Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

But jesus the conniption the last time they played in Limerick.

Dont. Mention. Limerick. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Dont. Mention. Limerick. :mad::mad::mad:

Don't mention Limerick the war!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

seligehgit wrote: »
    Don't mention Limerick the war!:D

you-werent-there-man.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

So many great memories from that day in Limerick. It was like a mini All Ireland.
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

F**K you old Moore and your prediction that Mayo and Galway would win the two all Ireland's this year... Wrong about Galway.

You were my last great hope of us winning an all Ireland in 2016 :-) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Ascii wrote: »
    F**K you old Moore and your prediction that Mayo and Galway would win the two all Ireland's this year... Wrong about Galway.

You were my last great hope of us winning an all Ireland in 2016 :-) :-)

Sure he might get it half right.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Feature.jpg?resize=631%2C194

With only 6 days to go to the semi final, Mayo Mark did a little historical diging of previous meetings between Mayo and Tipp. Brilliant article here; http://mayoclub51.com/mayo-v-tipperary-history/

Only 6 more sleeps.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Any word on how ticket sales are going?

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Any word on how ticket sales are going?

Must be going good. Cusack lower sold out, upper Cusack and upper Hogan now open.

Cp6-FMaXYAEts6K.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lads - need some travel advice....how long does it generally take to get back to Heuston from Croker after a game (I'm guessing a mix of walking & LUAS).

Booking train tickets back to Limerick and not sure if 6.25pm would be cutting it a bit tight??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Lads - need some travel advice....how long does it generally take to get back to Heuston from Croker after a game (I'm guessing a mix of walking & LUAS).

Booking train tickets back to Limerick and not sure if 6.25pm would be cutting it a bit tight??
    Jump in to a taxi is the only way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

You should be fine as long as you leave at the final whistle.

Quick walk down to Connolly/Busaras/Abbey St and straight on a Luas.

Are you a cyclists ?

There ate those pick up/drop off bikes.
    One on the NCR/Dorset St junction at the Big Tree, another in Houston.
    Just grab one and head out the NCR, down by the Park and onto Parkgate St into Houston.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

You will be fine I've done it before loads
    Leave bang on full time
    Brisk 15 minute walk to o Connell street
    Then ya can get luas which will take 10 mins MAX
    If there is a q for them is just keep walking. Will take 20 mins
    You will be out there by 6 either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers for replies - travelling with my Dad who is in good health generally but maybe not as nimble as he once was.

Will hopefully have time for a celebratory pint on the way home :D

Cheers for replies - travelling with my Dad who is in good health generally but maybe not as nimble as he once was.

Will hopefully have time for a celebratory pint on the way home :D

It would need to be a BRISK walk to comfortably make it to be honest
    If ye get to o Connell street and no q for luas go for it
    If not a taxi but I'm not sure how long that will save ye in any traffic . I've never done it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You should have plenty of time but I would leave the pint until The Galway Hooker at Heuston. That's from someone who has missed his fair share of trains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Mayo News Tipp game preview podcast now available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Mayo News Tipp game preview podcast now available

Where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Stoner wrote: »
    Where?

Mayonews.ie???
    There is a soundcloud feed on the sports page
    Or iTunes or any Android podcast app if you search.

• Advertisement

I have that SoundCloud feed alright. Thanks.

Hope it's all right to stick this up. I was originally heading to the game with Mrs ascii and the little ascii's but that has changed last minute so now I am going on my own. I was happy to buy tickets for the back of the upper stands where the kids would not be bothering people around them however now that I am on my own I like to be more central. If anyone has a single ticket for 303-308 or 703-708 that's not going to be used then I would be interested. Failing that I will get a ticket online and maybe move at half time when some of the Donegal or Galway supporters drift away. Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Hope it's all right to stick this up. I was originally heading to the game with Mrs ascii and the little ascii's but that has changed last minute so now I am going on my own. I was happy to buy tickets for the back of the upper stands where the kids would not be bothering people around them however now that I am on my own I like to be more central. If anyone has a single ticket for 303-308 or 703-708 that's not going to be used then I would be interested. Failing that I will get a ticket online and maybe move at half time when some of the Donegal or Galway supporters drift away. Cheers

My brother in law was on about getting tickets for himself and wife and kids together meaning his ticket in our seating group will be available. He will know tomorrow if that suits? Youll be sitting beside me thought :D:D:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

naughto wrote: »
    Jump in to a taxi is the only way

Taxi was €15. Best option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

fills me with glee this photo does, cant wait for sunday :D

aidan-o-shea-celebrates-v-tyorne.jpg

Starting to get the buzz all-right. In a world of messed up olympics with the boxing fiasco and pat hickey getting hauled over the coals for white collar crime, it will be refreshing to see 30 lads go toe to toe on Sunday representing all that is good in amateur sports in hopefully a fair and free flowing competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Lower Davin seems to be sold out now on tickets.ie so a decent crowd should be expected.

Doesn't augur well for any kind of atmosphere in Croker.It's the worst stadium in the country when it's not even a third full.It's a real shame they couldn't have tied in some other game with it.I know there was 57,000 plus at the Tipp Galway hurling semi final but if they'd managed to meet the demand capacity wise a sold out Croke Park is the only show in town!Nothing beats it and I mean nothing.

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Doesn't augur well for any kind of atmosphere in Croker.It's the worst stadium in the country when it's not even a third full.It's a real shame they couldn't have tied in some other game with it.I know there was 57,000 plus at the Tipp Galway hurling semi final but if they'd managed to meet the demand capacity wise a sold out Croke Park is the only show in town!Nothing beats it and I mean nothing.

the article says they expect 50000

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

There will be a decent crowd I'd say. The GAA had a deal for Tipperary fans whereby it was €60 for the two semis and that package was sold out anyway.

There will be a decent crowd I'd say. The GAA had a deal for Tipperary fans whereby it was €60 for the two semis and that package was sold out anyway.

Apologies to km79,for once I didn't look at the link.That deal for the Tipp fans is great value,it should make for a great atmosphere if there's a 50,000 plus attendance.

Rob Murphy mentioned the Mayo News have another podcast tomorrow night.

I've been listening to some of these Mayo podcasts, good stuff in them. The one throughout the Fermanagh game was good stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Woolies podcast on Sportsjoe out today too. A good listen. No shortage of podcasts.

this is the quietest buildup to a semi I can remember
    perfect ;)

km79 wrote:
    this is the quietest buildup to a semi I can remember perfect

The whole thing is very quiet.

It really is quiet. Is the 'Lympics? Is that what has everyone so occupied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

ProudDUB wrote: »
    It really is quiet. Is the 'Lympics? Is that what has everyone so occupied.

Big Brother 👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

km79 wrote: »
    this is the quietest buildup to a semi I can remember
    perfect ;)

It really has been a *weird* year for us here in Mayo! I haven't even seen a "Mayo4Sam" poster at the Olympics :D

mayo.mick wrote: »
    It really has been a *weird* year for us here in Mayo! I haven't even seen a "Mayo4Sam" poster at the Olympics :D

it has though hasn't it.........maybe just maybe.........:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dead quiet buildup alright, was going to put off getting the ticket until the day before it but I just bought it now to get some excitement going.

Should be a good one considering one side of the family is all Tipp, but I'll never live it down if we lose it to them. :(

Mayo and Tipp just don't have any history (well, none recent anyway) together and a lot of the build up often features around that. No history = dull build up.

On the other hand, Dublin v Kerry has too much history. This is their 4th encounter in five years. I think it's hard for people to get all that excited about it. We'll go ballistic if we win. Kerry will do what they do when they win. But for the neutral, it's not as exciting, or even interesting, as it was back in 2011, or 2013.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Everyone expects us to fall at every hurdle. We haven't played one single good 70 minutes this year. We have scrapped through the league, got ambushed by Galway, "cheated" against Fermanagh, almost let Kildare beat us, scrambled against Westmeath and put a wall up against a 14 man Tyrone. So while we are expected to beat Tipp no one would be shocked either as we are so Jekyll and Hyde.

If we perform the same as against Tyrone and negate the ball into their FF line I think we cut out a lot of threat. If they get the same amount of ball into their front 3 as they did against Galway we will be gone home with our tails between our legs.

How are we looking on the injury front? Is Keane full fit and match ready for this game? Is parsons and Barrett ready for 70 mins ?

How are we looking on the injury front? Is Keane full fit and match ready for this game? Is parsons and Barrett ready for 70 mins ?

I have'nt heard that there are any injury problems,we'll know tonight!:)

The Mayo team for Sunday's semi final game against Tipperary in Croke Park is:

1. David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
    2. Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
    3. Kevin Keane (Westport)
    4. Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
    5. Lee Keegan (Westport)
    6. Colm Boyle (Davitts)
    7. Patrick Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)
    8. Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
    9. Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
    10. Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
    11. Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
    12. Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber)
    13. Jason Doherty (Burrishoole)
    14. Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)
    15. Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber, captain).

Team Manager: Stephen Rochford.
    Selectors: Donie Buckley, Tony McEntee & Sean Carey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Met forecast for sunday looks fine for match, temp 14-15 with a southerly light wind, might just miss the rain, but bring a raincoat jic :D for the walk afterwards

12.00 sunday
    web_irl_rainfall_2016082112.gif?h=1471608000000rainfall-map-legend.png

18.00 sunday
    web_irl_rainfall_2016082118.gif?h=1471608000000rainfall-map-legend.png

• Advertisement

Oldtree wrote:
    Met forecast for sunday looks fine for match, temp 14-15 with a southerly light wind, might just miss the rain, but bring a raincoat jic for the walk afterwards

Man you are putting it up to us now. Setting the standard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement