Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Your some divil

I've taken the "if ya can't beat them join them " approach :D
    I was a little cranky the last morning with my response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Green_Tae

I thought Rochford took a bit of a gamble building his team around Evan Regan at full-forward but it's payed off, confirmation coming with that MOTM award last weekend. Hard to call concerning Doherty as his partner inside. He's had very good performances there for his college but his best performances in a Mayo jersey came at wing-half.

Cillian O'Connor will probably displace him and will undoubtedly suit the kind of football that Rochford is trying to play. If it's half as entertaining as what Corofin served up last year then football fans around the country are in for a real treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just seen the talk of Higgins in the HF line, surely if anyone's going to get moved there it's Lee Keegan? He's great at tight marking and we need someone to defend from the front like how Connolly did in the replay last year. He takes his points well also. Higgins is a quality defender with a good turn of pace, let's leave him where he should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

For anyone thinking of going to the London game there may be a problem getting tickets.

See below which was taken from Hoganstand.

Connacht Council secretary John Prenty has predicted that there could be a shortage of tickets for Mayo's provincial clash against London in Ruislip.

The Emerald Grounds in Ruislip will not be able to facilitate the large numbers keen to attend the opening match in the Connacht senior football championship.

And Prenty feels that many Mayo supporters who are keen to attend the match could be left without tickets given the small capacity of the grounds.

Speaking to the Mayo News he said: "I'd say tickets are going to be very tight. I think there will be people who'll be disappointed.

"I'd be saying to people to make sure you have a ticket. A lot of people already have their travel arrangements made.

"They've (London GAA board) been selling tickets online for the last ten days, so what's left or available, I don't know. We're waiting on word back from London to see exactly what they have sold.

"It's part of our twinning with London and New York that they have full control of the arrangements for their game. It's not a Connacht Council gate, we have to wait and see what the next move from London is."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

cocoman wrote: »
    For anyone thinking of going to the London game there may be a problem getting tickets.

See below which was taken from Hoganstand.

Connacht Council secretary John Prenty has predicted that there could be a shortage of tickets for Mayo's provincial clash against London in Ruislip.

The Emerald Grounds in Ruislip will not be able to facilitate the large numbers keen to attend the opening match in the Connacht senior football championship.

And Prenty feels that many Mayo supporters who are keen to attend the match could be left without tickets given the small capacity of the grounds.

Speaking to the Mayo News he said: "I'd say tickets are going to be very tight. I think there will be people who'll be disappointed.

"I'd be saying to people to make sure you have a ticket. A lot of people already have their travel arrangements made.

"They've (London GAA board) been selling tickets online for the last ten days, so what's left or available, I don't know. We're waiting on word back from London to see exactly what they have sold.

"It's part of our twinning with London and New York that they have full control of the arrangements for their game. It's not a Connacht Council gate, we have to wait and see what the next move from London is."

It's a balls have flights booked since Christmas iam sure we will find a watering hole some where to keep us happy if we don't get tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Further Ticket Update:
    Due to an unprecedented demand for tickets, there will be no tickets on sale from the county board offices in Ruislip or online until further notice.
    We are currently catering for the "clubs" in london, any requests should come through your club secretary.
    Club secretaries are advised to contact the county secretary Mark Gottsche to request allocation of tickets.
    secretary.london@gaa.ie
    If you are a fully paid up member of a club in London, you are advised to contact your club secretary in the first instance if you require tickets.
    As soon as the allocation of tickets to "clubs" has been completed we will make a further announcement in regards to general ticket availability.
    London GAA County Board

AI u21 semi confirmed
    2.45pm next Saturday inTullamore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

km79 wrote: »
    AI u21 semi confirmed

Niall Cullen referee

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/718431704944418816

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

km79 wrote: »
    AI u21 semi confirmed

Yeah it's part of a double header with the Cork Monaghan clash.I'm really looking forward to it.Dublin by all accounts had to hang tough against Kildare last day out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

seligehgit wrote:
    Dublin by all accounts had to hang tough against Kildare last day out.
    By all accounts indeed Seligehgit.
    Kildare are handy.

Congratulations to the Mayo teachers on their All Ireland win, 3-10 to 2-04 today in Carlow.

https://twitter.com/SDoolster/status/718816695146672128

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Will the U21 match be shown on TG4? I'm going to try and make it, but just in case I can't, it'd be great to be able to watch it.

PressRun wrote: »
    Will the U21 match be shown on TG4? I'm going to try and make it, but just in case I can't, it'd be great to be able to watch it.

Both are live on TG4

The Mayo ladies are beating before and behind them. 7/7 for them!

Cf9UwziXIAALOPw.jpg

So how's everybody feeling about the big game on Saturday?It would be a massive boost morale wise if our under 21s could go to secure an All Ireland title.I don't know much about the Dublin team but they have a proven record at this level in recent years.Two very strong teams going head to head in the other semi final.

It would be great to get the win. They're going to have to be a bit quicker out of the blocks than they were against Roscommon though. Don't think I'm going to make it to Tullamore unfortunately, but hopefully I'll catch it on television.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It would be a massive boost to get a result there. Can see a few of them lads pushing big time for a senior spot and a in in this could only help them

• Advertisement

Hope I'm right but this bunch of lads from the 2013 All Ireland minor winning side seem to have that winning mentality.The Connaught final was a game they had no right to win but yet they dug out a result.

Anyways best of luck to the lads on Saturday.There would be the added bonus of getting a win against an adversary we haven't been having a great amount of success against recently.

seligehgit wrote: »
    So how's everybody feeling about the big game on Saturday?It would be a massive boost morale wise if our under 21s could go to secure an All Ireland title.I don't know much about the Dublin team but they have a proven record at this level in recent years.Two very strong teams going head to head in the other semi final.

It's a younger team this year, no big stars on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

I think the big pitch will help our inside line.
    You have the four seniors around the middle then; Diarmuid, Stephen Coen. Michael Hall and Conor Loftus.
    Mayo need to get the ball in early to Irwin, Reape and Duffy.

seligehgit wrote:
    .I don't know much about the Dublin team but they have a proven record at this level in recent years.Two very strong teams going head to head in the other semi final.
    Thing to note would be the couple of lads that came on for 30 minutes from boden, have Castlebar added anyone to the panel

Stoner wrote: »
    Thing to note would be the couple of lads that came on for 30 minutes from boden, have Castlebar added anyone to the panel

Just looked at the programme from the Connaught final Stoner and there isn't one player from Castlebar Mitchels on the panel.

Matthew Flanagan Balla
    Eddie Doran Achill
    Seamus Cunniffe Ballaghaderreen
    Ciaran Harrison Aghamore
    David Kenny Aghamore
    Michael Hall Breaffy
    Shairoze Akram Ballaghaderreen
    Matthew Ruane Breaffy
    Stephen Coen Hollymount Carramore
    Feargal Boland Aghamore
    Conor Loftus Crossmolina
    Diarmuid O Connor Ballintubber
    Michael Plunkett Ballintubber
    Brian Reape Moy Davitts
    Fionan Duffy Crossmolina

Fir Ionaid

Scott Kilker Belmullet
    Colm Reape Knockmore
    TJ Byrne Kiltimagh
    Barry Duffy Balla
    James Lyons Aghamore
    Eoin O Donoghue Belmullet
    James Kelly Belmullet
    Jason Forkan Kiltimagh
    Mikey Murray Ballina

Fantastic representation from one of our smaller clubs Aghamore.Decent spread amongst many of the other clubs..Ballintubber,Crossmolina,Balla, Breaffy,Ballaghaderreen and Belmullet.It's great to see,shame there isn't more players from Ballina Stephenites and Castlebar Mitchels or for that matter Westport.

Always find the Mayo News podcasts very good...

Host Rob Murphy is joined by Mike Finnerty,Edwin McGreal and Daniel Carey to review Mayo’s spring series and look at the players that stood out along the way.
    We also assess how Stephen Rochford is settling into the role,the mood in Connacht ahead of the championship,and look at the potential impact of Mayo’s under 21 success in the province.

http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/listen/football-podcast/27663-audio-football-podcast-3-national-league-review

DUBLIN (U21FC v Mayo)

1 Lorcan Molloy (St Anne’s)

2 Eoin Murchan (Na Fianna)

3 Shane Clayton (Ballyboden St Enda’s)

4 Martin Cahalin (Cuala)

5 Cillian O’Shea (Kilmacud Crokes)

6 Seán McMahon (Raheny)

7 Eoin Smith (Skerries Harps)

8 Andy Foley (Clontarf)

9 Donal McIlgorm (Skerries Harps)

10 Colm Basquel (Ballyboden St Enda’s)

11 Brian Howard (Raheny)

12 Killian Deeley (Na Fianna)

13 Chris Sallier (Na Fianna)

14 Con O’Callaghan (Cuala)

15 Darragh Spillane (Cuala)

I was wondering when the podcast would go up. Thanks for posting it!

Brilliant start,Diarmuid O Connor is magnificent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

This best start from a Mayo side in years. Fantastic to see.

Unreal team score finished off by DOC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Playing extremely well so far. Great to see them playing with such confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Is a there a huge wind there?

Don't know what Dessie Farrell said to the Dublin team at HT but we're really struggling ATM,real test of character now.Cracking contest.

Ref is absolutely outrageous. A serious capitulation from Mayo nonetheless.

• Advertisement

The lads are showing great fighting spirit.

Free to win it!

Amazing character by the lads to win that game!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Fair play lads. pulled it out of the bag

Congratulations

• Advertisement

Diarmuid is going to be better than his brother !

YESSS DOC superstar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Wooooohooooooo

Oh my God. My heart. One of the best Mayo performances I've seen.

Quelle surprise Diarmuid O Connor gets the MOTM. So many unsung heroes.. Akram,Ruane,Coen,Loftus,Irwin... Too many to mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

sounded brilliant on the radio.... well done mayo, great comeback.

Stoner wrote: »
    Congratulations

Thanks Stoner.From viewing the GAA board in relation to this match I believe this group of Dublin players will be under 21 for a few years yet so the future looks as bright as ever for Dublin at under age level.

It was a cracking contest.This is the second game in a row this Mayo team has shown true character in reeling in a considerable deficit to pull out the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭RD10

Fantastic charachter by the lads! and for the second game running dragging themselves back into the game the way they did after going afew points down!
    Diarmuid o'connor.....what more can u say about this lad...absolutely outstanding!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

That is up there from Diarmuid OConnor as one of the all time great individual performances.
    He has some guts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Congrats you lot.

That DO'C is some man for one man.

( Insert obligatory grumble about the ref here
    > :mad: )

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement