Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Mayo News reporting that Keane may still not be fit for Saturday.

With Coen or Vaughan deputising at full back.

If he is out hopefully they can get past Westmeath without a proper full back and hope he is ready for the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

If he is out hopefully they can get past Westmeath without a proper full back and hope he is ready for the next week.

I believe it was reporting he was the only major doubt.....

I'd be pretty concerned with either of the lads mentioned deputising at full back.We really are down to the bare bones in terms of the full back line and no likely return of Keith Higgins to said line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

I think it'll be touch and go with Keane up until Friday probably. I'd be surprised if he plays, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Westmeath will be licking their lips at the thought of pumping ball in on top of Heslin being marked by a novice full-back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

The August bank holiday is traditionally very quiet in Dublin,these roadworks will ensure extra travel time for all travelling up to Croker and the Aviva.

It was mentioned on the six one news that short hop DART and RAIL with park and ride facilities would be free to encourage the use of public transport.I'm presuming this isn't applicable to Maynooth station:pac: hardly short hop in to Drumcondra station... Nice try.. LOL.I suppose it depends on what one's definition of short hop is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

seligehgit wrote:
    The August bank holiday is traditionally very quiet in Dublin,these roadworks will ensure extra travel time for all travelling up to Croker and the Aviva.

That's because half a billion of our population go home for the weekend ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Oldtree wrote: »

I wouldn't go near town if you're driving up. Going around the M50 and down Drumcondra road is the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

senior, intermediate and junior clubs made it to the holy grail. Our juniors make it to the grail. will the seniors???
    realistically could any junior player or intermediate have a claim on the senior team? I know I know different codes etc, but i also remember the A and b divisions and some b division teams could give the A teams a good pasting.
    North south east west divisions. jesus having to go to knockmore or crossmolina or lahadarne or parke or ballyhaunis and coming away with a win was hard.

fook it i miss playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Iam not saying it's a good thing but kkeane is not a full back he has no football brain nor the pace and if he doesn't win the ball first time his marker will have a field day

• Advertisement

Is the team announced this evening or is it tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

naughto wrote: »
    Is the team announced this evening or is it tomorrow

Its been a Friday the last few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Only Hogan stand tickets are available on tickets.ie . Is the Cusack not being opened? I want to buy 3 tickets and get the Cusack Stand OAP rebate for 2.

Only Hogan stand tickets are available on tickets.ie . Is the Cusack not being opened? I want to buy 3 tickets and get the Cusack Stand OAP rebate for 2.

I'd say so with it being a double header

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

For this Saturday is it ?
    All season ticket holders are in lower cuasck so it's defo opened but lower deck may be sold out

Thanks. I might just buy 3 for the Hogan, just to be safe.

Cusack stand tickets went up, got 3. :)

Looking at the fixtures if and when we beat Westmeath we play Tyrone on the sat the 6 at 4oclock and the dubs play on the same day at 6. It will be hard get a ticket if u don't have a season one for that game. The hurling semifinal is on the Sunday the 7 th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Looking at the fixtures if and when we beat Westmeath we play Tyrone on the sat the 6 at 4oclock and the dubs play on the same day at 6. It will be hard get a ticket if u don't have a season one for that game. The hurling semifinal is on the Sunday the 7 th

Potentially Mayo, Tyrone, Dublin; Donegal all on the same day could be a sell out. There was 58,000 last year for QF's involving Dublin, Fermanagh, Kerry; Kildare.
    I wonder will tickets go on general sale straight after Mayo Westmeath game?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

cocoman wrote: »
    Potentially Mayo, Tyrone, Dublin; Donegal all on the same day could be a sell out. There was 58,000 last year for QF's involving Dublin, Fermanagh, Kerry; Kildare.
    I wonder will tickets go on general sale straight after Mayo Westmeath game?

You can buy tickets online already for the semi final...... :rolleyes:
    So those teams in the semis will snap up tickets already.

https://secure.tickets.ie/Listing/EventInformation/30405/gaa-football-all-ireland-championship-semi-final-2016-croke-park-21-August-2016

cocoman wrote:
    Potentially Mayo, Tyrone, Dublin; Donegal all on the same day could be a sell out. There was 58,000 last year for QF's involving Dublin, Fermanagh, Kerry; Kildare. I wonder will tickets go on general sale straight after Mayo Westmeath game?

Mayo Dublin and Tyrone season ticket holders prepare for a shaft!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Stoner wrote: »
    Mayo Dublin and Tyrone season ticket holders prepare for a shaft!!

Prepare for plenty of queries,such as

Section 301 row b ,are these good seats?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

gigantic09 wrote: »
    Prepare for plenty of queries,such as

Section 301 row b ,are these good seats?.

This forum is crying out for a Croke Park tickets thread to be stickied.

Mods.....hint....hint....hint....

(Imagine the craic, when yer man Gareth Crooks & yer woman Edel, open up de new Pairc ! :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

ProudDUB wrote: »
    This forum is crying out for a Croke Park tickets thread to be stickied.

Mods.....hint....hint....hint....

(Imagine the craic, when yer man Gareth Crooks & yer woman Edel, open up de new Pairc ! :D )

10 nights in a row I hear :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

No changes from the team that started against Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Unchanged team named about an hour ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Will the second qf be going on general sale then?

Quite enough around here for the day before a match.

Probably the two week break, the expectations of a win, the bank holiday etc.

No doubt it will be all go this time tomorrow if they when and their opponents are confirmed fo the following week.

Just on the team, Vaughan again in the middle, hopefully that works out.

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Will the second qf be going on general sale then?

Yep, shortly after the match ups are confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Yep, shortly after the match ups are confirmed.

Article in Times 3 days ago says a spokesman .... but its not in quotes ":D"
    If Cork and Mayo win their Round 4B qualifiers, there will be a draw about half an hour after full-time - most likely on RTE Radio One - and tickets will be on sale by nine o’clock on Saturday night. Otherwise, since Donegal can’t meet Tyrone and Westmeath can’t meet Dublin, tickets for the quarter-finals will go on sale at full-time in the second game.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/dublin-v-donegal-tyrone-v-mayo-potential-double-header-may-cause-ticket-scramble-1.2735140

I can't wait ;) only one sleep to go

• Advertisement

Tickets sorted lads. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Hopefully its not a repeat of the last(only) time we met in the championship 2001.It was the first year of the qualifiers.Galway beat us in connacht that year as well.The game went to extra time,where we lost by a point 1-14 0-16 and featured a young Dessie Dolan.

Time to put some respectability on our atrocious qualifier record.

Maigheo Abu.

Stoner wrote: »
    Tickets sorted lads. Looking forward to it.

Might see you in Croker on Sunday as well!;)

gigantic09 wrote: »
    Hopefully its not a repeat of the last(only) time we met in the championship 2001.It was the first year of the qualifiers.Galway beat us in connacht that year as well.The game went to extra time,where we lost by a point 1-14 0-16 and featured a young Dessie Dolan.

Time to put some respectability on our atrocious qualifier record.

Maigheo Abu.
    Some difference between the team then and now you would nearly forget there still a mature must remind myself that later when Iam roaring at keane for dropping the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Anyone got a link to live stream the match....have a wedding today and meal at same time and not been shown at hotel. It's a disaster. Have never missed a mayo game ...help.

eastmayo wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to live stream the match....have a wedding today and meal at same time and not been shown at hotel. It's a disaster. Have never missed a mayo game ...help.
    Do u have an android phone ? Or tablet

Do u have an android phone ? Or tablet

Android

Android

Mobdro

Modbro

OK will check that out Thanks. Do ya have 2 download app

OK will check that out Thanks. Do ya have 2 download app

Ya you do.

• Advertisement

Due to luas works there is free parking at Maynooth and leixlip today and at the park and ride at the red cow !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

km79 wrote: »
    Due to luas works there is free parking at Maynooth and leixlip today and at the park and ride at the red cow !

Don't any of ye be taking my parking spot in Leixlip now!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Are we most likely to play Dublin in the QF, if we win today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Are we most likely to play Dublin in the QF, if we win today?

Not necessarily. I think the result of the Cork v Donegal matters too, as Tyrone & Donegal can't play each other in the quarter finals.

Cohen for full back today iam hearing

Last parking spot gone in leixlip lads :D

Ah yes, that's true. I just took a look at the odds and it's probably about a 90% chance of Tyrone should we overcome Westmeath.

Ah yes, that's true. I just took a look at the odds and it's probably about a 90% chance of Tyrone should we overcome Westmeath.

News on koc not sure if good or bad yet

• Advertisement

News on koc not sure if good or bad yet

What ????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement