Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these weeds or flowers?

Options
  • 03-09-2015 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Very inexperienced gardener, trying to figure out what these are and if I should keep them or dig them up?
    I think no.2 is, no idea about the other two.

Thanks for any help

20150903_071103.jpg

20150903_073817.jpg

20150903_073926.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

A weed is a plant in the wrong place!

#3 is bittercress - (a weed for me) but facinating to see its spring loaded seed spreading!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The others are weeds too. The second one is forgetmenot, and the little pinky-purple plant at the front of the third pic is also a weed - herb robert. The first one is a weed but i cant remember what it is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭TAZ32

first pic is spurge, possibly sun spurge, Euphorbia helioscopia. weed to. some dandelions in pic to

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Spurge! Honestly I have loads of the stuff - the 'plant' rather than the weed, but very similar, and I know perfectly well what it is called :o. Thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it

Have lots of all three, so will clear them all out I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭elsie1b

Be careful of the milky sap in the spurge.

Advertisement