Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

In fairness to them in the Season Ticket offices they came back to me re the tickets;
    Connacht GAA had reserved part of the stand, section 105 ( and part of 104 and 106 also) to be used as an Ard Comhairle section and to accommodate players' families etc.

These areas were operating with reserved seating.

The rest of the stand was unreserved as was advised in the emails which we circulated to season ticket holders.

The reserved seating area was mismanaged by stewards on the day which then led to the confusion and the inconvenience caused to Season Ticket holders.

People were let access the reserved seating and then ticket holders with reserved seating tickets started to arrive as this is what caused the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Any word on what happened to Jason Gibbons in the end? I heard a broken collar bone, but not sure if it's true. Hope he has as speedy a recovery as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

PressRun wrote: »
    Any word on what happened to Jason Gibbons in the end? I heard a broken collar bone, but not sure if it's true. Hope he has as speedy a recovery as possible.

Dislocated shoulder. Rochford has said he will be out for a long time. Handy player to have available and his club will also suffer from his absence. Hope he recovers properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

statto25 wrote: »
    Mine now updated...They must be watching.

hmmmm.... 2/3's of ours updated here as of now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

yop wrote: »
    In fairness to them in the Season Ticket offices they came back to me re the tickets;
    Connacht GAA had reserved part of the stand, section 105 ( and part of 104 and 106 also) to be used as an Ard Comhairle section and to accommodate players' families etc.

These areas were operating with reserved seating.

The rest of the stand was unreserved as was advised in the emails which we circulated to season ticket holders.

The reserved seating area was mismanaged by stewards on the day which then led to the confusion and the inconvenience caused to Season Ticket holders.

People were let access the reserved seating and then ticket holders with reserved seating tickets started to arrive as this is what caused the issue.

There was no mention in the email to Season Ticket Holders (mine anyway) that part of the stand was to be reserved.

The only reference to seating was "To attend this fixture you simply need to attend the venue and present your season ticket card for scanning at the designated turnstile(s). Seating is unreserved and season ticket holders will be seated in the Covered Stand.".

Now, I wasn't someone that arrived in early enough to get a seat in any of 104, 105 or 106 but if I had been, and managed to sit in one of those sections, given the wording of the email I would be pretty damn slow to move!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Avns1s wrote: »
    There was no mention in the email to Season Ticket Holders (mine anyway) that part of the stand was to be reserved.

The only reference to seating was "To attend this fixture you simply need to attend the venue and present your season ticket card for scanning at the designated turnstile(s). Seating is unreserved and season ticket holders will be seated in the Covered Stand.".

Now, I wasn't someone that arrived in early enough to get a seat in any of 104, 105 or 106 but if I had been, and managed to sit in one of those sections, given the wording of the email I would be pretty damn slow to move!

It wasn't just season ticket holders, anyone who had a stand ticket that arrived early enough to get a "better" seat in the apparently unreserved stand, was asked to move. I got in at ~6:20 and people who were holding me a seat had already been moved twice - it seems nobody was sure where 106 ended and 107 started, and from the quoted email from HQ, looks like they didn't know which rows in these sections were reserved either.

Re the game, it's all been said already.
    We were flat, couldn't recover from the goal and that was that. Poorest display in many a year, but it's time to move on.
    We either regather ourselves and attack the qualifiers with serious intent or we pack it in til next year.

We'll know which it's to be after 10 minutes of the game on July 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

seligehgit wrote: »
    That result was quite a shock to the system.

Nobody doubts there has been a possible mental fragility sometimes manifested in an inability to protect a lead in some Mayo performances.All Ireland finals,All Ireland semi finals/semi final replays but does that justify the bottlers tag?Such a loaded and lazy phrase to throw out by those who wish to gloat and seek pleasure in other counties misery,frankly pathetic.

