Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FPL - How many points have you benched?

• 03-09-2015 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

I've had an okay start but am already driven demented by how many points I've benched in the opening weeks - 63 in total. Main offenders so far are Krul, Francis and Ward.

Anyone doing worse than this?

361045.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Yikes that is rough!

I actually had the good fortune of Bellerin not starting the first match and Joe Gomez's 11 points coming off the bench for me.

Nothing too frustrating for me so far, just a clean sheet or two I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

2, 10, 12 and 9 respectively.

I've had Russell Martin on my bench twice when he has scored. Very, very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Guys if we're going to play this game (of tears, sweat, and broken dreams ;) then go to this website and put in your team ID for an eviscerating analysis of your crappy performance to date!

http://anewpla.net/fpl/

For those not familiar with this website: Wait for it to load your Stats and go to the very bottom of the page

Here's my pitiful excuse of a contribution to FPL after 4 weeks:

uflw8ae.jpg

The captains points is a real kick in the nads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Gomez, Redmond and Ward doing all the damage on my bench.

208436.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

bohsman wrote: »
    Gomez, Redmond and Ward doing all the damage on my bench.

208436.png

Lamb.Of.God.

Thank you for that painful addition. I feel marginally better now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

324.png

29 benched points, not terrible. But its disturbing to see my captains have gotten me 16 points over 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

57 on the bench for me. I'm not worried about that though because I don't regret any of the decisions I made and the players on my bench who did well have been increasing in value as a result of doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've left 17 pts on the bench are people sure they are calculating this correctly. Some of the totals seem very high. It would need to be Wilson hat trick , gomez wk 1 and a few other high scorers. Apart from wk 1 I've barely left any points on the bench.

I've left 17 pts on the bench are people sure they are calculating this correctly. Some of the totals seem very high. It would need to be Wilson hat trick , gomez wk 1 and a few other high scorers. Apart from wk 1 I've barely left any points on the bench.
    Are we referring to the total amount of points on our bench or the difference between what we got and what we would have got?

Mine is the total amount of points on my bench and yes includes Wilson, Ward, Targett, Gomez, Sakho all doing some nice things on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    Are we referring to the total amount of points on our bench or the difference between what we got and what we would have got?

Mine is the total amount of points on my bench and yes includes Wilson, Ward, Targett, Gomez, Sakho all doing some nice things on the bench.
    I would think you have to work out what you would've got if you played your strongest eleven. That anewpla thing was giving me 36 benched pts but that's based on playing 15 players so it's pretty meaningless . I'd have got 17 extra points if I played my highest scoring 11 each week is a far more relevant stat I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

37943.png

hmmmmmmm

I would think you have to work out what you would've got if you played your strongest eleven. That anewpla thing was giving me 36 benched pts but that's based on playing 15 players so it's pretty meaningless . I'd have got 17 extra points if I played my highest scoring 11 each week is a far more relevant stat I feel.
    That is a more meaningful stat for sure. I just got the impression that those before me were posting the same (if the OP actually LOST that many points on the bench I'd be seriously worried for him).

My lost points on the bench were a more modest but still large enough 41. I've done quite well so far though so I'm not especially worried for reasons previously stated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

And the moral of this thread is.......international breaks are very dull. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

46 points so far but I never view it like that. The only time it 'annoys' me is if I make a genuine 50/50 call and I come out the wrong end.

Last week I had 15 points on the bench. Westwood (2) and Martin (1) wouldn't have improved my score. McCarthy (4) and Ward (8) would have, but there was no way I was ever starting them over Courtois and Gomez, so they aren't 'points lost' in my book. I view it as making the correct calls, but not getting the rub of the green.

Keep making logical calls, and I'll come out ahead in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

27 points benched but 14 points off what my best 11 each week would have gotten.
    Playing Souare(0) over Gomez(5) in gw3 has cost me the most points (although I would still do the same again)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

It's better but still not that meaningful (e.g. I'd have never played Saylor away to United). I'm gonna suggest anewpla to track this one though.

Nevertheless, the total benched points is interesting. Late in the season, I think it could be very useful to compare someone with say 100 pts on his bench and someone with 400. The latter would not necessarily mean a bad season, it could reflect a strong squad (e.g. 2 rotating keepers, a strong front 8), a way of playing we're not the best advocates of here but which could also work. And the former would not especially be a guaranteed good season. It'd mainly means the bench was crap and if the team was not strong enough, this poor bench could have impacted his scoring.

I'm afraid the real best one, we have to work it honestly out ourselves, weighting any single real 50/50 calls we got wrong.

--

If I take my own example (this is too fast becoming a trademark sentence for me :p).

So. 199 pts currently. 30 pts benched. 14 pts better had I played my highest scoring XI. But only 8 pts better had I selected my strongest XI!

Let's look at it thoroughly :P.

GW1: Myhill (2), Wanyama (2), Coates (-1), Saylor (0)
    • Happiness: Guzan (6) over Myhill :D.
    • Annoyance: Bellerin did not feature & Coates "putain de" -1 came on.

GW2
    : Guzan (2), Wanyama (2), Huth (2), Saylor (1)
    • Happiness: Myhill (10) over Guzan :D!
    • Annoyance: None. Coates only got 1 pt but looked more like a bad GW1 pick than a bad choice for this game (home to Norwich while Huth was away to WH).

GW3
    : Guzan (2), Wanyama (2), Coates (1), Saylor (6)
    • Happiness: Huth (2) ahead of Coates. Claimed back the 1 pointer lost the previous week :P.
    • Annoyance: None really. Saylor away to United. These things happen.

GW4
    : Myhill (8), Wanyama (0), Saylor (0), Coates (0)
    • Happiness: None. Had I played the right keeper, that would have been the perfect bench.
    • Annoyance: Guzan (1). GKs H/A rotation is a trap I swore I'd never be caught in again... So far 4 GWs: 4 times my away keeper did better than my home one. Can't wait to get rid of this rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

37 so it's not like I've even had points there everyone's been shocking bad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

GW1 - 2
    GW2 - 3
    GW3 - 2
    GW4 - 0

happy with that

1718.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

podge018 wrote: »
    GW1 - 2
    GW2 - 3
    GW3 - 2
    GW4 - 0

happy with that

1718.png

I wouldn't be as it suggests you have a crap or mainly non playing bench!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Well with 2 Leicester keepers the one on the bench will never score you'd imagine.
    Lescott was out of favour for a couple of weeks, who knows what his prospects are at Villa.
    Henderson was injured for 2 GWs
    Wanyama is just there as a cheap guaranteed 2pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Colking wrote: »
    Guys if we're going to play this game (of tears, sweat, and broken dreams ;) then go to this website and put in your team ID for an eviscerating analysis of your crappy performance to date!

http://anewpla.net/fpl/

For those not familiar with this website: Wait for it to load your Stats and go to the very bottom of the page

Here's my pitiful excuse of a contribution to FPL after 4 weeks:

uflw8ae.jpg

The captains points is a real kick in the nads

I loved it last season, but I suggest to double check their stats and numbers.

Auto subs were not added when I uploaded my team onto it.
    You never know what else is not added;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

wonski wrote: »
    I loved it last season, but I suggest to double check their stats and numbers.

Auto subs were not added when I uploaded my team onto it.
    You never know what else is not added;)
    Are you 100% sure? Because they did (add autosub pts) for me.

Anyway, if you spot a problem/error/mistake don't hesitate to let them know and leave them a message in the suggestions box at the bottom of the page ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

iroced wrote: »
    Are you 100% sure? Because they did (add autosub pts) for me.

Anyway, if you spot a problem/error/mistake don't hesitate to let them know and leave them a message in the suggestions box at the bottom of the page ;).

Will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thank god for Myhill & my defenders is what mine tells me captain score dear god:

133.png

Advertisement