Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gibraltar vs Republic of Ireland - Friday Sep 4 2015 - 19:45 - RTE2

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Nice one Georgia

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Have to back you on this one llyod , declare and be done with it. At the end of the day he did play underage for ireland

I'm just looking for peoples opinion on his situation. It would be great if he decides to play for us and I wouldn't hold a grudge if he's holding out on other options. I get loyds point but for me personally I would just be glad if we got somebody of his potential singed up.

Isnt there financial differences when deciding to play for either country?

At least if he did cap for us he would be near guaranteed his place imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Whenever he makes his mind up and if it's for us, I'll welcome him but until he decides, I'm not bothered and I hate the whole circus that have been following him and asking every Tom, Dick and Harry about it, just let the led decide himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm just looking for peoples opinion on his situation. It would be great if he decides to play for us and I wouldn't hold a grudge if he's holding out on other options. I get loyds point but for me personally I would just be glad if we got somebody of his potential singed up.

Isnt there financial differences when deciding to play for either country?

At least if he did cap for us he would be near guaranteed his place imo

I would say its abit mad to hold out for this long though. I know its a big decision but at the end of the day sit down ask who will I play for first and do that .
    On the financial side I can't see there being much of a diference other then personal sponsorships and after that not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Feck it, i take it back, do your worse Georgia!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

while a draw is better than nothing for us, we really need a georgia win... Come on Georgia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Someone work out it out. Does a draw put us ahead of Scotland or is it head to head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

So if it stays the same, we only have to match Scotland's results against Poland and Germany, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

head to head

niallo27 wrote: »
    Someone work out it out. Does a draw put us ahead of Scotland or is it head to head

Pretty sure it's head to head

• Advertisement

it puts us a point ahead... so we only have to match their results v germany and poland and we qualify. if they draw, we have to better them, which i wouldnt fancy...

that said if ireland go to poland with a nothing to lose match and poland are already through, who knows what could happen...

if scotland get a draw, even if we finish level on points with them, they go through due to head v head results... we really need a georgia win...

• Lads can somebody pm me 'some information' on how I can watch RTE 2 outside of Ireland please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

niallo27 wrote: »

Head to head

Idbatterim wrote: »
    it puts us a point ahead... so we only have to match their results v germany and poland and we qualify. if they draw, we have to better them, which i wouldnt fancy...

that said if ireland go to poland with a nothing to lose match and poland are already through, who knows what could happen...

if scotland get a draw, even if we finish level on points with them, they go through due to head v head results... we really need a georgia win...

God damn JOS's arse :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Why is Whelan continually getting a look in this squad?

That_Guy wrote: »

Playing regularly for Stoke?

Christie starting

it wont matter in a match tonight against minnows, but against everyone else...

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Playing regularly for Stoke?

Doesn't necessarily make him good.

• Advertisement

Doesn't necessarily make him good.

Yeah while I agree, you're pretty much automatically in this squad with regular premiership football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

It hink these 18 minutes will decide if we have a chance of qualifying or not. If Scotland level I dont think we have a chance unfortunately!

Feel sorry for David Forde. Given's had his days with Ireland and Forde had been quite solid inbetween the sticks when he has played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Feel sorry for David Forde. Given's had his days with Ireland and Forde had been quite solid inbetween the sticks when he has played.
    Forde is no longer first choice at Millwall. Regular game time is more important for keepers.

Yeah disgrace that Given still starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He is as good as any of the other midfielders. Mccarthy is better but has rarely done it for Ireland.

• Advertisement

yeah this match is critical for our hopes, 76 minutes gone! come on georgia! even if they beat scotland, we will have to do a job against them here on monday, cant take that as a formality! but its a great position to be in... I have nearly E1250 at stake on us qualifying, so safe to say, Im rather anxious at this point...

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Yeah disgrace that Given still starting.

I wouldn't call it disgraceful but I think we need to start looking elsewhere for a long term #1

goal position isnt our main problem, its particularly the weak central midfield...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

How did we lose to this scottish side there awful

Idbatterim wrote: »
    goal position isnt our main problem, its particularly the weak central midfield...

Shame that the good ship Stephen Ireland has sailed because I think he'd do a job for us.

• Advertisement

Answer: Because we're even more awful.

yeah, they were over hyped, a jammy goal v us and a georgia og at home... If they finish third, I hope they dont make it through. They were very arrogant v us... We are no world beaters, but they have no pedigree in recent history of being there or there abouts come the end of the qualifying group and we do...

the georgia scotland match is nearly over, 6 minutes to go, still 1-0 to georgia....

Answer: Because we're even more awful.

touche

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Good stuff Georgia, Just don't do anything silly like concede a goal!

****, close free kick...

Edit: Phew

They'd be calling for the managers head if we lost a game like this I wonder will strachan take much flak for this result

Fucking corners.

4 minutes. Me nerves.

Good lord...blow the whistle!

Cramp. I like it ;)

Well done, Georgia!

I'm going to have a peach in their honour.

YESSS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What a result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Pheew!

YES!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Achtung! Bono

Phew! that was a nervy finish...Good bit of pressure from the Scots...

But, 1-0 win to Georgia in the end.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kirby wrote: »
    We should have. We were the better team on the night. And it could cost us. I still think Scotland are going to drop points to Georgia so its not completely over yet.

Called it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

well that was a nice result :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Now to draw with Gibraltar :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Georgia are no joke. Il take a 1-0 against them on monday.

• Great result!!!

• Advertisement

Yes!! Great result!

Advertisement