Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord is angry because of ambulance

Options
  • 03-09-2015 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I just moved to an apartment, its a rebuild part a-side a existing house.
    When I moved here I told the lady that my girlfriend is planning to move here also, and she said it was no problem whats-o-ever and that many people have lived here together.

A few days ago my girlfriend got really ill, passes out and laying on the kitchen floor for hours because I'm at work. Right side of her body that does not respond anymore and yesterday she had really pain in her lungs, so I called 112 and asked for help.

They came by but one guy ringed the wrong door bell, this was yesterday around 10pm so not even that late, we went to hospital but we are home again

The lady just knocked the doorbell and told me that she "did not sign up for this" and told me that she does not want to be woken at night or someone can be i'll if they are living here, that my girlfriend "need to go back where she came from" or "go to hospital" because she has children and don't want anything to do with anything.

OK, I understand but isn't this something against the law? if I sign a contract, can she just complain that if someone needs medical assistance? If she is not in her right, can I go to court with this? just because I don't accept this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Who has children? The landlady?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

:confused: Who knocked in...the neighbour or the landlady? Or is the landlady your neighbour?

Does the neighbour or landlady have kids?

Either way - I'd tell [her] to get the boat. People get sick, that is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

The neighbor is the landlady yes, and yes she has kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Asmooh wrote: »
    The neighbor is the landlady yes, and yes she has kids

Ignore her.

You did absolutely nothing wrong. She cannot ask someone to leave because they got ill and the emergency services called to the wrong door.

She's probably just a grump who likes to complain - I've lived near and rented from a number of them in my day! But if she persists with this nonsense of trying to get your girlfriend to move out then contact Threshold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭StonyIron

That sounds totally unreasonable of your landlady. Of course you're entitled to call an ambulance in an emergency situation.

Also, it's nothing to do with you that the ambulance crew called at the wrong door. If she's got a problem with that, why doesn't she ring them up and make a complaint ... Oh, probably because she just wanted to use it as an excuse to harass a neighbour!

If she continues making racist remarks like that to you, I'd suggest you contact the Gardai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 greeneyes29

very unreasonable, ignore the narky mare !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭StonyIron

The poor self-centred darling, woken up at 10pm by an ambulance trying to possibly save someone's life!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I hope your girlfriend is ok.

I would just ignore your landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

"The lady just knocked the doorbell and told me that she "did not sign up for this" and told me that she does not want to be woken at night or someone can be i'll if they are living here, that my girlfriend "need to go back where she came from" or "go to hospital" because she has children and don't want anything to do with anything."

Wow, what a character. She did "not sign up for this"? Does not want to be "woken up at night by somebody who can be ill"?. News of the day - anybody can urgently need an ambulance in the middle of the night. I guess that if one of her children fell violently ill at 2am she would just watch them die, because she'd be worried about waking the neighbours when the ambulance comes in?

Sorry, bad news - you need to move asap. No point antagonizing her, this kind of people just won't understand, they are locked up in their perfect world.

Also, I seem to recognize your username from another thread, am I correct in remembering you are actually not Irish? In this case, the lady might also have a big nationality/racist chip on her shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Mod Note: Ok, lots of abuse and language thrown around.

If the landlady has issues, then she needs to follow the proper procedure.

Hopefully your girlfriend will be alright. Either way, you should consider looking for alternate accommodation, and find a new place to rent.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement