Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Missed A Call From (076) 623 6900

Options
  • 03-09-2015 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've just missed a telephone call from the following number (076) 623 6900. I searched online and it would appear the call came from Bank of Ireland. However, they didn't leave a message. This also happened a few weeks ago. Is this a scam? (several people online have reported the number as being a scam). 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just missed a telephone call from the following number (076) 623 6900. I searched online and it would appear the call came from Bank of Ireland. However, they didn't leave a message. This also happened a few weeks ago. Is this a scam? (several people online have reported the number as being a scam). 
    Hi Shuffles03

From time to time Bank of Ireland will make outbound calls to our customers for different reasons. Can we ask did you send an instruction into BOI recently?

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi Shuffles03

From time to time Bank of Ireland will make outbound calls to our customers for different reasons. Can we ask did you send an instruction into BOI recently?

Thanks,

Sharon
    Hi Sharon,

I started an online transfer yesterday from my savings account to my current account and received a text message afterwards from BOIService (strangely, I can't view the number that BOIService is attached to). 

Is the (076) number attached to BOI business or personal? The reason I ask is that a response I found through Google suggested it was BOI business. I have an old business current account which I don't use. I've called C.S. and left a message for a call back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Shuffles03,

The majority of Bank of Ireland internal numbers do start with 076 however as we don't have account access here we are unable to confirm the exact nature of this call. 

If you would like to call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 a representative will be happy to check your account and validate the authenticity of the call. 

Thanks, 

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

I just spotted this thread now and it rang a bell so I checked my call log on my phone
    I had a missed call from that number on 25/08 and they did leave a message

It was someone from Bank of Ireland Mortgages wanting to discuss some 'options' with me

- most likely try and get me off my tracker ;):p

I never phoned them back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Ringing us on holiday now. Be nice if they left a message rather than a missed call from a random number. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Ringing us on holiday now. Be nice if they left a message rather than a missed call from a random number. 
    Hi Special Circumstances,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I will certainly pass on your feedback. 

Hope your enjoying your holiday and if there is anything else we can help you with please don't hesitate in contacting us again.

Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ohoopee

So is this number just for morgages?  They rang me as well and did leave a message but I don't have my mail box set up and so can't access the message.  I recently moved and transferred the addresses on my BOI Credit Card, Insurance, and Checking Account.  I got a letter in the mail today from the insurance part of it wanting me to fill out a form but haven't received any forms as of yet from the other two parts.  Could that be what the phone call was regarding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Ohoopee wrote: »
    So is this number just for morgages?  They rang me as well and did leave a message but I don't have my mail box set up and so can't access the message.  I recently moved and transferred the addresses on my BOI Credit Card, Insurance, and Checking Account.  I got a letter in the mail today from the insurance part of it wanting me to fill out a form but haven't received any forms as of yet from the other two parts.  Could that be what the phone call was regarding?
    Hi Ohoopee, 

Thanks for contacting us through boards. This number would show up for a number of our out bound calls. So if you could call us on 0818 365 365 or raise this through the "Ask a question" section available on your 365 online profile, any of the advisers in either section will be able to check your account for notes to see what the missed call was in relation too.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

I got a call from 0766240176. Seemed legit. But asking to be sure. Is it legit? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

I got a call from 0766240176. Seemed legit. But asking to be sure. Is it legit? 

Hi Noelmcgov28,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. This number is a legitimate number for Bank of Ireland. Have you raised any queries recently or requested a call back?

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 mak1403

Hi Guys

This number rang me at 9am on Sunday! Bad form on your behalf BOI!

They also didn’t leave a message and when I rang back the number kept failing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi mak1403,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As multiple numbers were mentioned on this thread, would you be able to PM us the number that rang you as well as the number of the phone you received the call on? Would you also be able to confirm if you requested a service or product recently?

We'll be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emmat98

Is (076) 623 1802 also a Bank of Ireland number? I received two calls from that number yesterday morning and they didn't leave a voicemail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Emmat98, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Twitter. 

Can I check if you have applied for any products with us recently? If you have, it may be the department looking to follow up.

If you have not been in touch with us recently, or have not applied for a product then it may not be ourselves attempting to call you. I have attached a link here to more information on how to spot fraudulent phone calls.

Just to mention, Bank of Ireland will never contact you asking for you to disclose any of your account or online information. 

I hope this helps. Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭leoch

Got 2 calls today from 076 1075400 no message left..... I never been with boi is it dodgy u think????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

leoch wrote: »
    Got 2 calls today from 076 1075400 no message left..... I never been with boi is it dodgy u think????
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I’ve just checked this number for you and I can confirm that it is not a Bank of Ireland number and so the call didn’t come from BOI.  

If you’ve any further queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement