Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

just won the lotto, 307 :D

Minion%2BExcited.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

naughto wrote:
    Are u season ticket?

Yeah thankfully. Would have preferred more central but hey can't complain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Yeah thankfully. Would have preferred more central but hey can't complain :D

Got 305 row ee....very happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

eastmayo wrote: »
    Got 305 row ee....very happy.

What did I do on them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

km79 wrote: »
    What did I do on them :(

Are u cairde maigheo?...not great surly.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote:
    What did I do on them

Luck of the draw km. I'm happy enough. At least not in line with posts. Assuming 311 is the same but opposite side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Luck of the draw km. I'm happy enough. At least not in line with posts. Assuming 311 is the same but opposite side?

http://mayoclub51.com/croke-park-seating-plan/

level-3-croke-park.png?w=701

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

km79 wrote: »
    I am
    And just got an email saying 311
    Not happy !

****, I'm usually very close to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Postbox was empty today. No tickets on Monday I riot..

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Postbox was empty today. No tickets on Monday I riot..

Will be Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

For your information Irish TV are hosting two preview shows,one for each county Sky channel 191.

seligehgit wrote: »
    For your information Irish TV are hosting two preview shows,one for each county Sky channel 191.

Irish TV streamed live online here:

http://www.irishtv.ie/broadcast

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So are Croke GAA season ticket holders getting emails with their seat numbers?

yop wrote: »
    So are Croke GAA season ticket holders getting emails with their seat numbers?

Good few emailed them asking for their seat no's.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭jonny d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=174-r8p2hJc

Another song from 2013, but still quite catchy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

After last weekends colossal performance by Dublin .a lot of negativity went on towards mayos chances of winning . Some exaggeration too and some realism of the task ahead.
    I'm slowly getting away from this And more towards excitement . These few weeks are amazing for Mayo supporters . Momentum gathers , for many a year this decade we have been coming in to this period worn out with anticipation and belief . This I believe being Far too early and only to see this energy sapped out of us come Friday before the match. I hope this time the run to to the final week builds slowly into a " row like a dog" effort for Mayo in 2 weeks time .

We may never see this chance again with this group , enjoy it .

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

Does anyone know where the post match do is being held???

I'm looking at hotel options for the Sunday night and was hoping to book in at the team hotel or more than likely it'll be booked out so somewhere nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Does anyone know where the post match do is being held???

I'm looking at hotel options for the Sunday night and was hoping to book in at the team hotel or more than likely it'll be booked out so somewhere nearby.

Citywest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

301 , practically in the hill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Got a ticket, no idea where it's for but I DONT GIVE A F*CK!!! Roll on Sept 18!

• Advertisement

I've still no idea where I'm going to be located but my mate confirmed the money has left his account.Usually located in the same area as my fellow boardsie Fowler87...302 bit too close to the Hill for liking:pac: but the 21 yard line isn't too bad if it be the case.

I owe ya pint for sure if we're in the same section again!! Season tickets seem to be scattered all over the lower Cusack though.

The sister and her husband sat in same/similar 302 seats at the last game, watched 15 mins of the minor game with them. Thought the seats were quite good so am happy enough.

Heard tickets will be posted out Wednesday

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I owe ya pint for sure if we're in the same section again!! Season tickets seem to be scattered all over the lower Cusack though.

The sister and her husband sat in same/similar 302 seats at the last game, watched 15 mins of the minor game with them. Thought the seats were quite good so am happy enough.

Heard tickets will be posted out Wednesday

They've done this in the past, scatter the support to nullify the noise... :rolleyes:

Citywest

Thought about heading there, think it's 80 quid a head if you're booking a table. It's a bit far out and If we were to win it the craic would be around Dumcondra/Camden street. If we lose then anywhere will do!

yop wrote: »
    They've done this in the past, scatter the support to nullify the noise... :rolleyes:

I'm surprised how nobody ever mentions it being a slight advantage. Cillian O'Connor will be kicking frees into a section full of Dubs, while Dean Rock won't. Not to mention the noise it brings. Mayo should receive a sizeable quantity of Davin tickets. Would have gladly sat there if it was an unofficial Mayo section like it is for Dublin and the Hill. 96,97 we seemed to take the Canal end, was great to see.

I'm surprised how nobody ever mentions it being a slight advantage. Cillian O'Connor will be kicking frees into a section full of Dubs, while Dean Rock won't. Not to mention the noise it brings. Mayo should receive a sizeable quantity of Davin tickets. Would have gladly sat there if it was an unofficial Mayo section like it is for Dublin and the Hill. 96,97 we seemed to take the Canal end, was great to see.

Canal was some crack. Hill is "open" but Mayo as far as I'm aware don't get the tickets. So aside it been a predominate fan point, I THINK its 40 euro to the hill, so a cash saving also.
    I've yet to go to a Mayo Dublin game, league aside, where we have had the same "Block" of support in a section as we do in any other game, AI finals included.

Its probably a coincident!! :)

Any injury updates since? Will they have an open night at training to bring the kids along?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Some friends of mine were in the canal end back in '89, they still talk about how scarily packed it was that day.

Just like the the hill in '83 and the canal end again in '93 where they had to open the gates to relieve the pressure, the GAA have had some close shaves when it comes to overcrowding.

Heading to this event in An Sportlann on Friday night,tickets are free.It should be a great laugh for anybody interested.

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/sportsjoe-gaa-hour-roadshow-tickets-27547762098?utm_campaign=new_attendee&utm_medium=email&utm_source=eb_email&utm_term=event_name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Got myself a ticket for that too. Should be a bit of craic.

• Advertisement

PressRun wrote: »
    Got myself a ticket for that too. Should be a bit of craic.

Drinks are on you my friend!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,347 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Cheers for the heads up lads. Registered there.

Heading to this event in An Sportlann on Friday night,tickets are free.It should be a great laugh for anybody interested.

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/sportsjoe-gaa-hour-roadshow-tickets-27547762098?utm_campaign=new_attendee&utm_medium=email&utm_source=eb_email&utm_term=event_name

Just got some tickets for it, might see ye there!

Bit of bad news on the ticket front.

Mayo ticket allocation ‘significantly down’ on 2013

http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/28517-mayo-ticket-allocation-significantly-down-on-2013

Article off the much maligned sportsjoe website.Love the positivity in spite of the fact there's much clasping at straws and holes in his analysis.Very much viewed through green and red tinted glasses...See line re the merits of our full forward line vis a vis all others..Lots of hyperbole but a definite feelgood factor.

Sorry Mayo fans, but you're going to win the All Ireland

BY CONAN DOHERTY

Type the words 'Mayo fans' into the Inpho Photography site and you'll start to see the same thing pop up over and over.
    A crowd draped in green and red sitting anxiously looking on to a football field as if they can't watch anymore. At the same time though, they're unable to take their eyes off it.

Every bit of their bodies is laden with some nod to their county or clubs. Any piece of material they could find that had colours to suit the occasion, they've made use of it.

But then you notice something else about those classic shots of Mayo supporters and it stuns you. Amongst the crowd, amongst the angst, someone stands up on their own and lets out a roar. They pluck their heads from beneath the numbers and raise two fists into the air, overcome with passion for their county. It's like they're physically putting their shoulders to the wheel, willing the players to do better, forcing the rest of the fans to join them.

If we've seen that picture once, we've seen it a hundred times.

You see it in their eyes, how much it means to them.They've had their fingers burnt more times than any of them but,in that moment,they're fearless.It's all put on the line once more and they'll risk another aching heartbreak to hold onto the hope that this one might be the one.

This year might be the year.

The sad paradox, of course, is that it is the hope that's inevitably killing Mayo fans.They're getting so close,they're being teased with so much and, every single time they step one foot into the promised land,they're kicked in the stones and thrown thousands of feet to their deaths.

And still they come back unbowed and dare to go at again.They dare to believe and when it hits this time of the summer,they dare to forget the pain of failure because the promise of success is tantalising.

But maybe it is this year.

That pride and resilience in the stands illuminates onto the field where every man in a Mayo jersey plays as if he has just been plucked from a group of supporters and given one game to impress.It's like every one of them were just fans saying how they'd do better,and how they'd show more passion if they got the chance,and each of the Mayo team just seem to play like any supporter would given half an opportunity.

Since January,Mayo have been utterly intriguing.They've been gearing towards the end of August from the first night they welcomed Dublin to Castlebar in the league and every month since they have discovered something new about themselves

This month though,they have discovered they've got what it takes.

In the backroom, Mayo have what it takes.In the stands, they have what it takes.On the field, Mayo have what it takes.

The idea that they don't have the forwards is a nonsense now.No one in the country can boast a full forward line like Andy Moran,Aidan O'Shea and Cillian O'Connor at any one time.It is the complete threesome that offers absolutely everything.It offers the rest of the team the luxury of kicking them any bloody ball they want to because that trio will make something of nothing and they'll work off each other in deadly fashion.

Diarmuid O'Connor is becoming one of the best players in the country and Seamus O'Shea,Lee Keggan and Colm Boyle are coming good just when Mayo need them.Not back in June in a Connacht final at the height of the summer and they're carrying themselves now like they believe they can beat anyone.

Because they can.

They came into the Tyrone game, given no respect, and they rammed the dismissive comments down every one of their critics throats.

They stood tall and they stood stronger than the Ulster champions - the All-Ireland contenders that were going to frighten Dublin - and they simply refused to lose.They took it personally, all those words that were and weren't said about Mayo in the build-up to the quarter-final and they harnessed it into a performance of pure spirit and aggression in a restless,end-to-end battle.

It had Tony McEntee written all over it.The bite, the hunger,the respect only for themselves.They treated Tyrone with the contempt an enemy deserves and they've earned the right to be instilled as favourites for the All-Ireland,given the challenge the ambush that lies in wait for the Dubs.

Logically, it's hard to look at cold, hard facts and win the argument.It's hard to deny that Dublin have the best defence in the country.It's hard to dispute that they possess the most potent midfield and you definitely can't make a case for the capital's forward line not being the finest in the land.

The gap isn't that big though.Inches are what has separated Mayo from glory for over half a decade now but,under Rochford,they've seemingly found those inches.

Sure,we all forgot they were so close before but, now,Mayo are looking like they're about to take everyone to task for that ignorance.

They have ammunition.They have the fire.

They have the fearless supporter standing tall alone, representing Mayo and all of its stubborn belief.Unshaken.Unbowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Article off the much maligned sportsjoe website.Love the positivity in spite of the fact there's much clasping at straws and holes in his analysis.Very much viewed through green and red tinted glasses...See line re the merits of our full forward line vis a vis all others..Lots of hyperbole but a definite feelgood factor.

BY CONAN DOHERTY

Type the words 'Mayo fans' into the Inpho Photography site and you'll start to see the same thing pop up over and over.
    A crowd draped in green and red sitting anxiously looking on to a football field as if they can't watch anymore. At the same time though, they're unable to take their eyes off it.

Every bit of their bodies is laden with some nod to their county or clubs. Any piece of material they could find that had colours to suit the occasion, they've made use of it.

But then you notice something else about those classic shots of Mayo supporters and it stuns you. Amongst the crowd, amongst the angst, someone stands up on their own and lets out a roar. They pluck their heads from beneath the numbers and raise two fists into the air, overcome with passion for their county. It's like they're physically putting their shoulders to the wheel, willing the players to do better, forcing the rest of the fans to join them.

You see it in their eyes, how much it means to them.They've had their fingers burnt more times than any of them but,in that moment,they're fearless.It's all put on the line once more and they'll risk another aching heartbreak to hold onto the hope that this one might be the one.

The sad paradox, of course, is that it is the hope that's inevitably killing Mayo fans.They're getting so close,they're being teased with so much and, every single time they step one foot into the promised land,they're kicked in the stones and thrown thousands of feet to their deaths.

And still they come back unbowed and dare to go at again.They dare to believe and when it hits this time of the summer,they dare to forget the pain of failure because the promise of success is tantalising.

That pride and resilience in the stands illuminates onto the field where every man in a Mayo jersey plays as if he has just been plucked from a group of supporters and given one game to impress.It's like every one of them were just fans saying how they'd do better,and how they'd show more passion if they got the chance,and each of the Mayo team just seem to play like any supporter would given half an opportunity.

Since January,Mayo have been utterly intriguing.They've been gearing towards the end of August from the first night they welcomed Dublin to Castlebar in the league and every month since they have discovered something new about themselves

In the backroom, Mayo have what it takes.In the stands, they have what it takes.On the field, Mayo have what it takes.

The idea that they don't have the forwards is a nonsense now.No one in the country can boast a full forward line like Andy Moran,Aidan O'Shea and Cillian O'Connor at any one time.It is the complete threesome that offers absolutely everything.It offers the rest of the team the luxury of kicking them any bloody ball they want to because that trio will make something of nothing and they'll work off each other in deadly fashion.

Diarmuid O'Connor is becoming one of the best players in the country and Seamus O'Shea,Lee Keggan and Colm Boyle are coming good just when Mayo need them.Not back in June in a Connacht final at the height of the summer and they're carrying themselves now like they believe they can beat anyone.

Because they can.

They came into the Tyrone game, given no respect, and they rammed the dismissive comments down every one of their critics throats.

They stood tall and they stood stronger than the Ulster champions - the All-Ireland contenders that were going to frighten Dublin - and they simply refused to lose.They took it personally, all those words that were and weren't said about Mayo in the build-up to the quarter-final and they harnessed it into a performance of pure spirit and aggression in a restless,end-to-end battle.

It had Tony McEntee written all over it.The bite, the hunger,the respect only for themselves.They treated Tyrone with the contempt an enemy deserves and they've earned the right to be instilled as favourites for the All-Ireland,given the challenge the ambush that lies in wait for the Dubs.

Logically, it's hard to look at cold, hard facts and win the argument.It's hard to deny that Dublin have the best defence in the country.It's hard to dispute that they possess the most potent midfield and you definitely can't make a case for the capital's forward line not being the finest in the land.

The gap isn't that big though.Inches are what has separated Mayo from glory for over half a decade now but,under Rochford,they've seemingly found those inches.

Sure,we all forgot they were so close before but, now,Mayo are looking like they're about to take everyone to task for that ignorance.

They have the fearless supporter standing tall alone, representing Mayo and all of its stubborn belief.Unshaken.Unbowed.

The mention of inches reminds me of this speech.

https://youtu.be/_b7bgtu2O4E

• Advertisement

I could walk through a wall after reading that.

Which is handy because I need to get sick. :)

how does he know I'm tall :P

Elverys are fairly making the most of having the Tipp hurlers and our lads in their paddock.

Mayo crossbar challenge.
    https://youtu.be/x-LQyhUcOeo

Are we nearly there yet!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Mayo got over 3,000 Hill tickets, im sure Galway and Kerry each got an allocation as well and afaik the Hill cpacity is less than 10,000 so if it's full of dubs it's people swapping tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

Mayo got over 3,000 Hill tickets, im sure Galway and Kerry each got an allocation as well and afaik the Hill cpacity is less than 10,000 so if it's full of dubs it's people swapping tickets

3000 Hill tickets or 3000 terrace tickets in total?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

glack wrote: »
    3000 Hill tickets or 3000 terrace tickets in total?

Terrace but the total terrace capacity is well under 10,000 so i doubt the dubs got significantly more than us

Actually i think my figures are wrong total terrace is approx 13,000 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

Terrace but the total terrace capacity is well under 10,000 so i doubt the dubs got significantly more than us

It will be interesting to see where the Mayo terrace tickets are for when the clubs start distributing their tickets next week.

Or this...

*Shameless plug from 3 years ago:P* Don't have the time or energy to muster another one this year! Some of Mayo Mick' gems of photos included. Man is talented

irishgeo wrote: »
    The mention of inches reminds me of this speech.

https://youtu.be/_b7bgtu2O4E

BY CONAN DOHERTY

Because they can.

The Mayo GAA Crossbar Challenge with Elverys Intersport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-LQyhUcOeo

PARlance wrote: »
    I was just thinking that there weren't enough Banter pages around. Hope you actually give away 2 tickets for all the likes / shares.

I wonder will MidWest radio have their usual 200 ticket giveaway?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Had a sneaky watch of the semi final vs Dublin from 2012 there earlier...

I'm so excited! 😆

I must have won the lottery

Section 308

Row L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

I must have won the lottery

Section 308

Row L

Where did you get those.
    Are the tickets for the match out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭navigator

for some days now, I'm struggling with this totally crazy idea... to wear my Mayo shirt, jump on a plane and watch the match in some bar anywhere in Mayo... (finding a ticket for Croke Park is obviously out of question)...
    I hope to come to my senses and drop that insane idea... but maybe I'll fly to Ireland and I'll be in some bar in Westport or somewhere else on Sunday 18th september... :)
    (I am from Genoa, Italy)
    up Mayo!

kala85 wrote: »
    Where did you get those.
    Are the tickets for the match out already?

Season ticket holder.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement