Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭RD10

Am i the only one worried about galway hiding in the long grass? most people are giving galway no chance whatsoever. I really think they'll give mayo a big scare. Still think mayo will beat them but not as easily as people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Tried to get a stand ticket for my nephew in Centra...I was told there were only terrace tickets left in all such outlets...Is it credible that the stand is already sold out or is it likely more will be released??

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

Contact the Connacht GAA. They had stand tickets for the Connacht Final last year in the Hyde when Centra/Supervalu didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

seligehgit wrote: »
    Tried to get a stand ticket for my nephew in Centra...I was told there were only terrace tickets left in all such outlets...Is it credible that the stand is already sold out or is it likely more will be released??

I was shocked to be told the same in Supervalu, if more stand tickets get released I'll be fuming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

RD10 wrote: »
    Am i the only one worried about galway hiding in the long grass? most people are giving galway no chance whatsoever. I really think they'll give mayo a big scare. Still think mayo will beat them but not as easily as people think.

If Hanley plays fb I'll be happy enought he had some job the last time before he got black carded

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭squiredanaher

Are the stand seats first come first served? The stand ticket says unreserved seating on one part, but gives a section and row seat number on other part.!??

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

Season ticket holders were told to just scan their cards for entry into the stand with no seats assigned.

Are the stand seats first come first served? The stand ticket says unreserved seating on one part, but gives a section and row seat number on other part.!??

Yes as Glack mentioned the seats are not designated and are filled on a first come first served basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Unreserved seating.

From the season ticket e-mail

A Chara,

The 2016 Connacht GAA Senior Football Championship continues on Saturday June 18th as Mayo take on Galway at MacHale Park, Castlebar.

To attend this fixture you simply need to attend the venue and present your season ticket card for scanning at the designated turnstile(s). Seating is unreserved and season ticket holders will be seated in the Covered Stand.

Fixture Details:

Saturday June 18th

MacHale Park, Castlebar

Mayo v Galway at 7.00pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Its hard to tell.

Then ate a team, unlike Roscommon, who have failed to really organise themselves and make a good fist of a championship run.

They have been stuck on Div 2 for too long to be considered a contender.
    A team with real ambition would have been out of it at this stage.

That being said upsets do happen, but it would have to take a really bad day at the office from Mayo and a really good one at the office for Gakway to win in Castlebar on Saturday.

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    Caf out now as well according to the Connaught

Mayo News reporting that Barry Moran and Conor Loftus are our main injury concerns,Barry missed the London game with an achilles injury,Stephen Rochford said Loftus was 50:50 for the Galway game.

Chris Barrett is definitely out with hamstring injury,return date unclear.Alan Freeman's ankle injury has cleared up and all the other walking wounded missing from the London clash took some part in the training camp including Ger Caff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

What is your basis for thinking this? Galway have done nothing recently to suggest they are in any shape to take on Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

What is your basis for thinking this? Galway have done nothing recently to suggest they are in any shape to take on Mayo.

A good tough hard game with no injurys will do us fine . We will learn nothing if they rool over to easy

Didn't mean to quote u tcd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Follow a page on Facebook "diary of a junior footballer". He commented this morning that he heard all is not well in the mayo camp, any substance in this? He is a Galway man by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Follow a page on Facebook "diary of a junior footballer". He commented this morning that he heard all is not well in the mayo camp, any substance in this? He is a Galway man by the way.

Well whether true or not, all was not well last year, but it didn't stop them from performing. This story comes around every year, I wouldn't worry about it

I've heard nothing of the sort,not on the inside track but I'd oftentimes hear news through the grapevine.Hoping it's not true,a little bit of aggro in a camp can be positive as long as there is'nt an real underlying issue/toxicity related to same.

TBH I'd take most of these rumours re camp rumbling with a grain of salt without substantiation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Cant wait for saturday. Have a sneaking suspicion that galway will give us a little run. Would not believe the team galway have named will start, but no doubt there will be a few new young lads in it who will be trying to prove a point to Kevin Walsh. Hoping we get a competitive game and just get through by a point or two. I Deffo think a big demolition job on Galway like 2013 would play into Roscommons hands going into a provincial final. Lets save the hammering for the connaught final :-)
    Is Diarmuid still injured or will he start ? Who is going to have a crack at naming the team ??

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Galway will be lucky to get within 6 points of mayo, that's a B team with all that's missing , Kevin Walsh doesn't seem to be getting the support from some of the north galway clubs, as a galway man I just hope the new keeper is worth keeping not like last year's fiasco in goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

A galway man saying all is not well in the mayo camp whilst they Galway themselves together a team ? And he then predicts a 2 pt galway win ?
    Stop. I think he is smoking the grapevine and hearing voices :D

Ascii wrote: »
    Cant wait for saturday. Have a sneaking suspicion that galway will give us a little run. Would not believe the team galway have named will start, but no doubt there will be a few new young lads in it who will be trying to prove a point to Kevin Walsh. Hoping we get a competitive game and just get through by a point or two. I Deffo think a big demolition job on Galway like 2013 would play into Roscommons hands going into a provincial final. Lets save the hammering for the connaught final :-)
    Is Diarmuid still injured or will he start ? Who is going to have a crack at naming the team ??

Even though a win of any margin is a win I'd still like to see Mayo control this game from start to finish and that the outcome never be in doubt.

There is nothing to be gained from scrapping through a game you should be winning easily for the sake of some sort of a "test"

If Galway are competitive fair enough, if not so what, Roscommon should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Very strong looking team even without Diarmuid and SOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

I know Ascii asked above but is Diarmuid still injured? I haven't heard anything since the London game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

I heard yesterday that everyone was fit bar Cafferky and Barrett (who has had a worryingly long time off with injury), so I've no idea why Diarmuid wouldn't be starting, unless there are changes made on the day, which wouldn't surprise me. Don't think I'd have Conor O'Shea starting, tbh.

• Advertisement

That 15 is not an all Ireland starting team that's for sure would not have gibbons or Doherty starting.
    No team he has named has started yet

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

In fairness it would be better if Galway won and a Connacht county who can finish the job off got to an all Ireland and took Sam home in one go like in 1998. Save the Mayo's alot of money on tickets, the water charges were fairer than asking a Mayo man to buy an all Ireland tickets it's now like a tax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

In fairness it would be better if Galway won and a Connacht county who can finish the job off got to an all Ireland and took Sam home in one go like in 1998. Save the Mayo's alot of money on tickets, the water charges were fairer than asking a Mayo man to buy an all Ireland tickets it's now like a tax

Ouch !

Now this is what we're looking for in the run up to big games between old rivals. Even if the rivalry is a tad one sided these days.

People of Meath, please take note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Anyone know what the story is with Caff? I've no problem giving Keane matches, but I'd be interested to know what the prognosis is for him and Barrett. Both have been out for a while now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

It may well be a tax, but it's a tax any herron choker would gladly pay at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The one a year post about Mayo!

Its this time of year the idiots arrive on the Mayo thread :)

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=772004&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A&forum=269

Back in your box now Peter good lad

I listened to the Mayo News GAA podcast yesterday and they had a very interesting statistic.

Apparently Mayo score on average 22pts in games that Cillian O' Conner plays a major part in.
    In games were he does not play or only plays a minor part in, that average goes down to 13.

I'm not sire what the sample size is but all the details are in The Mayo News.

If anyone needed convincing that just shows how valuable a fit Cillian is.

Met Eireann regional forecast for Connacht tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be dry for most of the day with some bright spells.Cloud will build through the day with some outbreaks of rain and drizzle in the later afternoon and evening.Highs of 16 to 19 degrees and winds will back to the southwest.

I listened to the Mayo News GAA podcast yesterday and they had a very interesting statistic.

Apparently Mayo score on average 22pts in games that Cillian O' Conner plays a major part in.
    In games were he does not play or only plays a minor part in, that average goes down to 13.

I am assuming that is just based on championship games. Very interesting statistic none the less. I Really think Kevin Mc needs to step up to the plate and have a big game. I haven't been convinced about him of late. Looking forward to seeing COS again (assuming he starts). I thought he was a little rash with some of his shot taking in the league, particular against Kerry.

Anyone surprised that there isn't one or two of the the under 21s brought onto the first team ? If Galway are as poor as people make out then you would feel that it's the opportunity to start one or two of them.

Yeah that was an excellent article in the Mayo News comparing the importance of the two O Connor brother. It truly put in ink the vital importance of a fit Cillian I Connor to increasing the score we put up in matches.Stated the obvious,nonetheless enlightening and always a timely remainder of what a quality score getter/creator he is.

Usually fairly accurate. Hopefully with the wind it Might push out till 8 or 9 pm so might not get too wet

I am assuming that is just based on championship games. Very interesting statistic none the less. I Really think Kevin Mc needs to step up to the plate and have a big game. I haven't been convinced about him of late. Looking forward to seeing COS again (assuming he starts). I thought he was a little rash with some of his shot taking in the league, particular against Kerry.

Anyone surprised that there isn't one or two of the the under 21s brought onto the first team ? If Galway are as poor as people make out then you would feel that it's the opportunity to start one or two of them.

No from what I recall it's league and championship games over the last two years.9 point differential is huge.

Not sure which of the under 21s realistically would have been named to start.Possibly Conor Loftus if he's fit,Stephen Coen started the last day but competition is fierce i lar na pairce.Michael Hall again has his work cut out at this stage to get look in in our possibly strongest line... half backs.I'd imagine Conor and Stephen may well see match time come Saturday.

That team is hardly likely to start,Stephen Rochford has tended to make at least one change to the named match 15.

This relates to my earlier post on the weather

Usually fairly accurate. Hopefully with the wind it Might push out till 8 or 9 pm so might not get too wet

Get into the stand nice and early Ascii and keep the fingers crossed that for once the wind doesn't gust into the stand!😃

• Advertisement

Get into the stand nice and early Ascii and keep the fingers crossed that for once the wind doesn't gust into the stand!😃

Stand...don't you mean wind tunnel 😀😀
    Couple that with the sun setting low in the west and cutting the eyes of you means it will be the mchale terrace. Stand I am guessing is all sold out at this stage

I wonder will they honour the Nicky Rackard hurlers at half time. Would be nice to give them a sort of home coming in front of the loyal Mayo fans and mark their achievement.
    Twould mean no half time cuppan tae for dual star zippy Higgins though ����

Stand...don't you mean wind tunnel 😀😀
    Couple that with the sun setting low in the west and cutting the eyes of you means it will be the mchale terrace. Stand I am guessing is all sold out at this stage

Yeah you're dead right,its a wind tunnel.Shan't forget the combination of gales and rain during the Dublin league game in a hurry,sunset on a decent evening can be a nightmare too.Yeah it's sold out alright,you might pick up a season ticket off somebody who can't make it?It was mentioned above that you could contact John Prenty/Connacht Council to see if there was any more stand tickets available.Prefer halfway line,halfway down or the McHale Road terrace on a lovely evening near the old pressbox.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Lads do any of ye know what the story is with bringing juveniles tomorrow? I've on the season ticket but I am thinking it would be good to bring my 5 year old. I tried to find it on their FAQ but couldn't get an answer.

I wonder will they honour the Nicky Rackard hurlers at half time. Would be nice to give them a sort of home coming in front of the loyal Mayo fans and mark their achievement.
    Twould mean no half time cuppan tae for dual star zippy Higgins though ����

All bow before the altar of the great Zippy,give the man a cup of tae!:D

In all seriousness it would be only right and proper to do something along those lines.

yop wrote: »
    Lads do any of ye know what the story is with bringing juveniles tomorrow? I've on the season ticket but I am thinking it would be good to bring my 5 year old. I tried to find it on their FAQ but couldn't get an answer.

Yop I'm bringing the nephew,I think you have to buy a ticket for all championship games/be in possession of a juvenile season ticket.

Yop I'm bringing the nephew,I think you have to buy a ticket for all championship games/be in possession of a juvenile season ticket.

Thanks buck,
    I have my brothers season ticket, he is working, so I might just scan him in on that.
    But if not I will buy the fiver ticket.

Time to turn down the passion when I have him with me! :)

Thanks buck,
    I have my brothers season ticket, he is working, so I might just scan him in on that.

I've no intention of turning down the passion,nephew present or not!;)

I've no intention of turning down the passion,nephew present or not!;)

Mine is more along the lines of "Ear abuse", nearly passed out in 2012 I got so worked up. Need to work on my breathing lol.

Looking forward to it. Hope the weather is dry.

• Advertisement

Thanks buck,

Yop, I'd say there'll be a few juvenile season tickets about sat eve. If you've a spare adult, make sure he use's that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement