Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Library: How do you find the customer service?

Options
  • 02-09-2015 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I really like the new library. The location and layout. But since it's open I found the customer service to be lacking. From day one they been on about using the self service machines almost getting annoyed at people for not using them. Sometimes people just rather go to a human then a machine.

An example of what I mean just happen Tuesday. I was picking up a video game and DVD. You can check out Books & DVD's via the self service machine but not video games.

I went to the counter to check them out. Two members of staff where behind the counter and were just chatting. Both ignored me. A third member of staff came off the floor to serve me. I handed her the two items I wanted to borrow. The DVD was on top and she told me straight away that I could check those out myself. I told her could not as one of the items was a video game. She told me again I could check them out as there were both DVD's. I repeated again saying one of the items was a game. When she looked again she saw that it was.

In mean time another man had come over asking the two staff members who were talking about some help he need with the computer. The man had his teenage son with him. The staff member kept asking the teenage son could he not help his dad with the computer issue. She must ask him three or four times and he was clearly uncomfortable and didn't say anything. The father finally said his very shy and doesn't talk much.

I got my items and left. As I was leaving the alarm went off. She didn't check out my DVD when she checked out my game. That right even do I brought both items to the counter she still wanted me to check out the DVD via the machine. Because you know that thirty seconds it would have took her to do it would have just ruined her day.

This happen on a Tuesday after five o'clock. There were four members of staff and only handful of people in the library. Most of those people were just reading the papers/magazine or on their own computers. It wasn't busy.

It always seems like this. The staff never seem keen or helpful with people who need help with the computer stuff, checking items out etc

How does everyone else find it?

Advertisement