Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Diarmuid is out for today, confirmed during the Donegal match on Sky. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Diarmuid o Connor misses out with a dead leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

seanhynes wrote:
    Diarmuid o Connor misses out with a dead leg

Confirmed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

No Diarmuid O Connor! In trouble boys!

On a happier note, with the result of the qualifier just now, if we beat Westmeath today we'll definitely be playing Tyrone in the quarters and into the softer side of the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Confirmed?
    According to sky he's out, who'll come in ,Doherty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Settle down you. There hasn't been a ball kicked yet and youre on the prowl.

Usual mayo story. Incapable of putting the ball over the bar!!

Yeah seems we prefer to put them into the net. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

What's the story with Diarmuid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

PressRun wrote: »
    What's the story with Diarmuid?

Dead leg, according to the commentator before the game.

Making hard work of it a la Mayo. Wait till we meet the big boys.. If we hang on today.

Two points since half time. Shocking stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

We are brutal this 2nd half. Absolutely brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

This is a nightmare.

No trolling but I'd nearly rather go out today. Tyrone will tear us asunder. Playing well for 15 minutes won't save us.

No trolling but I'd nearly rather go out today. Tyrone will tear us asunder. Playing well for 15 minutes won't save us.
    Or can ye imagine what the Dubs would do to us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Anyone know when tickets for the qf are up online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Now you're quoting yourself? God man give it a break will ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Well that wasn't great but does it make any odds? Tyrone game hardly going to follow that pattern...

• Advertisement

Well that wasn't great but does it make any odds? Tyrone game hardly going to follow that pattern...
    Been saying that all season!

Car crash TV awaits next weekend

The last rites will be read before half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Anyone know when tickets for the qf are up online?

9am tomorrow I hear but not sure.
    Nothing up yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Championship starts next weekend, may also end too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Doc back next week

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Championship starts next weekend, may also end too.

Yip. Apparently there's widespread depression in Mick Byrnes pub in Castlebar at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

cocoman wrote: »
    9am tomorrow I hear but not sure.
    Nothing up yet anyway.

9am tomorrow, was announced over the speakers in Croker.

naughto wrote: »
    Doc back next week

He probably deserves to keep his place.
    Evan Regan would be the one most vulnerable to lose outI feel.
    He really didn't show enough today against what is essentially a division four outfit now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

padd b1975 wrote: »
    He probably deserves to keep his place.
    Evan Regan would be the one most vulnerable to lose outI feel.
    He really didn't show enough today against what is essentially a division four outfit now.

Diarmuid or Jason?:confused:

Diarmuid or Jason?:confused:

Sorry, Jason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Think yis are being too harsh lads. This team have a proven record of producing in the latter stages of the championship. I wouldn't be quick to discard that.

Also, Tyrone haven't answered any questions yet when it comes to playing the big boys. They mentally didn't have it last year against Kerry. They still have to prove thats changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Terrible display by Mayo,from a neutral's point of view

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The last rites will be read before half time.
    Car crash TV awaits next weekend
    Car crash TV. Getting pumped at home by Fermanagh!!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100302148&postcount=3093

Making hard work of it a la Mayo. Wait till we meet the big boys.. If we hang on today.
    Two points since half time. Shocking stuff

Your not a Mayo fan, looking at all your posts I'd say your just trolling it.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=138107&forum=269&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

corny wrote: »
    Think yis are being too harsh lads. This team have a proven record of producing in the latter stages of the championship. I wouldn't be quick to discard that.

Also, Tyrone haven't answered any questions yet when it comes to playing the big boys. They mentally didn't have it last year against Kerry. They still have to prove thats changed.

They wont have to answer them next week either as there are not playing one of the "big boys".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

wazzer1 wrote: »
    They wont have to answer them next week either as there are not playing one of the "big boys".

5th quarter final in a row, going for a 5th semi final in a row, 5 Connacht titles in 6 years and in Division 1 for 19 years. Think that qualifies as a "big boy" you fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

JOB DONE ! That's it . I have no worries that they will be switched on full!y next Saturday. Back where they want to be. Today was flat for everyone . It was just a game to get over and done with. End of story.
    Hopefully Keegan's not injured and Diarmuid is back.
    I thought Cillian looked MUCH fitter today but still oddly short of confidence . Midfield was better. and as much as I have been against it the extra games have helped the Mcloughlin/Higgins switch. Thought Higgins looked more comfortable today!
    And a word for 2 stalwarts who have come to the fore.......Andy Moran first. He has given us a focal point and leadership in the forward line .
    And Donie Vaughan ! He has taken a lot of unwarranted stick in my opinion the past few years. He kept his head down and has come back in and been excellent in my opinion . He makes brilliant energetic runs that we have lacked all year. Doesnt always gets the ball but makes space.
    I think his "unorthodox " running style makes him a bit of an easy target for some "Championship " fans but I'm delighted to see him back doing his bit for the team. Even if he doesn't start he will provide a massive option off the bench.
    And speaking of the bench........I think that's what will beat Tyrone for us !
    And I believe we will win it
    UP MAYO

Rawhead wrote: »
    5th quarter final in a row, going for a 5th semi final in a row, 5 Connacht titles in 6 years and in Division 1 for 19 years. Think that qualifies as a "big boy" you fool.

Big boys win All Irelands lad. Dont talk about winning them..Whos the fool?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Tyrone have won 3 All Ireland's since 2003... they're hardly the minnows of gaelic football..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

corny wrote: »

Tyrone didn't have forwards last year. Not did they seem to believe that they could open Kerry up so easily.

Mayo's second half today was worrying.

As someone else said here this evening, all well and good taking your foot off the gas, but you have to know when and how to out it back on. It's hard to know if WH weren't so wasteful would Mayo have been as lackadaisical.

• Advertisement

Call me Al wrote: »
    Tyrone have won 3 All Ireland's since 2003... they're hardly the minnows of gaelic football..

I was replying above, read away there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Call me Al wrote: »

I think you may have misconstrued him,he was implying Mayo were not one of the big boys.

I am afraid I think we will reach the end of the road next Saturday.I will as always be there to support the lads and keep the faith but the form guide is only pointing in one direction.Our second half performance was pretty shocking.

We were coasting at 2-10 to 0-4 and seemed to take the foot of the pedal for the remainder of the contest irrespective of the spurned goal chances and shots of the posts.The usual collective switching off.

Diarmuid O Connor was sorely missed,I can't understand why Tom Parsons failed to start and was introduced with a three minutes to go? Barry Moran and Conor O Shea made big impacts.

It was mentioned to me that the team are not worried about killing teams off whence the game is over as a contest.That sort of mentality worries me greatly.Today it damn near cost us the game.Too many key players off colour including Cillian O Connor,Aidan O Shea was pretty anonymous today.

A Mayo team of the past in it's full pomp and glory,I'd be confident of beating Tyrone.The current version,I'd be very pessimistic.We've a decent record against Tyrone,the lads are well capable of winning this contest but the question remains do they want it enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 livelife

There is a big game left in Mayo yet. Even if we had lost today, it would be bitterly disappointing but we'd come back again next year and support our team. It's great to be still in it! COME ON MAYO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I think he's handy. Thought Vaughan was very mobile and helped the attack better than Parsons has. It was good to see him get some time though, he's valuable. If everyone was fit I think SOS, B Moran and Parsons are the midfield, Vaughan into the half-forward line for me all imo being an outsider and all. That was a nice starting forward line today though, a bit of balance to it.
    AOS wasn't very productive IMO. Great work on the turn over to set up his goal though.
    I thought Keane looked shaky at 3 but he was marking one of the best.
    Thought keegan was quiet too. It was a funny game. For 60 minutes I thought Mayo had another gear to go up, but for the last 10 minutes I thought they'd forgotten how to shift into it.
    One question for me would be should you start Andy Moran or not. He was great in the first half imo strong, fast hands and mind, then faded out. Twenty minutes to go and it was crying out for an impact sub. Dillon didn't cut it for me , Andy gives a great lift and can make a goal and score a couple of points in the dying 10 minutes. He might be the Mayo Kevin McManamon.
    I think I'd hold onto him for the last 20 minutes that's typically 26 minutes these days and plenty of time to get the most out if him and the momentum he brings .

I know Mayo didn't rock the GAA world today, but I'd expect that maybe that was Keegan and AOSs bad game out of the way. B Moran must be pushing to start and Andy looks set to continue his best form in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

seligehgit wrote: »
    I think you may have misconstrued him,he was implying Mayo were not one of the big boys.

I am afraid I think we will reach the end of the road next Saturday.I will as always be there to support the lads and keep the faith but the form guide is only pointing in one direction.Our second half performance was pretty shocking.

We were coasting at 2-10 to 0-4 and seemed to take the foot of the pedal for the remainder of the contest irrespective of the spurned goal chances and shots of the posts.The usual collective switching off.

Diarmuid O Connor was sorely missed,I can't understand why Tom Parsons failed to start and was introduced with a three minutes to go? Barry Moran and Conor O Shea made big impacts.

It was mentioned to me that the team are not worried about killing teams off whence the game is over as a contest.That sort of mentality worries me greatly.Today it damn near cost us the game.Too many key players off colour including Cillian O Connor,Aidan O Shea was pretty anonymous today.

A Mayo team of the past in it's full pomp and glory,I'd be confident of beating Tyrone.The current version,I'd be very pessimistic.We've a decent record against Tyrone,the lads are well capable of winning this contest but the question remains do they want it enough?

Didn't o'connor score 3 points from play? Thought yesterday was one of his better displays this year so perhaps a tad harsh to say he was off colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

All this talk of getting their bad game out of them, taking the foot off the gas, a win is a win, being where they need to be etc etc is worrying.

Hopefully all the above is true, but it rarely is.

No problem with them going in as underdogs v Tyrone, they are the most over rated team in the country, not saying that there not good, but they have much to.prove yet.

Even though I did not see the game I listened to it and they said that Westmeath went man to man in the 2nd half.

So if Mayo struggled with man to man they can take some solace in the knowledge that Tyrone are possibly the last team that will go man to man with anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

seligehgit wrote:

One thing seligehgit you wont be 12 points up against Tyrone like that so I wouldn't worry about collectively switching off at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Huge queue on tickets.ie. 20-30 mins.
    Some sections sold out already.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

I waited a whole hour in the queue for tickets all that was left was tickets for the stand...waste of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭cjmc11

Showing only tickets left are nally and hill, anyone think there will be another release of tickets later on this week and that their just tryin to sell the poorer tickers first?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement