Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300euro deposit problem

Options
  • 03-09-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi!
    1 month before we have set up direct debit we have paid 300 euro deposit.
    Recently we having finance trouble & I tried to get our deposit back over the phone, but unfortunately customer service representatives can view only 14-15 months or so backwards.
    Problem here is that deposit was paid in 2007 & never recovered.
    Over the phone I was advised to contact Electric Ireland via email.
    I found this website & I thought I can sort it out here.
    I have each & every bill since I started being a customer, as well as direct debit authorization letter from 2007. 
    Looking forward to hear from you.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi dzachec,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Security deposits would normally be returned after 14 months, or 6 clear bills. If you ever set up a direct debit on the account, it would have been reversed automatically.

So that we can investigate this for you, can you please confirm the following details for us by private message:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    Thanks,
    David

Advertisement