Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Jobseekers/Newstart Allowance

• 02-09-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭

Howdy all

I'm currently in Ireland but will be returning to Australia in a few weeks. I need to look for work when I get there but want to apply for jobseekers allowance as soon as I get there. I'm pretty sure I meet the eligibility requirements (age, residency etc). I've tried to wade through the centrelink/dhs website but I'm finding it difficult to find what I want. I think I need to book an appointment with my local Centrelink centre (Moreland in Brunswick, VIC) but can't find an international phone number or an online application form or email address - very frustrating!!

Has anyone been through this process before? Can I apply online or do I need to book an appointment? Does anyone know what the limitations are with regards to cash in my bank account or assets? Thanks heaps!

Advertisement