Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard drive upgrade

Options
  • 03-09-2015 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I bought myself a 2TB disc some months ago to replace the 500GB in my PS4. I would like to backup the contents of what's on their first saving me re-downloading my PSN+ games and reinstalling my disc based games. I know there is a backup facility on the PS4.

So my question is, if I stick the 2TB drive in a USB caddy, and use the inbuilt backup on the PS4 to back it up to that hard drive, copy across the latest firmware and then stick in the drive, will it work ? or does the firmware installation have to format the hard drive as well thus losing any backed up data that's on there ? I don't have a spare drive with 500GB free space (other than the 2TB one) on it to back it up to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Scrap that question. I've read you cant backup the game files anyway, only the game saves. I'll be able to stick that on a USB stick.

Advertisement