Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭squiredanaher

am i right in thinking all the decent sections in the lwr cusack are well gone? and were gone before yesterdays match? if that's the case will be mostly taken by tipp.
    or how the hell do tickets.ie release the tickets for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Congrats lads and good luck for the semi and likely final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

am i right in thinking all the decent sections in the lwr cusack are well gone? and were gone before yesterdays match? if that's the case will be mostly taken by tipp.
    or how the hell do tickets.ie release the tickets for sale.

Good spots in the lower Cusack are reserved for season tickets so they would not go on general sale anyway

Good spots in the lower Cusack are reserved for season tickets so they would not go on general sale anyway

Even from yesterday match time there was nothing for sale between section 301 &311. Dont know how many season tck holders there are but surely no more than 1 or 2, or3 sections? Im just wondering wee the rest bought by tipp supporters who knew they were playing, or optimistic mayo supporters who took a chance before tyrone game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I've been checking online and the only tickets on tickets.ie are in the far corners. 336, 301, 315, 327.
    What about all the sections' tickets in between?
    Does anyone know if the team will be in McHale park on Tuesday evening?
    I can't find any information obutn it but we were told that they would be. My eldest is mad to get his jersey signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Call me Al wrote: »
    I've been checking online and the only tickets on tickets.ie are in the far corners. 336, 301, 315, 327.
    I can't find any information obutn it but we were told that they would be. My eldest is mad to get his jersey signed.

They'll go to the counties playing I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Call me Al wrote: »

Didn't hear anything about the team's presence in McHale park tomorrow night?If you hear anything you might PM me as I'd pop up for a look myself.

Good god I'm not sure if it's 2,000 or 4,000 Mayo season ticket holders.MayoClub51 might be able to clear up same.

David Brady on OTB talking some sense,Zippy back to his correct position on Saturday and as usual he excelled.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Didn't hear anything about the team's presence in McHale park tomorrow night?If you hear anything you might PM me as I'd pop up for a look myself.

Good god I'm not sure if it's 2,000 or 4,000 Mayo season ticket holders.MayoClub51 might be able to clear up same.

David Brady on OTB talking some sense,Zippy back to his correct position on Saturday and as usual he excelled.

I listened to Brady on the Mayo news podcast.

He made a point that Mayo should have pushed up on Tyrones kickouts in the second half when they had got a foothold, and should also have gone long themselves.

I agree with him, twice in the second half Mayo went down the middle and got lovely scores from going down the middle, and SOS made some fine catches from kickouts.
    Had then does that a bit more the margin may have been greater.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Great to win. Economical and not pretty. Tactically superior and should have won by a lot more. Still progressing in all departments. Heart attack last 5 minutes and we have lost from mickying around like that trying to run down clock before.
    We're winning, dirty and getting a job done. Wether we win by 10 or 1 against Tipp I don't care, get the win end of and progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Was surprised myself they didn't push up in the 2nd have as they where weak in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

yop wrote: »
    Heart Harte attack last 5 minutes
    surely:P

Anyway more importantly, who's gonna be doing the Mayo cameos in this Donegal 2012 movie? George Clooney as James Horan? James Corden as Aidan O'Shea?

seems like no concessions(€5 tckts) for u16 for upper cusack
    this is a change?
    i see the hurling semi final the upper cusack is still only 5€ u16 ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Brusna

seems like no concessions(€5 tckts) for u16 for upper cusack
    this is a change?
    i see the hurling semi final the upper cusack is still only 5€ u16 ?????

I don't think the upper stands will be open in our semi final. The Tipp footballers don't get big crowds. I'd expect a crowd of about 40K in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Thoughts on the Tip game.

I think that Mayo are the worst team for Tip to have ended up with from a strengths and weaknesses point of view. I could see Mayo wiping them out at midfield if Barry Moran and SOS start there. Might be another Sligo with AOS at 14.
    It would be good to get a look a Mayo with everyone back and on form. Looking forward to it as there's the element of a surprise there if Mayo play below themselves and things go Tips way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Brusna wrote: »
    I don't think the upper stands will be open in our semi final. The Tipp footballers don't get big crowds. I'd expect a crowd of about 40K in total.

Tickets already on sale for upper cusack

• Advertisement

yes and no €5 tickets (u16's) for upper cusack....fekkers
    previous matches- the upper cusack had this option
    as does the hurling semis.

I'm surprised they're opening the upper tiers of the three stands.I would be expecting at most 35,000 people to attend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

yes and no €5 tickets (u16's) for upper cusack....fekkers
    previous matches- the upper cusack had this option
    as does the hurling semis.

€5 tickets available now for Upper Cusack.

cocoman wrote: »
    €5 tickets available now for Upper Cusack.

thanks. they've changed it so. :-}

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Got tickets today for myself & my dad in the Lower Hogan.

First time in Croker since we beat Fermanagh back 2007 (?) so looking forward to it.

Exiled in Limerick with 2 young kids so not getting to games much these days....but I'll be dragging them up to Hyde Park, Markievicz Park etc. in the years to come. There's no way they're growing up as flipping Limerick fans :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Stoner wrote: »
    Thoughts on the Tip game.

I think that Mayo are the worst team for Tip to have ended up with from a strengths and weaknesses point of view. I could see Mayo wiping them out at midfield if Barry Moran and SOS start there. Might be another Sligo with AOS at 14.
    It would be good to get a look a Mayo with everyone back and on form. Looking forward to it as there's the element of a surprise there if Mayo play below themselves and things go Tips way.

I'd be a bit wary of Tipp, tbh. Kearns will have his homework done on Mayo and I don't think they're going to have any fear coming into this. Funnily, I heard from a not entirely reliable source that they are quite happy in Tipp to have gotten Mayo instead of Tyrone, so read from that what you will. I'd be worried about the big men Tipp have up front. They could potentially cause havoc, especially if our midfield isn't firing to prevent ball from going into them. Quinlivan in particular posesses quite a lot of strength and is pretty quick on top of it. If Kevin Keane is on him, I'd worry about his lack of pace as well as his tendency to give away cheap frees, but then Keane has a good bit of height to match him and might be handy to have under a high ball. I'll be interested to see how Brendan Harrison gets on and if Chris Barrett gets much game time (or if he'll play at all).

I'm not sure what role, if any, Barry Moran will play, but I do think this is a game that could suit him. I think Tom Parsons could start at midfield this time though after coming on the last day. There really is a noticeable difference in the mobility of our midfield when he's there too, imo. He's just that bit more athletic than Seamie, though I think they work well as a partnership. I really couldn't tell you for sure who'll start there though.

Galway, despite playing poorly, did manage to cut through the Tipp defence a few times and could have had a couple more goals than they had (though Tipp probably could have had a few more of their own too), so there is probably something to be exploited there if we're clever about it. By the way, does anyone think Cillian looked a bit quicker against Tyrone than he has in the past? I've always thought he lacked a bit of pace, but he looked sharper the last day than I've seen him in a while.

One advantage I think we do have going into this is that I think we probably have a few more options on the bench and the good news is that everyone is supposedly fit and available for selection. I was worried about Diarmuid's fitness as I noticed him limping around at one point during the Tyrone match and felt he should have been subbed sooner, but it's great news if things are finally looking up in a big way on the injury front.

An area I think we're really going to have to clean up on is our discipline in the tackle. We've often been a great tackling team, but I thought it was sloppy at times against Tyrone. With all the pressure that's coming on refs now, I don't think we need to be giving them any excuse to flash cards around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Lovely tickets gone up on tickets.ie now. Just bought 3 for section 708 in the upper Cusack, row D. great view of the pitch from there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PressRun wrote: »
    An area I think we're really going to have to clean up on is our discipline in the tackle. We've often been a great tackling team, but I thought it was sloppy at times against Tyrone. With all the pressure that's coming on refs now, I don't think we need to be giving them any excuse to flash cards around.

100%. It's an area we've excelled with in the past but we were really shown up by Tyrone. That game will probably stand to us in that respect.

I'm eager to see how our sweeper system stands up against Tipp. I'm still not overly convinced.

Re the game itself, I'm not sure what to expect from Tipp at this level. It's hard to look into the Galway game too much, but huge respect has to given for what they've achieved. I'm just glad we seem to be on an improving curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

CpmRGK0XgAA_J8t.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ethical

Parsons is a must to start at midfield,he is different class,Seamie O'Shea has to partner him,a great work horse.Diarmuid will be better for the next day after his run out last time.Playmaker Andy must play again,he has vision! Cillian is regaining his fluidity and fitness.Aidan must spend more time in the forward line as he wreaks havoc every time,any opposition cannot play him,other than try and pull and drag him.I'd be worried about our back line.I reckon Higgins must get back there ,he was always good for a point from there before and wasnt too bad defending either! Sweeney and Quinlivan are dangers as far as Tipp are concerrned and they will relish any opportunity given. From a Mayo point of view should Boyle be 'saved' as if he were to get another card he would miss the final and considering he held us together earlier when we were sh1t it would be an awful tradgedy if such a fine player missed out due to some silly card rules.Anyways the card thing should be wiped for the final as was done in the latter stages of the Euros this year,no harm to borrow a rule when it adds to the game!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

ethical wrote: »
    From a Mayo point of view should Boyle be 'saved' as if he were to get another card he would miss the final

That's the same attitude that got us beaten by Galway, nothing should be taken for granted, I expect an even enough game and don't think for one minute that it will be easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i am trying to bring a friend option and i am getting no tickets available. anyone know why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Silly thought for the day...if we are lucky enough to win the holy grail this year, will MayoClub51 have to change their name to MayoClub16 :D:D

ethical wrote: »
    From a Mayo point of view should Boyle be 'saved' as if he were to get another card he would miss the final and considering he held us together earlier when we were sh1t it would be an awful tradgedy if such a fine player missed out due to some silly card rules.Anyways the card thing should be wiped for the final as was done in the latter stages of the Euros this year,no harm to borrow a rule when it adds to the game!!!!

I disagree with this. We need to start with our best team and get them working cohesively as a unit. Taking our eyes of tipp could prove very costly. Lets not kid ourselves. These tipp boys have been coming at underage for the last few years and are now in bonus territory this year being in an AI semi final. They have nothing to loose and will play with a swagger that could catch many a team off guard. You often see the team that is not expected to perform can sometime cause the most problems when they throw the shackles off. We need to prepare and focus as if they were a dublin or kerry. Yes if we are coasting at half time, then boyler is the first man to come off, but until we get to that point, its our best foot forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

PressRun wrote: »
    Quinlivan in particular posesses quite a lot of strength and is pretty quick on top of it. If Kevin Keane is on him, I'd worry about his lack of pace as well as his tendency to give away cheap frees, but then Keane has a good bit of height to match him and might be handy to have under a high ball.

You may see Lee Keegan take up Quinlivan and perhaps Kevin dropped for this game. This was the right call agin Tyrone.

Higgins forward role now by the wayside. He will anchor back and support Kevin McLoughlin/Boyler as sweepers. Plus he is one of our best defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

irishgeo wrote: »
    i am trying to bring a friend option and i am getting no tickets available. anyone know why?

Thats odd, email on Wednesday said
    This offer is open until midday on Friday August 12th

maby they had sold out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

306 \\\:D///

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Sit Boyler out, we should be well capable of beating Tipp without him.

David Coldrick will be the referee for our match against Tipperary in the All Ireland semi final.

Oldtree wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Oldtree wrote: »

305 for us!

seligehgit wrote: »
    David Coldrick will be the referee for our match against Tipperary in the All Ireland semi final.

Happy enough with that...thought for a while we might be unlucky enough to get Dublin JOE

Ascii wrote: »
    Happy enough with that...thought for a while we might be unlucky enough to get Dublin JOE

Probably get him for the final, v Dublin.

Actually after his performance in the game v Fermanagh he may not get the final this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

mayo.mick wrote: »
    305 for us!

Same, close enough to the pitch again :D

• Advertisement

Actually after his performance in the game v Fermanagh he may not get the final this year.

They will hardly give him back to back all Ireland finals will they...didn't he do last year. "Marty Duffy or John bannon will do" ..said no mayo man ever ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Gough for the final surely. :)

Ascii wrote: »
    They will hardly give him back to back all Ireland finals will they...didn't he do last year. "Marty Duffy or John bannon will do" ..said no mayo man ever ;-)

Coldrick did it last year.

Gough and Coldrick are the SF refs this year, so Joe or Deegan or Hickey I suppose for the final.

Gough and Coldrick are the SF refs this year, so Joe or Deegan or Hickey I suppose for the final.

My bad....don't know where I thought Joe did last year. Could have used Google but that's no fun.

My bad....don't know where I thought Joe did last year. Could have used Google but that's no fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

306 F Lower Cusack. Let's hope it stays somewhat dry now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

305 good seats. Coldrick isn't a bad ref. Joe for the final then for sure! ;)

There really is no excuse for ye lot not getting good seats for the semi. I doubt if there will be even 40,000 at it. The Tipp footballers don't have a big traveling support.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    There really is no excuse for ye lot not getting good seats for the semi. I doubt if there will be even 40,000 at it. The Tipp footballers don't have a big traveling support.

Should have put it on in Limerick, I'm actually serious! :)

Don't blame you. There would be a much better atmosphere in Limerick, than in a half empty Croker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Don't blame you. There would be a much better atmosphere in Limerick, than in a half empty Croker.

But jesus the conniption the last time they played in Limerick.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement