Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I make this weed go away?

Options
  • 03-09-2015 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

What is it and how do I kill it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Isn't it clover.
    I'd guess if you want you can get selective feed and weed applications for lawns, ask in garden centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Looks like clover to me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Looks like clover. It's very good for the soil and for the bees.

If you really want rid of it you can get a tub of weed and feed from a garden centre.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what's wrong with it anyway? it's good for your lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The clover or the creeping buttercup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The clover or the creeping buttercup?

Yes, there is both. The buttercup will take over and make more of a nusiance of itself than the clover.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

I have lots of creeping buttercup here amongst other things but the buttercups are the worst. I use an agricultural product called mortone that is for the control of broadleaved weeds in grassland and it works great and does nothing to the grass but stunt it a little for a couple of weeks which is no bad thing when you can't get out to mow cos the weather is crap.

Advertisement