Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consultant led or Midwife led in UHG Galway

Options
  • 03-09-2015 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, I am in first trimester and will be my first visit and the letter says I'll be seeing a consultant. Does that mean I will be under consultant led care?

I'm going public. Do they change to midwife led care after assessment? I'd prefer midwife led if things are straighforward with pregnancy. Who should I speak to?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi,
    Congrats on your pregnancy.I'm having my 3rd child in galway,due sunday. Generally after your first hospital appointment you are given the option of midwife clinics if all is straightforward. On my second pregnancy I had gestational diabetes so had to attend doctors in UCHG. Other pregnancies attended midwives. I found them great especially as appointments are very prompt,with doctors you could be few hours waiting. Also if you are in rural galway they have midwife clinics in say tuam & athenry on diff. weekdays.best of luck.

Advertisement