Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Don't forget "Mad For Sam 2016 Live from Mayo" on Irish TV, Sky channel 191, tomorrow Tuesday 13th at 8pm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

anyone going to the after-after function (the 20 euro one! :) )
    Few of us are going in, is it a suit jobbie or will pants and shirt do the job! :) Or even jeans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

seligehgit wrote: »

The GAA Hour podcast is up too. That's this evenings listening sorted between the two.

Did anyone else make it up on Friday for the GAA Hour recording? Grand way to kill an hour or so, Parkinson is a great host.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

yop wrote: »
    anyone going to the after-after function (the 20 euro one! :) )
    Few of us are going in, is it a suit jobbie or will pants and shirt do the job! :) Or even jeans!

The After after function is Casual Gear, would be some spot if Sam is in attendance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

PressRun wrote: »
    Surprisingly don't feel too nervous at the moment. Looking forward to the weekend though. I'll probably be a bag of nerves on the day, but not feeling too bad right now.

I can't think nor sleep :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Oldtree wrote: »
    I can't think nor sleep :D

for once I am not in a knot :)
    For some reason the fact we seem to be given little hope has allowed me to possibly see the age of 60 without a heart attack.
    That said been up on top of the hill come 3.30 next Sunday the heart rate will be hitting 190 at times! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

PARlance wrote: »
    The GAA Hour podcast is up too. That's this evenings listening sorted between the two.

Did anyone else make it up on Friday for the GAA Hour recording? Grand way to kill an hour or so, Parkinson is a great host.

Yes I went along,it was very enjoyable.I really miss Wooly now that's he's left OTB.Loved the question re the Mort.

TBH I've never seen the county calmer as expectations are so low.It'll really hit me come Friday evening after work and heading up early Saturday morning.... Buzzing I say buzzing!:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

TBH I've never seen the county calmer as expectations are so low.It'll really hit me come Friday evening after work and heading up early Saturday morning.... Buzzing I say buzzing!:D:pac:

It's been quieter than usual alright. But saying that, I've been trying to ignore all build up, too much talking can be done and we've heard it all before.

I think people have a quiet sense of confidence though. We're all in the dark as to what Mayo team will show up, how we'll line up and what kind of performance they're capable of producing because there's nothing to look back on, except the lads just doing enough and moving onto the next game. I'll definitely be optimistic heading up Sunday, it's not an impossible task ahead of us. There's a complete performance in this Mayo team, if Rochford gets the match ups right, we get a bit of luck then we've every chance. In saying that, If we don't do it - I don't think we'll be as devastated as we have been in losing previous finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

for once I am not in a knot :)
    For some reason the fact we seem to be given little hope has allowed me to possibly see the age of 60 without a heart attack.
    That said been up on top of the hill come 3.30 next Sunday the heart rate will be hitting 190 at times! :)

I'll bring some spare Lercaril for you then jic ;)

pops.gif?w=593

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Many going to Mad For Sam tonight? Rang up there but tickets are gone. If they're showing it in the bar then ill head up anyway!

Just learnt of the death of a young man at home, we always got the "Ann Baynes Bus" from Westport which his brother drives and himself and his Dad always were on. Really has shocked the town and all of us who travelled around the country on that bus. Sunday will be incredibly sad now. RIP son. :(

Just learnt of the death of a young man at home, we always got the "Ann Baynes Bus" from Westport which his brother drives and himself and his Dad always were on. Really has shocked the town and all of us who travelled around the country on that bus. Sunday will be incredibly sad now. RIP son. :(

Been on that bus a few times for league games. I read an older man passed away during the week that was always on that bus too.

R.I.P, puts it all into perspective.

Been on that bus a few times for league games. I read an older man passed away during the week that was always on that bus too.

R.I.P, puts it all into perspective.

Ya Jonny passed away indeed. Himself and his wife were terrific unassuming people. He will be greatly missed also.
    http://www.mayonews.ie/news/28521-mayo-gaa-loses-well-known-westport-supporter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

At the moment Sunday looks wet in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

km79 wrote: »
    At the moment Sunday looks wet in dublin

Not again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

corny wrote: »
    Not again.

Can and probably will change
    Long way out yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

It's been lovely weather today in Mayo. Hopefully it stays nice and spreads to Dublin!

Great podcast.

Really sums up my own feelings on the game, that cautious optimism based on tje notion that Mayo are a far smarter, far more balanced team this time round, and that Donegal and Kerry have shown us how Dublin are vulnerable.

