Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop screen faulty

Options
  • 03-09-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Can anyone Recommend somewhere in South Dublin i can get a laptop screen repaired,

it is like if you drew a line half way down one side is fine the other has vertical lines and now sometimes if i move the screnn up and down the screen picture goes like as if its scrambled

if anybody can help me with someone who might be able to help me were i can get it repaired correctly

Many thanks you can Pm me too ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Sounds a bit like a loose video connector cable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

is there someone i can bring it to without been ripped off ? who can at least give me a quote

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

torrevieja wrote: »
    is there someone i can bring it to without been ripped off ? who can at least give me a quote

If you're comforatable opening the laptop the connector is usually a ribbon type job. Should be relatively easy to access and check to see if it's securely seated.

id break it

was in touch with a guy today who fixes broken screens and i told him what was wrong but i dont know how he would know without even seeing it i smell a rat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

How do you think we have an idea what the problem is? Anyone who has fixed a few laptops gets to recognise signs of common of problems.

• Advertisement

was it may be only the VGA cable and then he charges me for a screen which it may be not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

torrevieja wrote: »
    was it may be only the VGA cable and then he charges me for a screen which it may be not

Unless you can find two different shops to diagnose the problem for free, you're not going to be able to confirm the issue. Just find a place and get a quote for the repair.

Advertisement