Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Renovation Incentive (HRI)

Options
  • 03-09-2015 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi Guys

If there is any alarm company employees/installers who are signed up to the HRI scheme could you PM me.

Kind Regards

P

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can't all licenced installers do this for you.?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

Thanks for the response.

My query is in relation to fitting an alarm fitting in my house. I am looking for someone to provide me with a quotation (who's employed by a company signed up to HRI) my understanding is that not all company's are.

Kind Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Any company/ contractor who is tax compliant can access the HRI system.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is the fitting of an alarm even covered under the HRI?

Work / Supply / Fitting etc have to be all at 13.5% to qualify. Any at 23% are ineligible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is the fitting of an alarm even covered under the HRI?

Work / Supply / Fitting etc have to be all at 13.5% to qualify. Any at 23% are ineligible

The majority of domestic intruder alarm systems which we install are charged at 13.5% vat.

Might i add, i assisted a client with this last year, or to be precise, my accountant did.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mousemini

We got a alarm installed in Feb and now doing attic can both be claimed under home incentive scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Mousemini wrote: »
    We got a alarm installed in Feb and now doing attic can both be claimed under home incentive scheme

Are your contractors registered under the HRI scheme? Did they submit the works details to the Revenue HRI portal in advance of starting? Did/will you spend more than €4,405 (before VAT)?

See the full homeowner www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/hri/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Mousemini wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes.

Is there a set time for claiming or is it just in the calendar year that you can claim under the same works been done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

The link above is a dud
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/hri/
    The works must be carried out on or after 25 October 2013 and up to 31 December 2016 for Homeowners so it can be rolled up, its explained in the pdfs in the link.
    However the paperwork must be squeaky, as must the contractor.
    Its claimed back over two years after the end of the tax year in which the work was completed so you could leave it sit till end Dec 2016 and them claim in 2017 and 2018

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jonathan222

The link above is a dud
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/hri/
    The works must be carried out on or after 25 October 2013 and up to 31 December 2016 for Homeowners so it can be rolled up, its explained in the pdfs in the link.
    However the paperwork must be squeaky, as must the contractor.
    Its claimed back over two years after the end of the tax year in which the work was completed so you could leave it sit till end Dec 2016 and them claim in 2017 and 2018
    Do you or anyone know if  work has started in Oct/Nov 2016 but will drag into mid 2017, can you claim for any payments made in 2017 or does the job have to be completed by end of Dec 2016?
    And does the submission process have to have started in Oct 16 or can you start the process now in 2017?

Advertisement