Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Season ticket tickets for match available to print off now, lovely seats in 304 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oldtree wrote: »
    Season ticket tickets for match available to print off now, lovely seats in 304 :D

308 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Out of interest have you a Cairde Maigheo or a GAA card?

I hate you...lol 307 There seems to be absolutely no science or methodology in how they allocate the seating... Totally random.

seligehgit wrote: »

no good to someone like me and many more based around galway
    every year this happens :( could they not even out the 735pm galway train back an hour
    although I could go to and from athlone which would not be too bad actually . may do that

km79 wrote: »
    no good to someone like me and many more based around galway
    every year this happens :( could they not even out the 735pm galway train back an hour
    although I could go to and from athlone which would not be too bad actually . may do that

Sorry to hear that,yeah you mentioned before that even the airport express bus from Galway city is off little use with you living 40km outside same.:(

Is doing an overnighter an option? Depending on the result there may be a decent buzz afterwards.

Sorry to hear that,yeah you mentioned before that even the airport express bus from Galway city is off little use with you living 40km outside same.:(

Is doing an overnighter an option? Depending on the result there may be a decent buzz afterwards.

no I've a young lad with me
    I think the athlone option will do me actually
    won't be able to have a few pints but I've a wedding the day before and hopefully the quarter final the week after :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Will probably do the Maynooth trick this time, very handy as it saves you driving into the city.

Will probably do the Maynooth trick this time, very handy as it saves you driving into the city.

Go on tell me that one
    If I drive to Athlone I may as well keep going !

Go on tell me that one
    If I drive to Athlone I may as well keep going !

Drive to Maynooth train station and park there. Hop on the train, brings you right outside Quinn's bar off Jones road. Trains leave all the time, so you won't be long waiting. Been a couple of years since I traveled that way but plenty of Mayo supporters do it. Handy if you couldn't be bothered with trains/buses.

Drive to Maynooth train station and park there. Hop on the train, brings you right outside Quinn's bar off Jones road. Trains leave all the time, so you won't be long waiting. Been a couple of years since I traveled that way but plenty of Mayo supporters do it. Handy if you couldn't be bothered with trains/buses.

That sounds IDEAL thanks

That sounds IDEAL thanks

Just remember there is a very small carpark at the station in Maynooth but if you drive past the station and take the left into the town and then the next left, there is a carpark at the end of that road. It's a 10er for the day I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

statto25 wrote: »

I got 306 with cairde maigheo ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Just remember there is a very small carpark at the station in Maynooth but if you drive past the station and take the left into the town and then the next left, there is a carpark at the end of that road. It's a 10er for the day I think.

Thers a hotel around there as well I've dumped the car in there car park or outside some one gaf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

naughto wrote: »
    Thers a hotel around there as well I've dumped the car in there car park or outside some one gaf

When I went there last year, there were security people at the entrance to that car park:mad:

naughto wrote: »

Glenroyal hotel??That's quite close to the train station but it is pay and display...beware of the clampers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

If you go a bit further up the motorway there's a big carpark at Louisa Bridge station (Leixlip). Think it's €3 or €4 for the day.

cocoman wrote: »
    If you go a bit further up the motorway there's a big carpark at Louisa Bridge station (Leixlip). Think it's €3 or €4 for the day.

Can I get the train from there then as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Shhh!!! :D I use that one meself, €4 for the day.

mayo.mick wrote: »

I'll go there so :D
    How much is the train in then roughly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

The Gaa 60% card :D

The Gaa 60% card :D

I actually met another GAA ST holder a few mins ago in the same section as yourself. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to where you end up.

I'll go there so :D
    How much is the train in then roughly

I think, €6 for meself and €3 each for the 2 nephews. Mate pays it as I do the driving, think its €18 return for the 4 of us. Handy to get away ahead of the traffic after the match! (Don't get caught out and get off at the wrong Leixlip afterwards! Louisa Bridge is the stop)

I think, €6 for meself and €3 each for the 2 nephews. Mate pays it as I do the driving, think its €18 return for the 4 of us. Handy to get away ahead of the traffic after the match! (Don't get caught out and get off at the wrong Leixlip afterwards! Louisa Bridge is the stop)

thanks I'm going to do that
    seems the handiest job

Can I get the train from there then as well?

Sounds like the right job. Say hello if you see me, I'll be the one wearing the Mayo jersey :D

Sounds like the right job. Say hello if you see me, I'll be the one wearing the Mayo jersey :D

Just a heads up too lads. Don't be tempted not to get a parking tickets (unless you have a consaw in the boot:D ). Ripe ground for the clampers! Last time I was there (Dub match last year I think) there were at least 6 Mayo cars clamped!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I put this in the Season ticket thread also, but now looking unlikely Ill be able to make this game along with 2 more of my family. All seated in that group in 306 row TT. If ye know of anyone looking for 3 tickets let me know.

GONE! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Mod: christinagall4, please read the first post of the thread before posting again, specifically the bit about private life rumours.
    Any more of those posts and it'll be a ban.

• Advertisement

FT Junior All Ireland Semi-Final: Mayo 2-10 Wexford 0-10. Goals by Conor Keane & Sean Gaughan see us through.
    Mayo will now play Kerry GAA in the All Ireland Junior final on Saturday August 6th. Venue & time TBC.

FT Junior All Ireland Semi-Final: Mayo 2-10 Wexford 0-10. Goals by Conor Keane & Sean Gaughan see us through.
    Mayo will now play Kerry GAA in the All Ireland Junior final on Saturday August 6th. Venue & time TBC.

I'm thinking it will be on before the quarter finals that Saturday. Hopefully we do the business next weekend and the juniors get a good support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I'm thinking it will be on before the quarter finals that Saturday. Hopefully we do the business next weekend and the juniors get a good support.

Isnt there a minor game on as well?

All the minor quarters bar one are outside croke park so I don't think there will. Nothing scheduled for that day either so the winners will play in Croker the same day as the senior Semis I would say.

Hopefully the powers that be will see the sense of same.It would be nice to get a measure of revenge for last year but I believe junior football in Kerry is of a much higher standard to that in Mayo.We were outclassed in the final last year.Our man in the kingdom Father Tod might be able to clarify same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Cork vs Donegal minors are playing before their Seniors and then onto ourselves vs Westmeath.

Edit: just seeing that it's the QF weekend that's being discussed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Great win for the lads. Hopefully can get some revenge on Kerry but as said very high level in Kerry.

Just seen there the Mayo masters beat Sligo earlier in Ballymote 1-12 to 0-11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mad to think that one of Galway, Tipperary or Clare will be in the semis of the AI this year. If we beat Westmeath and get Tyrone in the quarters, we're two manageable games away from the final, which is gas after some of the awful performances we've seen since the start of the league.

Don't want to get ahead of myself though, I just thought that was a bit of a funny one. Great chance for Tyrone as well obviously, and they'd rightly be favourites if we played them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Squatman

If you couldnt be bothered with trains and busses heres an idea on how to use both. Lol... jk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Watching the season Roscommon had I turly believe that Mayo dodged a bullet when the players decided that they not want anything to do with a management team that included McHale.

Fair play to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Watching the season Roscommon had I turly believe that Mayo dodged a bullet when the players decided that they not want anything to do with a management team that included McHale.

Fair play to them.

Rossies had a bright start to the year and retaining Div 1 status was a decent achievement. As season went on, their style of play changed and other teams fitness esp in championship asked questions of them.

Ultimately their demise was a tale of two management teams that struggled with a game plan. Whether management stays on to develop the 3 year project remains to be seen. Pity that McStay rates McHale as he is a good manager.

Even with Holmes & Connelly it was never clear who wore the trousers. Not that it matters at this point.

Our season panning out nicely with Rochford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Fair play to them.

I was at the game yesterday for my sins. I was watching McHale standing in the same spot on the sideline. He didn't move or say a word to the players in the whole 2nd half. With 15 to go one of the Rossie backroom team came running up the sideline to him roaring in his face and McHale looked at him as if to say "what the hell am I meant to do" the Roscommon mentor then ran onto the pitch trying to drive the players on while McHale kept standing in the same spot. I really don't know what the hell he is there for.

Squatman wrote: »
    If you couldnt be bothered with trains and busses heres an idea on how to use both. Lol... jk

I saw the irony when I posted that alright :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

yop wrote: »
    Great win for the lads. Hopefully can get some revenge on Kerry but as said very high level in Kerry.

The rules are that no player who played in the final for Kerry last year can play the following year (if they win that is). So essentially it is a totally new Kerry junior team this year.

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    The rules are that no player who played in the final for Kerry last year can play the following year (if they win that is). So essentially it is a totally new Kerry junior team this year.

Ya? Didn't know that. Is that even fair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

yop wrote:

I think its a great system, which enables players who would otherwise never get a look in at Intercounty level a chance to show. It means another 26 players get a chance to prove themselves.

Kerry largely using like a continuation of the u21 team and preparing guys for Senior.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I think its a great system, which enables players who would otherwise never get a look in at Intercounty level a chance to show. It means another 26 players get a chance to prove themselves.

Kerry largely using like a continuation of the u21 team and preparing guys for Senior.

True when u look at it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I won't be able to make it to Dublin on Saturday so have a spare ticket going if anyone wants it.
    It's section 308 Row T in with the Mayo season ticket holders.

PM me if interested.

yop wrote: »

You need'nt worry Yop they'll still be pretty handy.:)Irrespective of the turnover I firmly believe based on last year(the chasm was vast) Kerry junior football is of a higher standard to that of Mayo junior football.Hope I'm wrong.

The Kerry lads love beating us in finals whither at club or inter county grades of varying levels.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement