Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

paying by cheque

• 03-09-2015 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Does anyone do it anymore?

I set up a company recently and got a cheque book in the post.

Don't know what I'm meant to do with it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

write the amount in digits in the box, the amount in text on the lines, add the date and sign your name.
    Write the payee's name on the top line
    draw 2 parallel lines across the middle of the whole thing and write "A/c Payee only" in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

Where can I use them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Buy something.
    Ask if the seller will take a cheque.
    If yes, there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

Buy something.
    Ask if the seller will take a cheque.
    If yes, there.

For example? I need to purchase some mobile phones for my business.

Will it work in Vodafone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I use a cheque in post offices to purchase savings products from NTMA (State Savings).

I used to regularly go in with 3 or 4 thousand in cash -not anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I really surprised, that they gave you a cheque book. I though they were phasing them out. A business visa debit or credit card is the best. Most suppliers wont take cheques, unless they know you personally. They are awkward to lodge(you have to go to the bank versus convenient electronic payment). Plus there is the risk of a bounced cheque.

Advertisement