Evidently mental strength is a intricate part of the make up of a winning team so we have not been good enough and are well aware of same.
    Call it lack of mental strength, calling bottling call it whatever you want, but the fact is Mayo have a soft underbelly and it has been there for years. The same as our hurlers. I'm not gloating nor do I seek pleasure in ye losing all Ireland finals, we have lost more than our share. I actually feel sorry for ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

It wasn't just season ticket holders, anyone who had a stand ticket that arrived early enough to get a "better" seat in the apparently unreserved stand, was asked to move. I got in at ~6:20 and people who were holding me a seat had already been moved twice - it seems nobody was sure where 106 ended and 107 started, and from the quoted email from HQ, looks like they didn't know which rows in these sections were reserved either.

Re the game, it's all been said already.
    We were flat, couldn't recover from the goal and that was that. Poorest display in many a year, but it's time to move on.
    We either regather ourselves and attack the qualifiers with serious intent or we pack it in til next year.

We'll know which it's to be after 10 minutes of the game on July 9th.

Absolutely

Can't wait for the draw next Monday and the game a few weeks later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Robson99 wrote: »
    Call it lack of mental strength, calling bottling call it whatever you want, but the fact is Mayo have a soft underbelly and it has been there for years. The same as our hurlers. I'm not gloating nor do I seek pleasure in ye losing all Ireland finals, we have lost more than our share. I actually feel sorry for ye
    Thanks for your pity but not necessary.No team has a god given right to a celtic cross but these lads and the men that have managed them these past few years can hold their heads high.personally I expect a reaction from them in the qualifiers,maybe it won't result in an all-ireland but they aren't soft,they aren't bottlers and they are still have the ability to mix it with the best. Having said that,the set up of the team saturday did us no favours .The template we had before this season does not need such radical changes imo.What we did lack up to now was strength in depth.The u-21 lads are ready to step up to the plate and the qualifiers is an ideal opportunity to blood them.The dream is still alive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Avns1s wrote: »

Absolutely. I was there with my Dad and his 75 yr old mate and my 5 year. We arrived at 5.35pm and sat in seats at the middle of the pitch. We were then told at 6pm that these seats were for players families.
    We moved 10 seats to the left and were in section 106. Stewards watched us move.
    At 6.30 the Gardai were called and people were asked to leave seats. We put the argument, as above, that we had unreserved stand seats.
    Guy beside me with a party of 13, probably 8 kids and one special needs. They had section 106, UNRESERVED.
    At 6.40 I alone with my Dad and his friend and the man with the 13 others were told by the Gardai that we had to move or to face actions.

There were raised voices and we were told by one man with a badge, I assume either Mayo County board or Connacht Coucil that we "had to do what we were told".... lovely aint it.

This year we missed 1 Mayo game, that one in Cork... this is what we get then, loyal fans rewarded. :eek::rolleyes::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Absolutely. I was there with my Dad and his 75 yr old mate and my 5 year. We arrived at 5.35pm and sat in seats at the middle of the pitch. We were then told at 6pm that these seats were for players families.
    We moved 10 seats to the left and were in section 106. Stewards watched us move.
    At 6.30 the Gardai were called and people were asked to leave seats. We put the argument, as above, that we had unreserved stand seats.
    Guy beside me with a party of 13, probably 8 kids and one special needs. They had section 106, UNRESERVED.
    At 6.40 I alone with my Dad and his friend and the man with the 13 others were told by the Gardai that we had to move or to face actions.

There were raised voices and we were told by one man with a badge, I assume either Mayo County board or Connacht Coucil that we "had to do what we were told".... lovely aint it.

This year we missed 1 Mayo game, that one in Cork... this is what we get then, loyal fans rewarded. :eek::rolleyes::mad:
    Cowboy management. The best way to get these cowboys to get their act together is to keep your money in your pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Terrible carry on by Co Board or McHale Park or whoever. I heard on midwest this morning about this happening to one Mayo supporter who got so pi**ed off that he left the stadium and went down the town to watch it on TV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Personally I think this article is 100 percent bang on the money. Hats off to O Se. Taking it right back to the annihilation by Cork in January, and the general air of arrogance and wannabe superstardom that crept into the team.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/toms-s-when-the-pressure-came-on-where-were-mayos-leaders-34815619.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Who are the 2 players missing for the season according to todays Mayo News? Gibbons & ??

EDIT

Ger Caff out for the season after tearing his hamstring. Massive loss

Yup. Bit of a disaster losing Cafferky. Kevin Keane did pretty well the other day on Comer, but if he gets injured, what other options do we have at the back? Chris Barrett seems to be recovering from his injury at a glacial pace too, so who knows how fit he is.

Just heard there was a bit of a disagreement in the dressing room just before match. Can only hope its not true. :(

Oldtree wrote: »
    hmmmm.... 2/3's of ours updated here as of now :rolleyes:

Still not updated and after email no record. kids ticket and all :mad: even got the photos to prove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭RD10

Personally I think this article is 100 percent bang on the money. Hats off to O Se. Taking it right back to the annihilation by Cork in January, and the general air of arrogance and wannabe superstardom that crept into the team.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/toms-s-when-the-pressure-came-on-where-were-mayos-leaders-34815619.html

Agreed. 100% spot on.
    Also agree with a lot of what Jim mcguinness and bernard flynn have said n their pieces also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Aidan has his word. Hate seeing these type of articles, no need to be talking shop to the press.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mayos-aidan-oshea-were-now-facing-our-biggest-test-as-a-group-34818765.html

Even though I don't disagree with what he is saying in the article I find the timing interesting.

A few short weeks ago the same pundit was telling us how Mayo were on mission and were the team best placed to beat Dublin.

Now he's telling us that they lack leaders and has know this since January.

He obviously had that one in the locker ready to be taken out when he needed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Gibbons and caf gone for the season. Caf is a massive loss

AOS was at a media event, hard not to field questions and if he didn't answer them it would have been worse imho. He said it as it was re the team and Boyler. I don't like the line "We didn't see it coming", your playing your neighbours in a one off game at home with ZERO hope for them from many quarters, the last thing in your head is the complacency to not see it coming. Hence the loss from what I can see.

McGuinness has just dropped his head in that article, as Fr Tod says, he had us bigged up as the biggest threat, now we're the oppossite. He has to sell papers, so he writes it. I agree more with that article than the previous, we lacked a serious amount of leaders, it was too much of the "After you, no after you" attitude, leaving it for the next man.

Time will tell.

naughto wrote: »
    Gibbons and caf gone for the season. Caf is a massive loss

Absolutely, now I see this as a change to bring the U21 lads through, they won us an AI U21 title in some of the best games I have seen Mayo players produce. They pulled out results when we thought they were gone.
    Now is the time to bring that mentality into the squad and if the senior players dont have then the door is there. Might be harsh, but they had their chance all league and especially last Sat night and didn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,219 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Absolutely, now I see this as a change to bring the U21 lads through, they won us an AI U21 title in some of the best games I have seen Mayo players produce. They pulled out results when we thought they were gone.
    Now is the time to bring that mentality into the squad and if the senior players dont have then the door is there. Might be harsh, but they had their chance all league and especially last Sat night and didn't do it.

This Mayo senior team have been training on a system like most other counties for the past 6 months with an eye to the championship I would imagine.
    If U21s aren`t slotted into training and playing under a teams system during the league, once the championship has started I wouldn`t have great faith in bringing them in cold.
    Plus the hits and refs interpretation of them in senior inter county championship are a world away from U21

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

charlie14 wrote: »

This Mayo senior team have been training on a system like most other counties for the past 6 months with an eye to the championship I would imagine.
    If U21s aren`t slotted into training and playing under a teams system during the league, once the championship has started I wouldn`t have great faith in bringing them in cold.
    Plus the hits and refs interpretation of them in senior inter county championship are a world away from U21
    Jeez. The senior teams training hasn't exactly left them looking too hot in fairness either. Very valid comment from McGuinness in the Indo too about the step up from club to inter County management.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

There's no need to overdo things either. We need a bit of perspective. First off, you can't just 'bring in' the u-21 lads. Most of them are simply not ready yet. Think of the instant step up from playing against lads your own age, to going up against hardened top class veterans that we (hopefully) will face later on it the year. The likes of Diarmuid O'Connor is the exception, he belongs at the top. Loftus, Hall etc are still learning. The other lads will hopefully break through next year or the year after. If they're good enough then they will, but I'd expect to see more of them on the panel next season for sure.

Main point is, our day was coming. All it took to lose the 6 in a row was one poor performance. It was disappointing but that's The Championship, you're only ever one defeat away from turmoil. We're on the ropes now for sure but I still expect this team to have a good crack at the qualifiers. Rochford has time to look at things and more importantly, the player's have a chance to re-evaluate and decide where they want to go from here. They've given us enough good days out and there's never any shame losing to the better team and while Galway showed massive heart, Mayo didn't do themselves any justice on Saturday, we all know that. Let's see how they react before we stick the boot in too much, we owe them that much imo.

There's no need to overdo things either. We need a bit of perspective. First off, you can't just 'bring in' the u-21 lads. Most of them are simply not ready yet. Think of the instant step up from playing against lads your own age, to going up against hardened top class veterans that we (hopefully) will face later on it the year. The likes of Diarmuid O'Connor is the exception, he belongs at the top. Loftus, Hall etc are still learning. The other lads will hopefully break through next year or the year after. If they're good enough then they will, but I'd expect to see more of them on the panel next season for sure.

Main point is, our day was coming. All it took to lose the 6 in a row was one poor performance. It was disappointing but that's The Championship, you're only ever one defeat away from turmoil. We're on the ropes now for sure but I still expect this team to have a good crack at the qualifiers. Rochford has time to look at things and more importantly, the player's have a chance to re-evaluate and decide where they want to go from here. They've given us enough good days out and there's never any shame losing to the better team and while Galway showed massive heart, Mayo didn't do themselves any justice on Saturday, we all know that. Let's see how they react before we stick the boot in too much, we owe them that much imo.

Very true
    There is no need to tear this team apart until next February at the earliest

lets see how they do in the qualifiers

Unless there is something really rotten in the state of Denmark they should be well capable of making it to the QF
    Plus if they end up with a QF place they may well avoid Dublin if the losing Ulster finalist is also there
    That would pit them against the Ulster champ with a chance of getting to the place many expected them to be, the opposite SF to Dublin.

Now if there is something rotten in the team then we will find out soon enough and next NFL is the time to start bringing in the young guys and letting the older guys sit on the bench.

Very true
    There is no need to tear this team apart until next February at the earliest

lets see how they do in the qualifiers

Unless there is something really rotten in the state of Denmark they should be well capable of making it to the QF
    Plus if they end up with a QF place they may well avoid Dublin if the losing Ulster finalist is also there
    That would pit them against the Ulster champ with a chance of getting to the place many expected them to be, the opposite SF to Dublin.

Now if there is something rotten in the team then we will find out soon enough and next NFL is the time to start bringing in the young guys and letting the older guys sit on the bench.

I think there is at this stage, a lot has gone on in the last 8 months and we have gone well back in that period. Outside of the Monaghan performance we have been lacklustre, off the pace, lacking ideas and passion.
    We hear now of more disagreements last Saturday.

While I agree than it maybe too soon to bring in the U21, I still think that they have more to offer than what is on the bench, enthusiasm and youth and that winning feeling from having an U21 medal in your pocket is worth a lot.

Time will tell, I'm following them too long to be throwing in the towel and I do hope I am proven wrong, but something doesn't sit right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yop wrote:
    Time will tell, I'm following them too long to be throwing in the towel and I do hope I am proven wrong, but something doesn't sit right.

You're due a dramatic exit though Yop.

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    You're due a dramatic exit though Yop.

hAHA, I'll run out screaming! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Disgraceful comments from Prenty in the Mayo News, he might as well have called the season ticket holders a nuisance.

He totally washed his hands of the whole allocated seating fiasco.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Disgraceful comments from Prenty in the Mayo News, he might as well have called the season ticket holders a nuisance.

He totally washed his hands of the whole allocated seating fiasco.

Link to article here;
    http://www.mayonews.ie/news/28035-it-was-a-complete-fiasco

I wouldn't be too quick to jump on these rumours. Of course, they could be true, but there's plenty of people who just want to point the finger and have been waiting for a defeat like this to do just that, especially towards certain players in particular.

Mr Prenty must be from the blue seat and stand pole brigade that forgot to make a separate stand entrance when renovations were under way, would have been very simple to do, could still easily stick a dividing wall up. Oh... and the brigade that forgot to communicate to stewards on Saturday that the stand was to be separated into sections using say.... €20 worth of hi-vis plastic tape and 2 stewards to ask for tickets at the bottom of the stand steps, not that logistically difficult at all.

I arrived at 5.30 to ensure i got to sit in the area I have been sitting in for years, the same as many others. I would have been very upset if asked to move because of this stupidness.

I think there is at this stage, a lot has gone on in the last 8 months and we have gone well back in that period. Outside of the Monaghan performance we have been lacklustre, off the pace, lacking ideas and passion.

While I agree than it maybe too soon to bring in the U21, I still think that they have more to offer than what is on the bench, enthusiasm and youth and that winning feeling from having an U21 medal in your pocket is worth a lot.

This is why I can't wait for the draw and the next game.

I want to see how they react.

I want to see if they really just had an off day or whether the malaise continues.

[/b]

This is why I can't wait for the draw and the next game.

I want to see how they react.

I want to see if they really just had an off day or whether the malaise continues.

Have we not been waiting for a reaction though all year? Against Donegal they ran through them up there and I waiting for them to push on, but that didn't happen.
    Agaist Dublin on our own patch, I was waiting for them to step up but it petered out.
    Against Tyrone I was waiting and last Saturday, aside from that 10 minute spell there was no reaction.

Anyway, I'm just in glass half full mode, Ill get over my beeutching for the game on Saturday week! :)

The reaction I want to see is that we go to where ever and we blow them out of the water as we did to Donegal a few years back.

Have we not been waiting for a reaction though all year? Against Donegal they ran through them up there and I waiting for them to push on, but that didn't happen.
    Agaist Dublin on our own patch, I was waiting for them to step up but it petered out.
    Against Tyrone I was waiting and last Saturday, aside from that 10 minute spell there was no reaction.

Anyway, I'm just in glass half full mode, Ill get over my beeutching for the game on Saturday week! :)

The reaction I want to see is that we go to where ever and we blow them out of the water as we did to Donegal a few years back.

Yes we have been, but the argument can be made that "its only the league"

Now its the championship.

I'd love to see them beat all and sundry like 2013 and get into a "Mayo have not been tested" debate between now and September, but I'm well aware that it could all end up like 2001,2003, 2006 and 2010.

That's why I want to see a reaction, a real win or bust reaction.

Yes we have been, but the argument can be made that "its only the league"

Now its the championship.

I'd love to see them beat all and sundry like 2013 and get into a "Mayo have not been tested" debate between now and September, but I'm well aware that it could all end up like 2001,2003, 2006 and 2010.

That's why I want to see a reaction, a real win or bust reaction.

I'm more a win than a bust man myself ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Given the likely opposition the next day Mayo it's very hard to see Mayo not winning well - It would be a sign of serious decline to put in two performances in a row considering the opposition.

Mayo will face one of the following teams in the qualifiers

Offaly v London,
    Antrim v Limerick,
    Down v Longford,
    Wexford v Fermanagh

Division 1 - Down
    Division 2 - Fermanagh
    Division 3 - Limerick, Offaly, Longford
    Division 4 - Wexford, Antrim, London

Even if it's an away game, I just can't see any side there giving Mayo serios bother and depending on who gets pulled I could see definite potential for a serious hammering being handed out.

I think Fermanagh are probably the toughest there by a bit based on their form and spirit and management but they are still no great shakes - their 7 points loss to Donegal was far less damaging than Down's 19 point humiliation against Monaghan. Throw in the fact that Fermanagh actually won and drew some games in the league whereas Down have lost every single game they have played in league and championship this year.

One possible cause for concern is the form of Cillian O'Connor - he missed all 5 of his shots from play in the Galway game. Following on from the early black card against London, that's 2 poor games in a row by his standards. I think he's too good a player to have 3 poor games in a row so I would be expecting him to really turn in a performance the last day.

I think it will be the round after next really shows where Mayo are at this summer.

• Advertisement

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Given the likely opposition the next day Mayo it's very hard to see Mayo not winning well - It would be a sign of serious decline to put in two performances in a row considering the opposition.

Mayo will face one of the following teams in the qualifiers

Offaly v London,
    Antrim v Limerick,
    Down v Longford,
    Wexford v Fermanagh

Division 1 - Down
    Division 2 - Fermanagh
    Division 3 - Limerick, Offaly, Longford
    Division 4 - Wexford, Antrim, London

Even if it's an away game, I just can't see any side there giving Mayo serios bother and depending on who gets pulled I could see definite potential for a serious hammering being handed out.

I think Fermanagh are probably the toughest there by a bit based on their form and spirit and management but they are still no great shakes - their 7 points loss to Donegal was far less damaging than Down's 19 point humiliation against Monaghan. Throw in the fact that Fermanagh actually won and drew some games in the league whereas Down have lost every single game they have played in league and championship this year.

One possible cause for concern is the form of Cillian O'Connor - he missed all 5 of his shots from play in the Galway game. Following on from the early black card against London, that's 2 poor games in a row by his standards. I think he's too good a player to have 3 poor games in a row so I would be expecting him to really turn in a performance the last day.

I think it will be the round after next really shows where Mayo are at this summer.

Yep Mayo should be steamrolling any team in Rnd 2.

But in Round 3 you will possibly meet one of Cork, Monaghan, Donegal, Westmeath, Kildare.

The performance against which ever one of these they get will be interesting.

And then in Round 4, if you make it, you get Ulster loser or Leinster loser.
    Leinster loser should not cause a problem, but Ulster loser may.

Personally I hoping for away to Limerick in Rnd 2, handy trip from here in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yep Mayo should be steamrolling any team in Rnd 2.

But in Round 3 you will possibly meet one of Cork, Monaghan, Donegal, Westmeath, Kildare.

The performance against which ever one of these they get will be interesting.

And then in Round 4, if you make it, you get Ulster loser or Leinster loser.
    Leinster loser should not cause a problem, but Ulster loser may.

Personally I hoping for away to Limerick in Rnd 2, handy trip from here in Kerry.

Ah no more trips down to Limerick;) Agree with the consensus that it is likely to be a few rounds before we meet the sort of opposition that will give us an indication of where we're at this summer.

Father Tod it's great that we've got you around to outline the possible matchups/permutations that I'm too lazy to work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Qualifier results today

• Offally
    • Limerick
    • Longford
    • Wexford/Fermanagh (1-05 to 0-08 28min)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Qualifier results today

• Offally
    • Limerick
    • Longford
    • Fermanagh
    Draw to be made on Monday mrning on Radio 1 after 8.30 news.

Fermanagh away is the only one of those that would cause Mayo even the slightest bit of trouble.

Mayo should be cruising into the next round.

If they don't then the rot has well and truly set in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fermanagh away is the only one of those that would cause Mayo even the slightest bit of trouble.

Mayo should be cruising into the next round.

If they don't then the rot has well and truly set in.
    Fermanagh away is the only draw I don't want from a traveling point of view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

km79 wrote: »
    Fermanagh away is the only draw I don't want from a traveling point of view

I'm the opposite! Fermanagh is the one I'd like away!

Are we definately away in our first qualifying round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

statto25 wrote: »
    Are we definately away in our first qualifying round?

I'm nearly certain that the venue will be decided by the draw. Open to correction.

• Advertisement

cocoman wrote: »
    I'm nearly certain that the venue will be decided by the draw. Open to correction.

The GAA website have the winners of today's round on the home side of the fixture. They might just be placeholders though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement