Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

glack wrote: »

From that angle then he had to go. Unprovoked and intentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

yop wrote: »

Exactly. How the Sunday Game couldn't zoom in on their own camera angles and see it is beyond me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

I am delighted that we have this done and dusted. The performance was not great but i felt like we were never going to lose this game. I think the players may not have been as fired up for this game as the Tyrone game and the performance matched that.

It will be fully on now with either the Dubs or Kerry.... part of me would prefer Kerry but they seem to have the better of us. The dubs bring the performance out of us but they have some talent on the pitch, so its hard to know. Either way, we have to win this ... no if, maybes or buts...just win the fecking game with whatever is required.

We have lost one game per year over the last six years so lets hope it stays the same!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

glack wrote: »
    Exactly. How the Sunday Game couldn't zoom in on their own camera angles and see it is beyond me!!

They only see what suits, just like what they say. havnt watched or listened to them in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I knew from the players reaction he had done something stupid and let himself down

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I am delighted that we have this done and dusted. The performance was not great but i felt like we were never going to lose this game. I think the players may not have been as fired up for this game as the Tyrone game and the performance matched that.

It will be fully on now with either the Dubs or Kerry.... part of me would prefer Kerry but they seem to have the better of us. The dubs bring the performance out of us but they have some talent on the pitch, so its hard to know. Either way, we have to win this ... no if, maybes or buts...just win the fecking game with whatever is required.

We have lost one game per year over the last six years so lets hope it stays the same!!

Its a sure sign so! :):)
    but i felt like we were never going to lose this game.
    More of a case of never going to win, we win well "Ah its only Tipp", we trip into the final "Ah Mayo will get battered".

No one expects us to do a thing, no one expects us to win. We may as well hand the trophy over and do the decent thing.

In 1999 We went to Tuam on a pissy day and we beat the AI champions.
    In 2006 we went to croker, we were been battered and still won.
    In 2012 we may as well not have turned up.
    In 2013 against Cork, it was only a matter of them winning and there were Cork lads on the phone telling their buddies to wait until the semi final against Kerry.
    2016 Up to the Hyde and we were relegated, they were going to dance on our grave
    2016 - Tyrone bookies favorites, a team on the rise, Harte had his magic back.

So when ever we are been wrote off we bite back. Of course the key point is we have never delivered SAM in all those years. We have zero to lose as zero expectation.

We should hopefully have a full squad of fit players, Caff aside, but there is no reason why this panel can't pull out a 2012 Dublin, a 2014 Donegal performance. We've spit out 15/20 minutes in all the games we have won so far this year.

Been to too many games now to write us off.

Can anyone remember what kind of tickets season ticket holders got for 2013 final vs the dubs
    I ended up in the Hogan as I got a second pair but I've a bad feeling the season tickets were upper cusack ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gigantic09

km79 wrote: »
    Can anyone remember what kind of tickets season ticket holders got for 2013 final vs the dubs
    I ended up in the Hogan as I got a second pair but I've a bad feeling the season tickets were upper cusack ????

I was in Lower cusack 309/308 if I remember correctly.

gigantic09 wrote: »

Ok maybe that was it
    We were pushed out to the sides
    Hopefully Kerry win :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

gigantic09 wrote: »

We had excellent seats on the 21 yard line lower Cusack stand towards the Davin stand,around row D if I recall.It was a splendid weather wise,maybe as ProudDub rightly says we should be hoping for a less energy sapping day weather wise.

Poor Aidan was given the run around that day with Cluxton's kickouts and the constant motion that was the mobile Dublin midfield and half forwards.

Of course I'm not ruling the Kingdom turning them over.

Latest Mayo News podcast

http://mayogaablog.com/?p=19047

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    What the hell is wrong with you? The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Anyway who's in the final??
    I seem to remember a few Dub Boardsies backing Roscommon! Reputable posters some with PhDs

Funny all the same if you you went back in the year if you said neither Mayo or Roscommon would win the West nobody would have believed you

We were 306, 3 rows from front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Stoner wrote: »
    Anyway who's in the final??
    I seem to remember a few Dub Boardsies backing Roscommon! Reputable posters some with PhDs

:P ... That maybe why I keep getting a weekly loyalty bonus from my bookie ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mayo News podcast is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

This is the first Final in my lifetime that Mayo have not peaked pre Final. We did not set Croke Park on fire yesterday and I for one am delighted we didn't. They did what they had to do...WIN! The 4 week break is perfect. We will have to wait until Sunday to devise plans for the Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Not an inspiring performance yesterday. We looked sloppy at times, shot some bad wides, looked a little rattled too in stages. It's what we've done all Championship, we look very ordinary at times but we always seem to have a ten minute burst where we look very good, that came past the middle of the first half yesterday. It happened against Kildare, Westmeath and Fermanagh (for a longer spell).

It was important that we came out in the second half and kicked a few scores to put the tie to bed but again, like the Westmeath game, that didn't happen. We allowed Tipperary back into before we got a fortuitous enough goal that was just enough to finish them off. Some player's made basic mistakes and others weren't up to their usual standard. I hope the O'Connor's can hit form for the final, they weren't terrible yesterday but they weren't at their usual standard. Simply put, we need them playing very well.

Positives for me were:

Rochford. I like how he chops and changes to suit who we are playing. We have been guilty of not doing that for as long as I can remember and it has cost us. Kerry 2014 an example. Barry Moran was solid back there. Big Barry and Davie Clarke give me confidence when we have high ball played into our square. Up until recently we were bricking it seeing high ball come in, now there's more assurance back there. Kev Mc might return to sweeper for the final, we shall see.

Our bench: It's strong to say the least. Having the likes of Tom Parsons come into the game is something other counties simply don't have. Subs are a big part of today's game, invaluable that we have a good panel.

Andy Moran: Man of the match for the first half alone. Won nearly every ball played in, some of which were less than 50/50, to top it off he then kicks some lovely scores. Invaluable to us at the minute and it's crazy how some supporters wanted him off the panel. There's no reason why he can't play on for another year or maybe even two, he's needed to steady the ship and lead by example like he's doing right now and has been doing for years. The man's a Mayo GAA Legend.

Other players were good too. Higgin's set up for Doherty's goal was unbelievable. Harrison keeps improving. Aidan had a good game for me again. What a physical edge he brings to us, it makes other teams focus on him and gives our other players a bit more space to operate. What an important point Boyler hit and what a relief it is that he isn't suspended for the final. Boyle sums up what Mayo GAA is all about.

Nobody expects us to win it outright after yesterday and I'll put that as a positive. Aido, Keegan, Clarke, Boyle, Moran, Higgins, the two O'Connors are all capable of taking a game by the scruff of the neck and hitting fire. We've certainly a chance against Kerry of Dublin. You can't win an All-Ireland by not getting to the final, let's see how this plays out now. It might be the most lackluster path to the final for a long time but we've made it to the dance and with the player's I mentioned above, we've got a chance. Can we hit our stride for close to 70 is the question? If we can't then we will be relying on Kerry/Dublin playing poorly and I wouldn't be counting on that - especially Dublin.

Hearty congratulations to Mayo today. Hope you can now smash that glass ceiling and bring home Sam Maguire. Needless to say improvements are needed as a more experienced side would have troubled you today, but its better for you to go in with little expectation anyway because a wrote off Mayo is a dangerous one and in Rachford they have a man who has prepared a winning All ireland team in Croke park already in Corofin so he may know how to calm nerves on the day of the final

We broke a glass ceiling of our own today in reaching our first semi final in 81 years....lets hope it comes as an inspiration to you. You have absolutely terrific support who deserve to taste All ireland success

Hard luck tipp_gunner. My grandmother hailed from Tipp so I've always had a soft spot for you in the hurling at least. Your fans were excellent, brought far more than I thought you would and they made some noise when you were getting back into the game. You've a fine team there, maybe you need some more depth but I'm sure there's more coming through. Hopefully you can get into a higher division soon and regularly give Kerry and Cork a run for Munster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I treated them with disregard last September as well and that went swimmingly.

They have done nothing since that game last September to warrant anything other than that. They've been brutal and are merely at this stage due to a geographical quirk.

100% agree. Kerry are crap and have been for a few years. The 2014 All Ireland was a joke, utter disgrace what went on in Limerick. Not to mention our two best players (O'Connor and O'Shea) running into each other and concussing each other. Crazy stuff. The Kerry team that won that All Ireland were the worst winners of Sam i have seen so far (Cork 2010 possibly excepted) and i was born in 1982. The Dubs will beat them by 10 points next Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Two questions:

Is Diarmuid O'Connor carrying an injury? He hasn't looked right in a while.

Shouldn't Tom Parsons be in for a starting position at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

seligehgit wrote: »
    We had excellent seats on the 21 yard line lower Cusack stand towards the Davin stand,around row D if I recall.It was a splendid weather wise,maybe as ProudDub rightly says we should be hoping for a less energy sapping day weather wise.

Poor Aidan was given the run around that day with Cluxton's kickouts and the constant motion that was the mobile Dublin midfield and half forwards.

Of course I'm not ruling the Kingdom turning them over.

Ah yes, I have fond memories of James McCarthy and Paul Flynn hoovering up ball after ball out on the wings, while Aidan huffed and puffed in the middle of the pitch, wondering where the ball went and why none of the Dublin kids wanted to play with him. Poor aul Aido ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Any word on whether the round of club c'ship games next weekend is going ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Any word on whether the round of club c'ship games next weekend is going ahead?

It appears to be. Rochford said post match that players are released to their clubs this week for club championship!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

It appears to be. Rochford said post match that players are released to their clubs this week for club championship!

Lovely stuff.

All we need now is an injury scare or for some crackpot referee to flash a straight red!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,220 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Next week before it`s known who Mayo will face in the final, so tactically nothing to work on this week in relation too the final, but from yesterday a lot of basics could be brushed up on.
    Seems a bit daft to chance injuries in club championship games. Especially when there will be pressure on the likes of O Connor the younger to play.
    He didn`t look right yesterday, and looked as if that injury hasn`t cleared up fully.
    Last thing a player in that situation neeeds is club championship.

• Advertisement

Same confirmed on Off The Ball tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

It's Quarter Final stage now though so not every player will actually have a game, little consolation I know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

I've no problem with that. Lads could get injured at any time, and I'd hope that a lot of the training sessions these couple of weeks wouldn't be far off that intensity anyway, so just as likely to happen then.

Yes Tipp never had a sniff of a goal did they? Suppose it would be too much to hope for the same against Dublin or Kerry...

Mayo done very well on Mikey and Conor tbf. The only goal chance i can remember was Josh Keane's which Tin Cup put through for him though it can be argued that Clarke was more than equal to it so could be classified a half chance. We had runs on goal where we didnt find a man in space at stages. More experienced players such as Connolly, Bernard Brogan, MDMA, will pick out men or their shooting will be better

Mayo mixed the good with the bad yesterday. They can get a run at teams and have the physical power but they need to keep that score board ticking over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

There's a strange inconsistency with Mayo at the moment. For 10-12 mins before half time they looked like a team that would beat anyone, but for 20 mins before and 20 after Mayo looked very ordinary and it took a soft and rather fortuitous goal to finally put the game to bed.

Maybe better and more esteemed opposition in the final will bring about a big improvement but god knows it'll need to as that kind of performance against Dublin would result in a trouncing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Brusna

It's Quarter Final stage now though so not every player will actually have a game, little consolation I know

No, it's the final round of the group stage so all senior and intermediate teams have a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Dublin or Kerry will be a different story.
    Personally I'd fancy our chances v Kerry, they have been as bad as Mayo all year.
    Against Dublin though everything would have to go right, which is a big ask.
    You are a poster that like to refer back to league form when debating championship match ups so you don't need me to tell you tell you that only Dublin were better in Div one than Kerry this year while Mayo only stayed up on scoring difference.

In the Championship this summer Kerry retained their provincial title Mayo did not. Both played Tipperary and Kerrys win was far more convincing than Mayos on Sunday.

Lastly if Kerry are good enough to topple the Dubs this Sunday then in theory they should be able to beat a Mayo side whom as you say have been bad all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

You are a poster that like to refer back to league form when debating championship match ups so you don't need me to tell you tell you that only Dublin were better in Div one than Kerry this year while Mayo only stayed up on scoring difference.

In the Championship this summer Kerry retained their provincial title Mayo did not. Both played Tipperary and Kerrys win was far more convincing than Mayos on Sunday.

Lastly if Kerry are good enough to topple the Dubs this Sunday then in theory they should be able to beat a Mayo side whom as you say have been bad all year.

My comparison of the league for Mayo v Tipp was in the context that Tipp had never been to the same level as Mayo have been in the league, it showed

Kerry played a very settled team after they lost their first two league games
    But they were shown to be very off Dublin in the final.
    That team has changed slightly but not dramatically in some areas.

As for the Kerry beat Tipp far more convincing than Mayo did I'll refer you to the Tipp beat Galway and Mayo lost to Galway argument

Let the clubs play. There are more people involved in GAA in Mayo than the county squad. All Ireland or no All Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Let the clubs play. There are more people involved in GAA in Mayo than the county squad. All Ireland or no All Ireland.

If one your top players gets injured?

RobbieRuns wrote: »

That's the risk that has to be taken. You cant cancel the club championship until the all ireland championship ends. Doesnt seem to affect Kilkenny and there will be some tasty games at training over the next few weeks as players from 16-30 in the panel stake their claims

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

RobbieRuns wrote: »

I can't imagine any of our country players getting rough treatment on the pitch from other clubs in Mayo when they have the chance to bring home our first AI title in 65 years. If they get injured from something innocuous, well the same could happen in training sure.

The GAA doesn't come to a screeching halt for four weeks between a semi final and the final. Every one of those lads know it and so do all the fans. If they get injured, they get injured, but Dublin and Kerry have club fixtures too and there's every chance the same could happen to them.

We've had a bit of luck this year, may it continue with the help of god. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

aidan24326 wrote: »
    There's a strange inconsistency with Mayo at the moment. For 10-12 mins before half time they looked like a team that would beat anyone, but for 20 mins before and 20 after Mayo looked very ordinary and it took a soft and rather fortuitous goal to finally put the game to bed.

I think its easily explainable. For 20 minutes they sat back, didn't put pressure on the ball out the field, didn't commit numbers to the attack and looked to be defensively solid. Goal came and a bunch of experienced players saw the chance to go for the jugular. They pushed up the field on the Tipp kick out, lads started committing to the attack and as a result Tipp couldn't get out of their half. Watch the possession immediately after the goal and how much it differed from what went before. They had 10 men in the Tipp half (all of them moving) as O' Connor was shooting.

Rochford is being lauded in parts but i think they'll fair far worse against good teams sitting back trying to be defensively solid. What made Mayo formidable was their ridiculous intensity in attack and defence. Now seems like they're being told to sit back (Boyle, McLoughlin, Keegan), wait for the opposition and not commit numbers forward for fear of being short handed in defence. Just doesn't suit the strengths of the players.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I can't imagine any of our country players getting rough treatment on the pitch from other clubs in Mayo when they have the chance to bring home our first AI title in 65 years. If they get injured from something innocuous, well the same could happen in training sure.

The GAA doesn't come to a screeching halt for four weeks between a semi final and the final. Every one of those lads know it and so do all the fans. If they get injured, they get injured, but Dublin and Kerry have club fixtures too and there's every chance the same could happen to them.

Quite the opposite, in my experience they were targeted and to win at all costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Quite the opposite, in my experience they were targeted and to win at all costs.

That's a real shame then, haven't been to enough clubs games between a semi and a final for us over the years so it's just something I assumed. Pisses me off to hear that tbh, I'm not even saying take it easy on them, just no dangerous tackling, they do need to be tested well before the biggest match of their lives but could do without the targeting.

Does this sort of thing happen all over the country do you know?

• Advertisement

That's a real shame then, haven't been to enough clubs games between a semi and a final for us over the years so it's just something I assumed. Pisses me off to hear that tbh, I'm not even saying take it easy on them, just no dangerous tackling, they do need to be tested well before the biggest match of their lives but could do without the targeting.

Does this sort of thing happen all over the country do you know?

I came out of a game with 7 stitches in my leg as the opposition were told to target me, which they did. I was a Mayo minor at the time.
    Also in senior games we were told to ensure X or Y were hit hard from the start, you'd have 2 or 3 lads who would be picked to "mark" him.
    Personally and I could be wrong, I think that jealousy is part of it and the "Ill put u in your box" is another side of it.

Fingers crossed the lads get through, but its shocking they are been even put in this position.

Listening to the Tipp lads they have to play Championship games this Wednesday, the County boards wouldn't reschedule. Farcial.

Can absolutely confirm this
    Jealousy a lot to do with it

If it was pointless league games perhaps, but this is club championship and no club manager worth his salt is going to tell his players to take it easy on county players.
    The fact that they are good enough to play county will mean he will tell his lads to pay particular attention to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Peist2007 wrote: »

Normally i would agree with this but i just think in this insatnce it's te last throw oof the dice for this team and we have an advantage in the extra week's preparation that we should grab. Though if Rochford is happy to release the players then fair enough, a break from the intensity and game coming on top f game in the last 6 weeks might do them good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

corny wrote: »
    I think its easily explainable. For 20 minutes they sat back, didn't put pressure on the ball out the field, didn't commit numbers to the attack and looked to be defensively solid. Goal came and a bunch of experienced players saw the chance to go for the jugular. They pushed up the field on the Tipp kick out, lads started committing to the attack and as a result Tipp couldn't get out of their half. Watch the possession immediately after the goal and how much it differed from what went before. They had 10 men in the Tipp half (all of them moving) as O' Connor was shooting.

Rochford is being lauded in parts but i think they'll fair far worse against good teams sitting back trying to be defensively solid. What made Mayo formidable was their ridiculous intensity in attack and defence. Now seems like they're being told to sit back (Boyle, McLoughlin, Keegan), wait for the opposition and not commit numbers forward for fear of being short handed in defence. Just doesn't suit the strengths of the players.

But it has been pointed out time and time again since 2011 that Mayo have been far to open at the back, and the new manager wish list back last September included a "defensive minded, tactically aware" guy.

On the face of it this is what Rochford has delivered.

He deployed a sweeper, he changed the game plan for Tyrone, he stuck with the game plan for Tyrone, he used Barry Moran as a full back to negate Tipps high ball to the forwards.

Whether or not they can win the final is another thing, but you cannot ignore that Rochford ytried to address the biggest weakness Mayo have had.

Three goals conceded this campaign, Clarke has also helped this but I'd be curious to know how many goal chances they are giving up compared to previous years.

corny wrote: »

Understandable imo in that he is new to the job plus the fact that conceding some silly soft goals have been the downfall of this team in recent years, although I do get your point that an over emphasise on defence against either Kerry or Dublin will be counterproductive.

Normally i would agree with this but i just think in this insatnce it's te last throw oof the dice for this team and we have an advantage in the extra week's preparation that we should grab. Though if Rochford is happy to release the players then fair enough, a break from the intensity and game coming on top f game in the last 6 weeks might do them good.

Disagree. Club players have been sitting around all summer training and waiting to play. Fair enough while qualifiers are on but now the clubs should be playing. Especially as we were in the first semi final.

Ger Caff "I don't think I've ever expressed an opinion on twitter before #mayogaa https://t.co/BVXfyWin8S"
    Wants club games postponed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I came out of a game with 7 stitches in my leg as the opposition were told to target me, which they did. I was a Mayo minor at the time.
    Also in senior games we were told to ensure X or Y were hit hard from the start, you'd have 2 or 3 lads who would be picked to "mark" him.
    Personally and I could be wrong, I think that jealousy is part of it and the "Ill put u in your box" is another side of it.

Fingers crossed the lads get through, but its shocking they are been even put in this position.

Listening to the Tipp lads they have to play Championship games this Wednesday, the County boards wouldn't reschedule. Farcial.

It's fairly sickening to see Minors getting targeted but I think Senior County players are well (way more) able to handle it. Minors are generally giving away a lot of strenght, build, experience etc and the hero that targets them usually isn't half as brave / reckless when he's going into a tackle with a county player.

I think the "targeting" off County players comes in the form of hitting hard and hitting often with the hope of getting a reaction. I don't think there's major malice involved.

I think the Club games should go ahead, those involved in the Club scene deserve the respect imo. Injury is always a concern but I would expect that training matches leading up to the final will be just as intense as Club games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

But it has been pointed out time and time again since 2011 that Mayo have been far to open at the back, and the new manager wish list back last September included a "defensive minded, tactically aware" guy.

On the face of it this is what Rochford has delivered.

He deployed a sweeper, he changed the game plan for Tyrone, he stuck with the game plan for Tyrone, he used Barry Moran as a full back to negate Tipps high ball to the forwards.

Whether or not they can win the final is another thing, but you cannot ignore that Rochford ytried to address the biggest weakness Mayo have had.

Three goals conceded this campaign, Clarke has also helped this but I'd be curious to know how many goal chances they are giving up compared to previous years.

No i'm not ignoring it at all. I'm saying just because he's addressing it, it doesn't necessarily make Mayo (overall) a stronger side. I'd argue what they've lost is a far greater negative. Case of cutting off the nose to spite the face.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement