Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Slightly off thread but.... Something for the weekend sir?

Its a spot the (eye) ball competition with a big hint of Mayo :D Wait for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Positives on Saturday for me were:

-Tom Parsons and Chris Barrett getting some game time.
    -Barry Moran winning ball when introduced.
    -Andy Moran having another good game.
    -Cillian looked a lot sharper, missed some frees you'd expect him to nail though.
    -Diarmuid still has to come back into the side.
    -Donal Vaughan made some great runs and seems to have a bit of confidence back.
    - Conor O'Shea looked good when brought in.
    -Harrison had a decent game.

That's three wins on the bounce with lots to improve on. I feel there's at least one complete 70 minute performance in us this year. I'm hoping we have a few gears to go through yet because we haven't had to go full throttle yet (bar Galway).

I'd gladly win ugly against Tyrone with more questions to be asked, make no mistake though, we're in for a dogfight on Saturday. Come through that and we're in an All-Ireland Semi Final against Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Half Time All Ireland Minor Quarter Final: Mayo 2-02 Kildare 1-04. Goals from Ryan O'Donoghue and Paul Lambert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Minor game is on kildare local radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

seligehgit wrote: »
    There is only updates of the minor match on MWR.

????
    I'm listening to commentary here in Achill

Full Time All Ireland Minor Quarter Final: Mayo 2-08 Kildare 2-14

Full Time All Ireland Minor Quarter Final: Mayo 2-08 Kildare 2-14

Kildare took control early in the second half and never looked back.
    An average enough year at this level once again it has to be said.

AUDIO Football Podcast #10 Mayo v Tyrone preview

Host Rob Murphy is joined by Sky Sports analyst Paul Earley, John Gunnigan of the Mayo GAA Blog, Michael Foley of The Sunday Times and Mike Finnerty, Daniel Carey and Edwin McGreal of The Mayo News to reflect on Mayo’s win over Westmeath and look ahead to the All-Ireland quarter-final against Tyrone.

http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/listen/football-podcast/28262-audio-football-podcast-10-mayo-v-tyrone-preview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

section 303 row X for us the next day
    similar seats to the last day but on the Hill side this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

So apparently there's a good chance Diarmuid will be back for the Tyrone match, which is good news even though he'll be targeted the next day. Fully expect Kevin Keane and Kevin McLaughlin will be too. Think we'll need to get out the gates early in this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

302 row F - fairly bad seat in fairness, low down & down towards the hill end.
    Was in there before a few years ago and it's not a great perspective on the game.
    At least I have a ticket I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭RD10

km79 wrote: »
    section 303 row X for us the next day
    similar seats to the last day but on the Hill side this time

Was in cusack section 303. Row bb, last weekend. Very good seats. prefer to be just a little higher up to look down on whole pitch but cant complain. Still an excellent view.

Can't believe it's only Tuesday im BUZZING for Saturday . I think a LOT of people inside and outside the county will be eating humble pie
    " To never have considered losing as if to win is by our choosing "
    That's how we should all be feeling as I'm sure the players are. They will not be fearing Tyrone.
    UP MAYO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I was getting myself down thinking about how we are being wrote off.. But then I remembered Tyrone in 2004, Dublin in 2006, Cork in 2011, Dublin in 2012.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Very strong rumours that DOC was fit for the Westmeath game but was "rested". Its a dodgy way to go about things by Rochford if true but he got away with it. You have to think these players have a big game in them, they have the experience and I expect them to put in a good 70 mins for the first time this summer.

ultrapercy wrote: »
    Very strong rumours that DOC was fit for the Westmeath game but was "rested". Its a dodgy way to go about things by Rochford if true but he got away with it. You have to think these players have a big game in them, they have the experience and I expect them to put in a good 70 mins for the first time this summer.
    The more I see of Rochford on the line the more o like him
    One MAJOR fault of Horan was he was slow to make a change or try something different . Same can not be said of Rochford.
    Who knows what he has up his sleeve for Saturday ......

303 and slightly higher up than the last day, no complaints here.

Have to agree, that there seems to be a bit more reactive flexibility.
    Really excited now, 4 more sleeps :D

Attendance not up yet for last saturday???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Oldtree wrote: »
    303 and slightly higher up than the last day, no complaints here.

Have to agree, that there seems to be a bit more reactive flexibility.
    Really excited now, 4 more sleeps :D

Attendance not up yet for last saturday???

Usually updated as soon as your're scanned in Croke Park. 308 for our group of 10 this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Usually updated as soon as your're scanned in Croke Park. 308 for our group of 10 this time

308 for us as well 6 of us

• Advertisement

Is that immediately you're scanned? If so will have to check it on the phone as soon as we get in for the next match. Not the first time this year our attendance has been "lost" with no recourse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

ultrapercy wrote: »

Could be interpreted as dodgy or it could be interpreted as him having faith in the rest of the players to get the job done themselves. As great as Diarmuid is, we shouldn't be relying on him in every single match and there is now a bigger game on the horizon where we'll need all our best players firing on all cylinders, so I'm glad there's a good chance he'll be fit for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I was getting myself down thinking about how we are being wrote off.. But then I remembered Tyrone in 2004, Dublin in 2006, Cork in 2011, Dublin in 2012.....

I still can't muster up any real level of hope / confidence.... and I'm actually starting to enjoy it. Keep disappointing me with 3 more iffy wins lads.

Usually updated as soon as your're scanned in Croke Park.

Up now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

303 HH for our two, that's fine, high enough up in the lower tier to get a good view.

We've actually used the opt out on one of our three tickets this week, so that will be one to go back on sale later in the week anyway. I'm sure there will be a few more like that across the four counties, a lot of people away in early August.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

Anyone with a spare ticket or 2

• Advertisement

304 TT central but quite far back.

It's annoying that all the mayo season ticket holders are here there and everywhere
    Hard to get anything going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

seligehgit wrote:

Snap :D

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Snap :D

We'll be talking again on Saturday!Say hello to your Dad!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

It's annoying that all the mayo season ticket holders are here there and everywhere
    Hard to get anything going

True, it would be nice to have our own section like the Dubs have the hill. We'll be in early though, the lads won't lack support Saturday!

• Advertisement

True, it would be nice to have our own section like the Dubs have the hill. We'll be in early though, the lads won't lack support Saturday!

Don't forget the junior final!😉

The lads over on the Dublin thread have gladdened my heart,of course we're well out of harm's way in relation to any rain threat.I believe the forecast is good for Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The lads over on the Dublin thread have gladdened my heart,of course we're well out of harm's way in relation to any rain threat.I believe the forecast is good for Saturday.

Sure it's our home ground. Know it like the back of our hands.

Re rain: From T back you could be safe. But for definite you want to be in Double letters (AA-WW)

I'm in 305RR mesmelf.

I was in J for the AIF last year. Awful stuff. And I was in B for the first SF against ye. Worse again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

304 TT.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 livelife

Would it be worth joining a club in Mayo? There is are many options such as adult (non-playing) which I presume means not playing for the club. What are the benefits of joining? I would like to join a club in Mayo but do not live in Mayo.

Maybe club members could advise. I would like to join a Mayo club as opposed to my local. Fees are 50 - 70 euro

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Sure it's our home ground. Know it like the back of our hands.

Re rain: From T back you could be safe. But for definite you want to be in Double letters (AA-WW)

I'm in 305RR mesmelf.

I was in J for the AIF last year. Awful stuff. And I was in B for the first SF against ye. Worse again.

I was in the Lower Hogan for the downpour game between Galway and Kerry in 2008 and was sitting in row T. Those in R were getting wet, S was borderline and in T I just about escaped the worst of it and remained reasonably dry until afterwards. So you're pretty much spot on.

If you're in a grey coloured seat, you're pretty much guaranteed to get wet if it rains.

aidan24326 wrote: »
    I was in the Lower Hogan for the downpour game between Galway and Kerry in 2008 and was sitting in row T. Those in R were getting wet, S was borderline and in T I just about escaped the worst of it and remained reasonably dry until afterwards. So you're pretty much spot on.

The Hogan roof is actually longer so the shelter is better than the Cusack. In the Cusack back to the double letters is borderline.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

How many Mayo games have been on RTE this year as opposed to Sky? Feels like Mayo people have been hard hit this year from what I remember as I only recall Fermanagh being on rte.

jjdonegal wrote: »
    How many Mayo games have been on RTE this year as opposed to Sky? Feels like Mayo people have been hard hit this year from what I remember as I only recall Fermanagh being on rte.

Don't know cos I was at them all BUT I'd much rather watch a game on sky anymore. Same auld tired cliches out of rte every single game . No analysis just soundbites. And rounding on whichever player is the wrong flavor of the month ! You would have assumed Sky would have shaken RTE out of their comfort zone and got them to up their game a little ..........same auld faces saying the same auld ****e
    I find Dessie Dolan on the Sunday Game excellent though . He is not long gone from playing but more importantly he seems to be completely impartial and has NO AGENDAS. Why can't they put him on the Live panel instead of either Spillane or Brolly? Aaron Kernans analysis also good. Or own Billy Joe padden worth a shot too

• Advertisement

Is the 9.50 a special train cos thers only a few carriages on it I thought there would be more

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Don't know cos I was at them all BUT I'd much rather watch a game on sky anymore. Same auld tired cliches out of rte every single game . No analysis just soundbites. And rounding on whichever player is the wrong flavor of the month ! You would have assumed Sky would have shaken RTE out of their comfort zone and got them to up their game a little ..........same auld faces saying the same auld ****e
    I find Dessie Dolan on the Sunday Game excellent though . He is not long gone from playing but more importantly he seems to be completely impartial and has NO AGENDAS. Why can't they put him on the Live panel instead of either Spillane or Brolly? Aaron Kernans analysis also good. Or own Billy Joe padden worth a shot too

100% agree. Huge supporter of Sky punditry myself and am absolutely sick of RTE. Tomas; Dessie; Whelan are excellent imo but the others are just plain useless.
    Just feel a bit sorry for those who cannot travel and have no Sky etc - I'm sure the analysis is the least of their worries as they just wanna see the game.

more tickets on sale at 11am

For the match or Train?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,366 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

For the match. Queue system in place again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

You absolute beauty,... Saw your post at 5 to 11 so hopped on to gaa.ie and managed to get 2 tickets for the Hill. Will probably be able to swap them for lower hogan to some Dub on the day.

Thanks a lot, since I forgot to renew my season ticket this year, this is the first time that I started to panic about not being able to get to a match! :):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭cjmc11

Fair play to ya, just saw this at 10.50 went straight onto the website and kept refreshing page until it came up, got 3 for the upper Hogan, section 734, anyone know where that is?, don't really care, as long as I'm not in the terrace I don't mind.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Just got 2 Hogan tickets.

Only Nally left it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭cjmc11

Just had a look there at croke park seating plan, section 734 is 3 sections away from the hill end, was closer to the hill end on the upper Hogan at the 1st semi final last year and thought the seats were good, these should be even better. Glad to have them sorted now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement