozzi, from Italy!

http://mayoclub51.com/the-man-behind-the-lens-matteo-scaccabarozzi/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Wow. I really hope they didn't cop the correlation with the Mayo player last week. If they knew about it... TBH the mind boggles...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

What is the craic with Connolly and the DRC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

best of luck mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

What is the craic with Connolly and the DRC?

Still no word and no dublin team named. Game on in 18 hours. Crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Is there not a deadline for it to named

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I really fail to understand why the appeals can't be heard during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Mayo Banter page on facebook say it was rejected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

As a Dublin man, as a G.A.A. supporter this has to be some sort of sick pathetic joke. Who ever came up with this maybe thought they were respecting DIarmuid Connolly but you can bet your bottom dollar that Connolly would not want to be associated with this.

At worst maybe the person who came up with this idea didn't think it through or realise what he/she was doing. I think in fairness to the Dubs they got fully behind the round of applause for Darragh Doherty as I would expect any county to do.

No Dublin supporter woud be associated with this sort of ****e. Sure we have boards to slag each other anyway

naughto wrote: »
    Is there not a deadline for it to named

It was my understanding there for a deadline for the squad at least, but that if say Connolly wasn't named, and then cleared, he wouldn't be allowed to be re-secledted, which is nuts to be honest, so perhaps Dublin are going to exhausted all avenues first, and then name it so that they have a full squad, whether with or without Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

Lukekul wrote: »

The also reckoned yesterday's appeal was upheld. Not exactly a credible source!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

What would the feeling be if Connolly got to play considering the other red cards that have been rescinded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Lukekul wrote: »

The Mayo GAA equivalent of 'The Sun'

LeoB wrote: »
    As a Dublin man, as a G.A.A. supporter this has to be some sort of sick pathetic joke. Who ever came up with this maybe thought they were respecting DIarmuid Connolly but you can bet your bottom dollar that Connolly would not want to be associated with this.

At worst maybe the person who came up with this idea didn't think it through or realise what he/she was doing. I think in fairness to the Dubs they got fully behind the round of applause for Darragh Doherty as I would expect any county to do.

No Dublin supporter woud be associated with this sort of ****e. Sure we have boards to slag each other anyway

+1

I actually think that it shouldn't be reported by so many places, just ignore it - if folk don't know about it they won't get involved.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

intoDwest wrote: »
    Like our forwards were so prolific from play. Mickey has the balls at least to go for it, it was a savage block.

In fairness my comment was missing a :D at the end. Wasnt said in seriousness.

Sweeney did go for it. He had 2 looks though and it cost him the space he needed. Anyway, these things can happen to good players. If he was on a little longer with a touch or two more he might have done it without thinking.

The Dubs are fierce quiet tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Any news on the appeal??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Jaysis why did I watch the game before going to bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

seligehgit wrote: »
    Any news on the appeal??

Appeal heald. Or should i say red card upheald

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

Good luck To Mayo this Evening, And if anyone needs acomaditon I have 2 hotel rooms going spare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Dublin Twitter . Connolly wins his appeal and now free to play .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Yup Connolly has been cleared, that's a fcuking joke to be honest that you can keep appealing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I can't see any official link to say that Connelly has won his appeal.

Just a post on the Dublin board here.
    Nothing on GAA Facebook, Mayo Facebook, RTE etc.

Does anyone have an official link.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CúilChip

https://twitter.com/dubgaaofficial/status/640012196739686400

Absolute joke, if I was the ref for today I would withdraw my services in protest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

From the Official Dublin Twitter...

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/640012196739686400?s=09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Same As wrote: »

Its no different than Keane getting his rescinded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

sabhail wrote: »
    Its no different than Keane getting his rescinded.

did it take Keane 3 appeals?

whatever about Keane in General you have to ask what's the point of red cards. looks like you have to kill someone for it to stand up in the appeals process.

Dublin Twitter . Connolly wins his appeal and now free to play .

Can anybody really say they are surprised he got off? Let's put it behind us and just go out and do the business on the pitch and beat them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

seligehgit wrote: »
    Can anybody really say they are surprised he got off? Let's put it behind us and just go out and do the business on the pitch and beat them!

It's something the Dubs can't be moaning about now I suppose. To anyone travelling, be safe. Come on Mayo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Keane = Connolly as far as appeal goes.

One wonders why the GAA went through this charade of pretence that he would'nt win the appeal when pretty much every dog on the street assumed he'd get off in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

To be honest mentally, it'll be hard to get yourself into the groove, one less thing for Dubs to moan about too. But between Kevin Keane and this...a red card means absolutely nothing.Who would be a referee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Haha not surprised. But if we're gonna win, let's take them down with their star on the field. What an absolute shambles GAA ruling boards are though. Lad might have to be left unconscious on the field for them to dish out any sort of ban.

All the better to beat you with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

maybe people can stop quoting Mayo Gaa Banter page as a source now
    They wrongly said he got off Thursday night and that his appeal was denied last night !
    Anyway the Dubs have probably been planning without him and building a siege mentality . They have no excuses now ...........Keegan needs to BURY him with a shoulder early. Preferably in front of the Hill

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement