Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre whos lieing to whom

Options
  • 03-09-2015 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

So ive had it with you lot ive been waiting over a year for efibre which i was told yes it would be in your area and we even had a rep in my partners shop telling people yes it will be available and you will all come out of the darkages into propper broadband.

Really so where is it. 

Let me start with this you ring me more times that my mother in june saying would you like to sign up to efibre as it will be available in your area soon.
    I say yes please please make my internet faster at the moment i pay for 7 and i get 4, so July comes around and the cabinet is done in the village which i live 5 mins outside off. I get more calls saying efibre is available and i say awsome sign me up, then i get oh wait on the phone its not, as you dont reach the cabinet BUT we can make your speeds faster and bring you up to 7mg speed. 

Sooo i say why not its a little faster. I then go through all the information with Debbie who was very nice and took all my details and says there will be a guy out to install next week"this still being in July" so weeks go by and no one calls and i get no emails with the update to my account.

Then on monday phone rings "hi this is dan from eircom would you like to sign up for efibre so i say yes please is it available, it sure is he says "me knowing its not" so i say sign me up AGAIN and then Dan oh wait there is a prob with the system im going to put you onto support, them mohamad in support says nope you dont reach the cabinet so im passed back to dan who says well i can sign you up for faster 7mgs and i say well dan i did all this with debbie in july and havnt heard diddly squat from her so why should i trust you to do it.

He apolagises and says im sorry that Debbie didn't do it right but i assure you ill be doing it now. so i say ok and give all the details again and then dan says "opps system is not responding

"Seriously are you using DOS in the office ???

Dan says he will call back when system is up and running so i say no problem and hang up. Right here is the end i just get another call and sean says efibre is available and would i like to sign up.

so here is my solution if you ring once more you better well damned come down here and install the real efibre or im getting on to consumer complaints as you are selling me false information. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Eddieb wrote: »
    So ive had it with you lot ive been waiting over a year for efibre which i was told yes it would be in your area and we even had a rep in my partners shop telling people yes it will be available and you will all come out of the darkages into propper broadband.

Really so where is it. 

Let me start with this you ring me more times that my mother in june saying would you like to sign up to efibre as it will be available in your area soon.
    I say yes please please make my internet faster at the moment i pay for 7 and i get 4, so July comes around and the cabinet is done in the village which i live 5 mins outside off. I get more calls saying efibre is available and i say awsome sign me up, then i get oh wait on the phone its not, as you dont reach the cabinet BUT we can make your speeds faster and bring you up to 7mg speed. 

Sooo i say why not its a little faster. I then go through all the information with Debbie who was very nice and took all my details and says there will be a guy out to install next week"this still being in July" so weeks go by and no one calls and i get no emails with the update to my account.

Then on monday phone rings "hi this is dan from eircom would you like to sign up for efibre so i say yes please is it available, it sure is he says "me knowing its not" so i say sign me up AGAIN and then Dan oh wait there is a prob with the system im going to put you onto support, them mohamad in support says nope you dont reach the cabinet so im passed back to dan who says well i can sign you up for faster 7mgs and i say well dan i did all this with debbie in july and havnt heard diddly squat from her so why should i trust you to do it.

He apolagises and says im sorry that Debbie didn't do it right but i assure you ill be doing it now. so i say ok and give all the details again and then dan says "opps system is not responding

"Seriously are you using DOS in the office ???

Dan says he will call back when system is up and running so i say no problem and hang up. Right here is the end i just get another call and sean says efibre is available and would i like to sign up.

so here is my solution if you ring once more you better well damned come down here and install the real efibre or im getting on to consumer complaints as you are selling me false information. 
    Hi Eddieb

I'm very sorry to hear of this and it's clear to see apologies are certainly in order for the disappointing level of customer care offered so far.

Please Feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further for you

Many thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Beware of agreeing to anything. You may be committing to a new 18 month contract if you do. I don't think you should agree to increasing your speed up to 7 meg. That's an implied 18 month new contract if you do it. Insist on Efibre or nothing. They're using sneaky tricks to tie you in again, otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Eddieb

I have not yet received a PM from you, Please feel free to PM me anytime.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement