Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Insurance

Options
  • 03-09-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hello there,

I am looking for some quick guidelines on insurance costs for a distribution business premises. We'd be looking at about 3000 sq feet of storage space and an office.
    We expect to have about 20,000 euro of stock on hand at any given point.

I'd really appreciate any help or advice with this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Contact a broker. S/he will obtain several quotations for you and explain which is the most advantageous (not always the cheapest!)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭rojito

Thanks pedroeibar1,

I'm still a ways off actually needing the insurance. I need to submit a proposition tomorrow and on going through the finer details I realise my estimation is probably quite a bit off target.

As such, just looking for advice from anyone who might have a better idea than me about a rough figure.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

About 600 - 700 for public liability / stock / fixtures

Landlord will add buildings insurance to your rent. - About €300.

That's perfect delahuntv, thanks for that.

Yeah the landlord of the unit I am looking at has already told me he factors in the building insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I'd allow considerably more. Premium will depend on what is stored, how it is stored, where it is stored, sprinkler systems, alarm monitored/not, etc.
    What you have asked is the equivalent of "How much is the insurance for a car?" -without specifying the age of the driver, make/model, etc.

• Advertisement

Yep, I appreciate that, although I have given an idea of the size and value of the "car", so thought that might help give help with rough figure I am looking for.
    As hinted at in my other reply, it will be a rented unit, within a storage/warehousing facility, so should come with security and sprinklers etc. Obviously I need to consider all that but I am just looking for an quick estimation for my early budget at this point.

Again, I have a deadline for tomorrow so perhaps it's too late to start chasing brokers for quotes. My own fault, I know.

It's always good to learn more about what I need to consider in future though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ky15

Anybody know any insurance provider which will give product liability for non-eu goods retailing online?

Advertisement