Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Puppy left on its own

• 03-09-2015 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Not sure what to about this issue as I'm a big dog lover! my next door neighbours got a new puppy 2 weeks ago (not sure why they didn't get it a the start of the summer when kids were around). Since last week, when the kids started back at school and adults back at work, the dog has been left on its own in the garden every day.

personally, I don't think this is right, as a puppy should have as much stimulation and company in their early life. I'm just not sure what to do here as I get on with the neighbours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Offer to take the puppy for a walk every day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭chewed

Doesn't that depend on how old the pup is and if it's got all its vaccinations? OP, how old is the pup?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Barney224

yes, I think its too early to offer walking the dog as it hasn't got all its shots yet. not sure of age but its not more than 2 months yet I'd guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

If you're friendly with them, what about offering that you can drop in and have a game of fetch once a day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Its not up to the OP to be entertaining the neighbours dog, unless he really wants to! Legally theres nothing you can do if the dog has shelter, food, water and is healthy, although some spca may be willing to intervene as its a young pup. Hopefully they take the poor thing in come evening? As your friendly with the neighbours all you can do is try to point out to them how unfair it is to leave the dog all day alone, and how damaging it is to the pups development socially. Makes me mad people who do this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Pac2015

This is a good idea a pup can be walked the way you work it out for how long is 5-10 mins for every month of their life depending on size so if its small you would use the 5 min rule x 10 weeks so really that only works out to a max 15 minute walk or ask them can you call in and mind it for an hour, maybe also say you have watched a programme on telly about pups and it suggests not leaving it on its own all day, where did they adopt from because I am pretty sure most reputable rescues would have advised them not to leave the dog alone all day, plus why is it out in the garden all the time this is not acceptable and does it have shelter?

Advertisement