Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Screen Faulty Repair Recommendations Please...

• 02-09-2015 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Can anyone Recommend somewhere in South Dublin i can get a laptop screen repaired,

it is like if you drew a line half way down one side is fine the other has vertical lines and now sometimes if i move the screnn up and down the screen picture goes like as if its scrambled

if anybody can help me with someone who might be able to help me were i can get it repaired correctly

Many thanks you can Pm me too ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Buy a replacement screen and do it yourself, very very simple. You'll spare 60-70 euro easy. YouTube is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

torrevieja wrote: »
    Can anyone Recommend somewhere in South Dublin i can get a laptop screen repaired,

it is like if you drew a line half way down one side is fine the other has vertical lines and now sometimes if i move the screnn up and down the screen picture goes like as if its scrambled

if anybody can help me with someone who might be able to help me were i can get it repaired correctly

Laser computers Dundrum. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

torrevieja wrote: »

Laser computers Dundrum. Sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

RossieMan wrote: »
    Buy a replacement screen and do it yourself, very very simple. You'll spare 60-70 euro easy. YouTube is your friend.

This. Get a screen off eBay. All you need is a small screwdriver. 5 minute job.

• Advertisement

trust me

90 euro 6 months guarantee or :

130 euro 12 months guarantee

which would you go for ?

90 euro option. You're getting seriously ripped off though, its a 5 minute job.

RossieMan wrote: »
    90 euro option. You're getting seriously ripped off though, its a 5 minute job.

I know Yea I know what u mean but if it's 60-70 for screen and uk postage and it's only really costing me 20 euro more with a guarantee

What good is a guarantee on a screen? It won't break within 6 months, unless you drop it. Which won't be covered anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Is it the screen? It might be the cable.

beauf wrote: »
    Is it the screen? It might be the cable.

Exactly I want to see which one it is first no point buying a screen rossi and it's not that anyway as I said already even if it's the screen it's only 20 euro more

Advertisement