Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oktoberfestbeag 2015

Options
  • 03-09-2015 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

So looking at going this year, after getting a sort of freebie a while back..

It seems very pricey am I missing something.

Tis €171.00 if you want a table for 8 with entry and one free drink each.. That's it nothing more

For vouchers then pending do you want food it is

€44.50 for 4 for food
    Then drinks are €90 and €40

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

After being voted "Corks Best Night Out" (not sure who the committee is) this has lost the run of itself price wise.

I just hope the service for those in attendance this year is reasonable as last few years it's been brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

€171 for a table of 8? So, basically your first pint (well, actually 0.5L, so a bit less) is more than €20. You can also buy general entry tickets for €12, which doesn't guarantee you a table. So, then you're "only" paying €12 for your first drink... After that, I think they cost €6/0.5L. They only have three different brands of beers, as well. Hardly much of an Oktoberfest. You'd have a better choice in most other pubs in town and you wouldn't have to pay just to get in.

They had a festival last April competing with the Franciscan Well's Easter Festival. It was €12 in as well and most drinks were €5-€6. Beamish was €5, so you had people paying a cover charge for the privilege of buying drink for about €2 more expensive than most other places. The Well didn't have any cover charge and unsurprisingly they had a much bigger crowd.

How do these prices compare to previous years? It always seemed like a bit of a rip off to me without anything more than you can get anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

We went to the one as Easter time, a craft beer event run by the same crowd, seriously overpriced with a dead atmosphere. Stayed for 2 drinks before high tailing it to The Friary for the rest of the night.

Can't afford Oktoberfest beag to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

The year we went now it was great craic I must admit the band were fab and they called you up to do a few things, but like that we didn't pay full wack.. seems crazy alright I cant imagine going and not having a table as such as a base but for that price.. might keep an eye on the well instead..

TBH, I thought this was best when it was in City Limits.
    sozbox wrote:
    We went to the one as Easter time, a craft beer event run by the same crowd, seriously overpriced with a dead atmosphere

Craft beer people are not known for their hi jinx and fun personalitys :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,309 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

gimmick wrote: »

Craft beer people are not known for their hi jinx and fun personalitys :pac:

Yeah the insufferable lager louts are waaay better craic.

Yeah baby!! Ah tis very funny I have to say there

hate gangs like this I emailed, facebooked and messaged and heard nought back from them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Milly33 wrote: »
    hate gangs like this I emailed, facebooked and messaged and heard nought back from them

Phone them. tel:+353867248284

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

I wonder how local bars feel about this 'festival'? It's basically a temporary pub being built. Competition? Or does it lift all boats by getting people into town?

• Advertisement

Id say tis a boost really. As it closes early enough so you can head out for a drink or wonder around town after

Ha, any time Ive been to this, by the time they shut up shop I am in no state to go for more.

Us too the last time but for some unknownst reason we had to go for three more!! shame

Advertisement