Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading to Fibre Problem

Options
  • 03-09-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello

I upgraded to an eFibre Business account on the 11th of August and was told on the 26th to call Eircom so they could sort it out as eFibre would be available to our line on that date.

On the 26th I called and booked the technician to set us up for the 2nd of September.
    No one arrived yesterday (the 2nd), no one even called.

So today I rang Eircom to see what was going on. I must have called at least a dozen times and no one could help me, Each time I was asked for my a/c number then put on hold or just cut off.

Finally I got through to someone and she told me that eFibre wasn't even in my area, she then said to hold the line while 'tech support' sorts out our line. Was disconnected after 10mins.

I rang again and a different Eircom rep said eFibre IS available on our line and it needs to be set up. The person I spoke to on the 26th had problems and never set our line up for eFibre and a technician was never even booked to come on the 2nd.

Could anyone help on this issue? Or does anyone know a number I can ring to finally sort this mess out.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hello

I upgraded to an eFibre Business account on the 11th of August and was told on the 26th to call Eircom so they could sort it out as eFibre would be available to our line on that date.

On the 26th I called and booked the technician to set us up for the 2nd of September.
    No one arrived yesterday (the 2nd), no one even called.

So today I rang Eircom to see what was going on. I must have called at least a dozen times and no one could help me, Each time I was asked for my a/c number then put on hold or just cut off.

Finally I got through to someone and she told me that eFibre wasn't even in my area, she then said to hold the line while 'tech support' sorts out our line. Was disconnected after 10mins.

I rang again and a different Eircom rep said eFibre IS available on our line and it needs to be set up. The person I spoke to on the 26th had problems and never set our line up for eFibre and a technician was never even booked to come on the 2nd.

Could anyone help on this issue? Or does anyone know a number I can ring to finally sort this mess out.

Thanks
    I'm very sorry to hear of this negative experience whiteRascal

Please do feel free to PM me your full name, contact number & address of where you wish to have service in place.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 43 whiteRascal

PM sent Alan.

Just a question if anyone could answer, I was told our line could get Efibre by one rep and told by another our line could not.

Has anyone else experienced this problem in upgrading and if so what was the cause? I was told it might be a problem with not enough ports available at the cabinet. 

If I was told we could get Efibre and signed up to a 24 month contract only to find out that we cannot get it, wouldn't that void the contract I signed?

I did as you asked Alan and still have not heard anything back from you.

Would really like to get this problem sorted as its been nearly two weeks since I booked a technician to set up fibre and each time i call Eircom i'm put on hold for 10-15mins only to be transferred or cut off. 

This customer service is an appsolute joke. Two weeks of ringing up Eircom, must have at least 10 different names of Eircom reps who said they would sort this problem out and call me back, I never received a call back from any of them.

I did as you asked Alan and still have not heard anything back from you.

Would really like to get this problem sorted as its been nearly two weeks since I booked a technician to set up fibre and each time i call Eircom i'm put on hold for 10-15mins only to be transferred or cut off. 

This customer service is an appsolute joke. Two weeks of ringing up Eircom, must have at least 10 different names of Eircom reps who said they would sort this problem out and call me back, I never received a call back from any of them.
    I'm very sorry for the delays whiteRascal

Could you please PM me your mobile number and an appropriate time for you to take a call from me?

Thanks
    Al

PM sent Al, waiting for your call.

• Advertisement

Thanks for taking the call whiteRascal, I'll get back to you asap

Cheers
    Al

Thanks for the call Al.

Could you get back to me when you can in relation to the contract we signed on the 11th of August regarding the upgrade to Efibre, which you informed me that we cannot get because of distance from the exchange.

Even though the news was disappointing it was great to finally hear back off someone from Eircom on this issue.

Thank you Al for your help.

Thanks for the call Al.

Could you get back to me when you can in relation to the contract we signed on the 11th of August regarding the upgrade to Efibre, which you informed me that we cannot get because of distance from the exchange.

Even though the news was disappointing it was great to finally hear back off someone from Eircom on this issue.

Thank you Al for your help.
    You're more than welcome whiteRascal

I'm still awaiting clarification from the business services centre and It may be tomorrow morning before I have an update for you.

I'll be in touch as soon as I do have clarification though

Thanks
    Al

Hey Al, 

Got any update for me? 

Hey Al, 

Got any update for me? 
    Apologies whiteRascal

I will aim to have an update before close of business today. I know how frustrating this must be and I'll get back to you ASAP

Thanks
    Al 

• Advertisement

I didn't receive your call today Al and seeing as its after 5 and Eircom business hours are closed, it will be next week before I hear back from you. I understand that you are trying your best to get clarification from the business services centre, as you said. But its going into the 3rd week of having this problem and getting no where. 

I have completely given up on ringing Eircoms customer service. I requested a call back from a supervisor only to be told by the rep they don't do call backs......So he put me on hold for 30mins and then I was disconnected. 

Could you get back to me soon as you get an update Al, thanks.

Still no call back from you Al. I thought we would finally get this sorted after weeks of false promises which started with being straight up lied to by an Eircom (Eir) sales rep. 

Only option for us now is to probably cancel our account and if we cannot do that without being charged then I will have to contact ComReg, as we were promised a service which we cannot even get only to be tied to a 24month contract. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Just contact ComReg, I had to do it to sort out billing issues with Eircom when they had two months to look into the issue.
    Again, 6 months later, was overcharged, this time Alan here sorted it.

Now I want to sign up to Fibre, and have been quoted an obscene amount per month...
    I'm just going to wait for my contract to end and move elsewhere, life's too short to be in contact with Eircom contstantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

I didn't receive your call today Al and seeing as its after 5 and Eircom business hours are closed, it will be next week before I hear back from you. I understand that you are trying your best to get clarification from the business services centre, as you said. But its going into the 3rd week of having this problem and getting no where. 

I have completely given up on ringing Eircoms customer service. I requested a call back from a supervisor only to be told by the rep they don't do call backs......So he put me on hold for 30mins and then I was disconnected. 

Could you get back to me soon as you get an update Al, thanks.
    Al is off this week whiteRascal, I can see that he has escalated this case and I will chase up on it for you. I am unlikely to have any details until later this afternoon.
    Tony

Hi Tony 

Thanks for your reply but I have been told the same story by over half a dozen Eircom reps. The only one who called me back was Al.

When I spoke to Al over a week ago, he told me that there was a cap put on our line to only allow about 6mb and that we could not get Fibre because our line was to far away from the exchange.

What we signed up for over a month ago now was EFibre 'up to 100mb', the rep told me that the minimum our line would get was 24mb, so why is our line capped at 6mb? 

We were getting 12mb on a ADSL2 Plus connection for nearly 2 years before an Eircom rep told us we could get EFibre. Which was a complete lie to get us stuck in a contract for 24 months.

So either our line has the cap removed giving us the speed we are paying for, between 12-24mb on a ADSL2 Plus connection. 

Or I want to cancel the current contract we are on considering that we were lied to from the very start.

If you or Al cannot do any of this I will have no other option but to contact ComReg.

I just received my first Eircom bill since we changed to a €40 a month for first 6 months and €60 thereafter package. The total of the bill I got was €77.

How can i be charged nearly twice what I should be paying? For a service i'm not even getting in the first place.

You said you would call me back Al to sort this out. I have been on hold this morning for over an hour to Eircom.

I can take the being lied to by some rep but I will not take being robbed which is exactly what happened here. 

So will any of the Eir reps on this site even acknowledge whats going on here? Or does a problem reach a certain point where you just completely ignore it?

Being told to sign up to Fibre when we can't even get it. The rep assuring us that nothing would change on our end only that we would be paying less, next day our speed is cut to half. Signing up to a deal that clearly stated €40 per month for the first 6 months and €60 there after, the first bill is nearly 80 quid.

How can Eircom keep lying to people and continue to get away with it? And if you don't kick up a fuss when stuff like this happens they will just continue to overcharge you and ignore the problem a paying customer has.

So will any of the Eir reps on this site even acknowledge whats going on here? Or does a problem reach a certain point where you just completely ignore it?

Being told to sign up to Fibre when we can't even get it. The rep assuring us that nothing would change on our end only that we would be paying less, next day our speed is cut to half. Signing up to a deal that clearly stated €40 per month for the first 6 months and €60 there after, the first bill is nearly 80 quid.

How can Eircom keep lying to people and continue to get away with it? And if you don't kick up a fuss when stuff like this happens they will just continue to overcharge you and ignore the problem a paying customer has.
    Hi whiterascal
    I have PMd you on this just now. I can see ticket was raised on this and we are awaiting response.. I have contacted Business manager to speed this up.
    Tony

Hi Tony

You PMd me yesterday about a call back this morning. I didn't receive any call from you.

Should i expect a call from you today before 6? Or will it be Monday?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Hi Tony

You PMd me yesterday about a call back this morning. I didn't receive any call from you.

Regards
    Awful experience for you... don't know how you have any patience left.

• Advertisement

Hi Tony

Regards
    Hi whiteRascal, really sorry about that, you should have had a call. I have chased this again now and my apologies that I have no up date as yet. I do promise that any error on our part will be made right. I will follow up and be back to you on Monday.
    Tony

Hi Tony

I will be awaiting your call on Monday. Hopefully I will be getting this problem resolved once and for all and not just another apology about errors on your end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Your optimism evades me

Advertisement