Maybe all BS and they lose by 14 but one can only hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

km79 wrote: »
    Predict Rochfords starting 15 and the exact positions they will play so ......
    PressRun wrote: »
    Yeah, of all the criticisms that could be levelled at Mayo this year, being predictable is hardly a reasonable one.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/jim-mcguinness-touch-of-anarchy-could-be-mayo-s-secret-weapon-1.2788911

Just back from Irish Tv's Mad for Sam. Really got the buzz going seeing everyone in the mayo gear. Cannot wait for the weekend, really believe that we will do it! UP MAYO

tacofries wrote: »
    Just back from Irish Tv's Mad for Sam. Really got the buzz going seeing everyone in the mayo gear. Cannot wait for the weekend, really believe that we will do it! UP MAYO

Did you get Donaghy's autograph?!

Did you get Donaghy's autograph?!

Hahaha was tempted but the poor fella had a queue of about 20 people around him! In fairness he came across as a sound lad and funny character. Have to echo what he said about the likes of Moran, Dillon, Higgins etc all deserving their moment in fame for hanging in for so long,, Of course the full team deserve it but for those lads in particular time is running out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Hahaha was tempted but the poor fella had a queue of about 20 people around him! In fairness he came across as a sound lad and funny character. Have to echo what he said about the likes of Moran, Dillon, Higgins etc all deserving their moment in fame for hanging in for so long,, Of course the full team deserve it but for those lads in particular time is running out!

Would you think this is the last year for all 3? Or will they be playing for Mayo next year? Or does that depend on the result?

Would you think this is the last year for all 3? Or will they be playing for Mayo next year? Or does that depend on the result?[/]

Win or lose, I feel it could definitely be Dillons last year. Higgins has a few years left in him yet and I'd say Moran would hang on for another year as well especially since he has the gym now so that would help him keep the fitness up.

Time is of the essence though,. These lads have given up their lives for a long long time so hard to see how they could go on much longer!

• Advertisement

Hahaha was tempted but the poor fella had a queue of about 20 people around him! ]b]In fairness he came across as a sound lad and funny character.[/b] Have to echo what he said about the likes of Moran, Dillon, Higgins etc all deserving their moment in fame for hanging in for so long,, Of course the full team deserve it but for those lads in particular time is running out!

Have meet him a good few times over the years and has always came across as sound, for obvious reasons at this stage the Mayo fans hate him on the field though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

In my honest opinion. I think Mayo's chances of winning are slim to none. Dublin are a far superior team and should retain their title.
    I think we could see the highest winning margin of victory in an all Ireland final for 8 years.

Kerry beat Cork by 10 points in 07, Since then 4 points has been the widest margin.

I'll go for a 6/7 point win for Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Rainman16 wrote: »
    In my honest opinion. I think Mayo's chances of winning are slim to none. Dublin are a far superior team and should retain their title.
    I think we could see the highest winning margin of victory in an all Ireland final for 8 years.

Kerry beat Cork by 10 points in 07, Since then 4 points has been the widest margin.

Nah, will be more like a 12/14 point win. Thinking of burning my tickets now

Rainman16 wrote: »

No one cares for your opinion as all you do is troll the Mayo GAA thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=807624&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A&forum=269

Best to keep at the Pokemon game, cause GAA isn't a game you've a inkling about at all going by everything you've posted this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Rainman16 wrote:
    In my honest opinion. I think Mayo's chances of winning are slim to none. Dublin are a far superior team and should retain their title. I think we could see the highest winning margin of victory in an all Ireland final for 8 years.

Rainman16 wrote:

Rainman16 wrote:

That's right ya. Very good, thanks

• Advertisement

McGuinness has a good article in the Times today. The general consensus by many of the various articles is that Mayo can beat Dublin, that we need to have many things to go right and that we have to bring something new.
    The closer I get the less I have of an idea. I keep hearing that Rochford is an astute tactician, I think the same can apply to J Gavin. In fairness this winning streak they have is top notch and the fact we haven't beaten Dublin since 2012 is something they will have at the back of their mind.

Worst case we collapse, we come out of a 10 point loss, worst worse case we lose by a point again.
    Best case everything for once comes good for us, no early goals conceded, no balls bouncing over the bar, no silly sending offs, no dropping the ball into the keepers hands, press up on the kickouts and drive at the Dubs at every chance. Flood the defence and frustrate.

If we won, I genuinely have zero idea of how I'd react the U21 and Minor and Senior league wins were epic, for my Dads sake and his mate the possibility of attending finals is diminishing rapidly, from him bringing me and my siblings and then my turn to drive them around the country to when the car was too low and moved to bus, now after hip ops the bus is too tight and all that is left is the train. With sticks now in hand these lads who for me and many of my friends involved in schools and club football are the corner stone of why we played, stayed playing and followed Mayo all over the country. They've never been to a Mayo senior team winning an AI final, both were too young for the 51 game to be able to go, after 8 (including replays) finals and no wins, to steal the phrase "To win just once".

I'm going to sign off out of here as my passion could turn into a heart attack the closer we get. Hope ye all enjoy the game, I'm hoping not to be on here for a week.

"just once!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yop wrote:
    I'm going to sign off out of here as my passion could turn into a heart attack the closer we get. Hope ye all enjoy the game, I'm hoping not to be on here for a week.

Getting there too Yop. Lots of fairweather lads on now churning out the same old stuff, I've become one too.

It's always been close between the two teams nothing points at anything different.

Good luck lads. That Mayo podcast last night summed up most things for me too.

I still get annoyed when lads that should know better talk about Keegan's miss last time out, in fairness to him and McCarthy the ball was half blocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gigantic09

If we won, I genuinely have zero idea of how I'd react the U21 and Minor and Senior league wins were epic, for my Dads sake and his mate the possibility of attending finals is diminishing rapidly, from him bringing me and my siblings and then my turn to drive them around the country to when the car was too low and moved to bus, now after hip ops the bus is too tight and all that is left is the train.

Maybe Enda might cement his legacy by extending the royal/grand canal to castlebar,thereby opening up a route direct to the Davin standMite take 2 weeks to get there but it'd be some craic on the way home if we won.

I see the forecast is poor for Sunday at the present time.What is the consensus re it's likely affect on the match outcome?TBH I hope it's spilling rain... LOL..Half in jest I say same but I think a lower scoring,attritional contest might give us a better chance.As Prouddub may not get his wish for our Aido to dragged all over the park.

Dublin fared quite well with same last September and ground out a victory against us in league in the midst of the monsoon season in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭maximus15

There is no doubting on form this year, Mayo should lose this by least 6 points!!
    But there is plenty of members of this squad who know that games are not won on past form.
    If that was the case we wouldn't have beat reigning all Ireland champions Cork in 2011 or the Dubs in the epic 2012 semi final so belief wont be lacking in our Boys.

Add in the likes of diarmuid, Cohen, Hall and Loftus who have been in an All Ireland Final with minors in 2013 ( Conor Lane refereed that game!!) and came away that day with winners medal and same lads tasted success with under 21s this year so they know whats it is like to be winners in Croker on finals day and wont want the losing feeling anytime soon.

Finally Rocheford brought a well drilled Corofin team to Croke Park on Paddys Day 2015 and on his first attempt in a final as manager, brought the cup down west. Mcentee of course a winner from his Armagh days.

There is plenty of winners in this mayo squad and on the line, along with the experienced players who may have not won a final yet but know how to win games when very few have given them a chance in the past in some big days in Croker.

This combination should be good enough to have us all leaving Croke Park on Sunday evening with a feeling we have waited all our lives to experience!!

Bring it Home Lads!!!

Stoner wrote: »
    Getting there too Yop. Lots of fairweather lads on now churning out the same old stuff, I've become one too.

It's always been close between the two teams nothing points at anything different.

Good luck lads. That Mayo podcast last night summed up most things for me too.

I still get annoyed when lads that should know better talk about Keegan's miss last time out, in fairness to him and McCarthy the ball was half blocked.

Probably going to keep away from it myself for the next few days and just observe from a distance.

Enjoy the game all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

maximus15 wrote: »
    There is no doubting on form this year, Mayo should lose this by least 6 points!!
    But there is plenty of members of this squad who know that games are not won on past form.
    If that was the case we wouldn't have beat reigning all Ireland champions Cork in 2011 or the Dubs in the epic 2012 semi final so belief wont be lacking in our Boys.

Add in the likes of diarmuid, Cohen, Hall and Loftus who have been in an All Ireland Final with minors in 2013 ( Conor Lane refereed that game!!) and came away that day with winners medal and same lads tasted success with under 21s this year so they know whats it is like to be winners in Croker on finals day and wont want the losing feeling anytime soon.

Finally Rocheford brought a well drilled Corofin team to Croke Park on Paddys Day 2015 and on his first attempt in a final as manager, brought the cup down west. Mcentee of course a winner from his Armagh days.

There is plenty of winners in this mayo squad and on the line, along with the experienced players who may have not won a final yet but know how to win games when very few have given them a chance in the past in some big days in Croker.

This combination should be good enough to have us all leaving Croke Park on Sunday evening with a feeling we have waited all our lives to experience!!

Bring it Home Lads!!!

I would love to see Mayo win Sunday and there is always a chance in a two horse race. Everything you have said above is true and may come to pass except the bit about The club final. Corofin should have one an all ireland a year or so before they did. They had the best club panel in the country for 5 years but it took Rochford to channel everything in the right direction. But they were overwhelming favourites to win that final once Vincent's were beaten.

But I hope he is a lucky general for Mayo. It won't be for lack of preparation. He is exceptional and if he doesn't win this Sunday, he will deliver in the next few years. But this Dublin panel is so strong and Mayo just have not played for any great spell in any game this year.

Mayo by two so!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

maximus15 wrote: »

Bring it Home Lads!!!

I would love to see Mayo win Sunday and there is always a chance in a two horse race. Everything you have said above is true and may come to pass except the bit about The club final. Corofin should have one an all ireland a year or so before they did. They had the best club panel in the country for 5 years but it took Rochford to channel everything in the right direction. But they were overwhelming favourites to win that final once Vincent's were beaten.

But I hope he is a lucky general for Mayo. It won't be for lack of preparation. He is exceptional and if he doesn't win this Sunday, he will deliver in the next few years. But this Dublin panel is so strong and Mayo just have not played for any great spell in any game this year.

Mayo by two so!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Probably going to keep away from it myself for the next few days and just observe from a distance.

Enjoy the game all.

That's probably a wise course of action and one I'm likely to take myself.

Simply can't get enough Mayo News podcasts!

Host Rob Murphy and John Gunnigan of the Mayo GAA Blog continue the countdown to Sunday,as they take a look at what the pundits and papers are saying.
    Plus, we hear from Connacht rugby coach Pat Lam,and Sky Sports GAA duo Seán Randle and Dave Lawrence talk about following the fortunes of the Mayo football team.

http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/listen/football-podcast/28565-audio-football-podcast-17-the-all-ireland-final-preview

• Advertisement

Really enjoyable piece from Malachy Clerkin in the IT this week
    All-Ireland final: A Mayo win means all we know is wrong

What will we do with ourselves if Mayo win on Sunday? Anybody thought of that? We can spend the week mulling over the various ifs and ands and wherefores but has anybody really allowed themselves a minute to consider the consequences of Cillian O’Connor lifting Sam? These are volatile times and serious men ought to give this some thought.
    Imagine living in a world where Mayo were All-Ireland champions. We would have to decommission the term marquee forward. Somebody call up the OED and tell them to get their Tipp-Ex out. From this point on, you only get to say “marquee forward” when you’re directing someone who is baloobas drunk around the Electric Picnic by the elbow.
    Mayo, God Help Us? That would have to go too. What would we do then? Roscommon, God Help Us doesn’t have the same ring. Galway, God Help Us sounds like a craft beer. One of those 6.3 per cent by volume ones that leaves you bent double over the bowl crying for your maker the following morning.
    The Saw Doctors would have a bit of tweaking to do as well. Some of the lyrics of The Green And Red Of Mayo are frankly unbecoming of All-Ireland champions. Soft and craggy bogland is the sort of put-upon, woe-is-us imagery that sits just about right with perennial nearly men. Fair to say it doesn’t scream champions.
    If that’s the first line you’re using to define the landscape, think about the message it sends. You’re basically saying, “Sure how can we ever hope to be anything – look where we grew up.” You think Diarmuid Connolly ever had to kick points off soft and craggy bogland? Or Stephen Cluxton run a kick-out drill? Think again, pal.

Brown envelope
    If there was soft and/or craggy bogland anywhere in Dublin, the Corpo would have zoned it decades ago, some developer would have stuffed a brown envelope, some councillor would have had a word, some votes would have been cough-coughed through and some 400 families would be crying to Joe Duffy every winter when the floods come. Tell you what wouldn’t be happening – there wouldn’t be some soppy ballad raining down from the stands in Croker about it.

So that would have to be given a quiet burial. And The Curse, obviously. We’d have to pull stumps on The Curse of ’51. The one apparently imposed by a priest giving a funeral in Foxford who took umbrage at the homecoming in 1951 and the team’s overly loud yahooing as they passed through town while he was conducting his business. Father Crankypants shook his fist and said as long as they all shall live, Mayo will never win another All-Ireland.
    All nonsense, of course. That said, they might just take the view though that you can’t be too careful. Put it this way – whoever was deciding the route home on Monday would want to be checking the local notices for any funerals in Foxford on the way back west. Tell the driver to steer well clear of any potentially grumpy priests. Like, Swinford clear.
    Imagine there happened to be one. Some poor soul who passed on over the weekend and didn’t even get to see them win the bloody thing. Lying in repose in Foxford on Monday when the local padre gets word that the cup is coming. What happens next?
    Who tempts fate in those circumstances? That was a long old 65 years, chaps – anyone feel like chancing 65 more? Thought not. Trappist monks at a silent disco would make more noise than you’d hear on the Mayo bus as it passed through the town. Somebody would have to sedate Lee Keegan with a tranquiliser gun. And they would, too.
    Mayo as All-Ireland champions. How will we cope? We won’t have Nixon to kick around anymore. No more jokes about the gang that couldn’t shoot straight. No more sad heroes. We’ll never hear Ciaran McDonald’s name again. Liam McHale can go back to being an ex-basketball star. Pat McEnaney can go to Westport on holiday.
    Dinner dance
    Will Galway bate Mayo? Doesn’t matter, Willie Joe or no. They’re All-Ireland champions and managed to throw Galway an oul’ win along the way just to get their hopes up. That will fairly take the legs out from under the end-of-year Galway GAA dinner dance. Maybe they’ll get Aidan O’Shea along to hand out the Connacht medals.
    Ah here, this is starting to get scary. Mayo as overlords. Mayo as the guy who gets the girl. Mayo played by George Clooney instead of Paul Giamatti. Everything we know will be wrong.

Famine
    If Mayo win the All-Ireland, who will we cry about then? Whose famine do we adopt as our own? Cavan haven’t won since 1952, Roscommon since 1944, Kildare since 1928. Sure when will any of them be in a final again? Or anywhere close to one? Mayo are interesting because Mayo, like the poor, are always with us. But if they win the All-Ireland, will they even be Mayo anymore?
    These are questions of philosophy, of psychology, of theology almost. Nearly makes you hope for a Dublin win, just so we don’t have to delve too deep into them.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/all-ireland-final-a-mayo-win-means-all-we-know-is-wrong-1.2790121

Very sad to hear of the passing of Greg Maher after a long illness. Played for Mayo along with his brother Sean. Had the pleasure of having a pint with him after the drawn game with Dublin last year, absolute gentleman. R.I.P. Greg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

I have a feeling Mayo will win it...no sense, logic or reason behind that thought.

Dublin have won the last 4 All-Ireland finals they have played in, Mayo have lost the last 7 they have contested.
    Surely the law of averages would suggest that the run of fortune in finals for both teams would have to break at some point. Let's hope it happens Sunday!

Very sad to hear of the passing of Greg Maher after a long illness. Played for Mayo along with his brother Sean. Had the pleasure of having a pint with him after the drawn game with Dublin last year, absolute gentleman. R.I.P. Greg.

Very sad

Wasn't Sean a late call up to the team in the 1989 final or was it Greg ?

Very sad

A little before my time but Sean definitely played in the final I'm sure. We had the video of that game when I was young, watched it umpteen times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Agreed Fr T. With all thats written this week or so, Malcahy Clerkin piece is one of the best :D

Terribly sad,only a young man and a great servant of Mayo GAA like his brother.RIP.

Very sad

Greg was the late call up,Sean started in the middle of the park.Open to correction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I'm neutral well i'm not from Mayo or Dublin but would love to see Mayo win on Sunday, realistically the game is not as clear cut as most are saying, a year ago Mayo should have beaten Dublin in the replay and of course drew the first day, the gap has surely not got so wide in the space of a year that Mayo can't win. Dublin are heavy favorites and based on form they deserve to be, Mayo have managed to get to an AI final without playing to 80% of their potential, usually there's been lots of hype about Mayo when they head into an AI final and ended up peaking in the QF or SF, this year might well be the year Mayo get it right in the final, nobody expects them to win but they are certainly capable of doing so. Would love to see ye list Sam on Sunday above any other county in hurling or football ye deserve it.

• Advertisement

Hi everybody, Was meant to have two tickets in my hand today but that went ar*e ways and now have none. I have attached a screenshot of my season ticket from last year to show you that I am actually a genuine proper fan. Reason the season ticket wasn't renewed is because it was setup up on an email address which I stopped using so ended up missing the deadline.

The link shows attendance at 83% but it was actually higher because one of the games didn't record. That works out at an attendance of 11 out of 12 matches.

Basically if anyone here feels that at any stage before Sunday you might have the slightest chance of coming across a spare ticket then please please could you pm me so that I could send you my number!

Really really worried that I won't get one now so if there is any hope at all then please please pm me.

Thanks,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement