Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price of Dublin Hotel Bed Nights.

• 03-09-2015 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭

In the forthcoming budget I hope the Minister takes the opportunity to increase the tax on bed nights in Dublin, the industry can afford to carry it now. Dublin bed nights are usually from tourists, rugby internationals etc.

Last Saturday I was quoted €199 for a double room in a four star hotel not far from Wicklow Street.

Would also see like to see a way where holders of Irish Passports, Driving Licenses and especially Irish Pensioners who hold a valid card are entitled to a 10% discount at the point of payment.

This extra revenue might be ring fenced to help homeless people in Dublin.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

All that would happen would be that Irish would get the price we have at the moment and then tourists would be hit for an extra 10% which in turn would hit the tourism industry thus hitting retail and services too.

Why would we touch hotels?, leave the government as far away from price fixing in the private sector as possible would be my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,713 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Xenophile wrote: »
    In the forthcoming budget I hope the Minister takes the opportunity to increase the tax on bed nights in Dublin, the industry can afford to carry it now. Dublin bed nights are usually from tourists, rugby internationals etc.

Last Saturday I was quoted €199 for a double room in a four star hotel not far from Wicklow Street.

Would also see like to see a way where holders of Irish Passports, Driving Licenses and especially Irish Pensioners who hold a valid card are entitled to a 10% discount at the point of payment.
    Why on earth would we want to disincentivise foreign residents from coming to stay in Irish hotels?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This isn't a suitable thread for this forum.

Closed.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement