Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Leane Boat Hire

Options
  • 03-09-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi,

For all of this week I've been trying to hire a boat on Lough Leane for this Sunday. So far 3 people have either ignored my call and message, email or just said they had none for this sunday.

I want to fish the lake (catch and release) and have plenty of experience on midlands lakes of similar size. Any idea why im finding it so hard to get a boat?

Or does anyone know anyone that can I can hire a boat from? :(

Im only staying down sunday to tuesday in the europe and the only day I can fish is the sunday.

Thanks in advance
    Niel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

The Invicta guest house,(not far from Hotel Europe),on the Beaufort side
    I think the mans name is Tom Sweeney,has boats on loch Leane,so he's the man you need to talk to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

invicta wrote: »
    The Invicta guest house,(not far from Hotel Europe),on the Beaufort side
    I think the mans name is Tom Sweeney,has boats on loch Leane,so he's the man you need to talk to!

Yeah I contacted them by email as another poster gave me their details. They replied and said yes and asked me if I had any experience, I explained Ive fished the Midlands lakes for years on hired boats, but they just didn't reply so im struggling now to find anything.

I also left a voice message on his phone but no reply. Very confused

the invicta just got back to me thankfully!! was getting worried! Looks like I will get sorted for the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I have a number for the boat hire person beside Ross Castle. PM me if you need it. Got a boat last May, think it was €55 for boat and engine for day..

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

neil_hosey wrote: »
    the invicta just got back to me thankfully!! was getting worried! Looks like I will get sorted for the day :)

Great. You won't have far to go for the prime trout fishing spots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Hi,

For all of this week I've been trying to hire a boat on Lough Leane for this Sunday. So far 3 people have either ignored my call and message, email or just said they had none for this sunday.

I want to fish the lake (catch and release) and have plenty of experience on midlands lakes of similar size. Any idea why im finding it so hard to get a boat?

Or does anyone know anyone that can I can hire a boat from? :(

Im only staying down sunday to tuesday in the europe and the only day I can fish is the sunday.

Thanks in advance
    Niel

Did you head out? how was the fishing?

sorry i didnt see these replies!

I did go out. We done a good bit of fishing but I had alterior motives that day.

Although we did do some fishing, the plan was to propose to my gf on inisfallen island, which i did :eek:

stunning lake and some great features. Will be back, but there will be more fishing next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

sorry i didnt see these replies!

I did go out. We done a good bit of fishing but I had alterior motives that day.

Although we did do some fishing, the plan was to propose to my gf on inisfallen island, which i did :eek:

stunning lake and some great features. Will be back, but there will be more fishing next time!

What did she say?

Did you leave her out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BOSCO27

Congratulations but tut tut shel want to come fishing every time now.

Heading back in January for more, I doubt there'll be much fishing in Jan though!

She said yes, although I did say to her if she says no, she has to find her own way off the island :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

jaysus your be paying for that fishing trip for the rest of your life best of luck to yea

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Heading back in January for more, I doubt there'll be much fishing in Jan though!

She said yes, although I did say to her if she says no, she has to find her own way off the island :)

congrats!:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

the plan was to propose to my gf on inisfallen island, which i did :eek:

I mean I have promised herself some things over the years so I'd be left off fishing for the day but having to propose so you can go fishing?? You win. :P

Seriously though, congratulations.

Advertisement