Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit daily limit

Options
  • 02-09-2015 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi,

Can I double check if there is a limit on visa debit transactions per day?

For example, I want to purchase a car, will the visa debit card be okay for this or would a bank draft be better?

I know there is a withdrawal limit from ATMs but I'm not sure if the same applies to POS transactions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi AGoodison, 

Thank you for for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Once the funds are available on an account, there are no limits applied by Bank of Ireland when making purchases on your Visa Debit Card. Some retailers may have what we call 'floor limits' in place, which may mean that they can only authorise a certain amount by card. As such, we would always suggest speaking with the merchant prior to your purchase to avoid any disappointment. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement