Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV DVR: HDMI or VGA to BnC to three TVs

Options
  • 03-09-2015 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭

Existing DVR has VGA and BnC outputs

BnC used to feed 3 TVs via the TV aerial cable

The upgrade box CCTV DVR has VGA and HDMI outputs only.

How can the BnC feed/signal be replicated?

If an A-B VGA switch was fitted at the DVR, could it be used, as the screen at the DVR is only used when at the DVR.

I understand the HDMI route along Rg59 cable is either impossible or expensive and requires a second HDMI connection on each of the TV's
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this of any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is this of any use?

Don't think that will work. He needs a vga to bnc splitter. It's a powered device that will also let him leave the monitor connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks for insights

Have to port forward 3 ports and have got into the EVW3226 Ubee router where I see the following

Public Port Range / Target IP Address / Target Port Range / Protocol (choice of UDP,TCP or both)

I have the target IP address for the DVR, just wonder what is the Public and Target Port range
    e.g. one of them is the ubiquitous port 8000

This is what I got
    http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/Misc_htm/m_ultimate.htm
    bought it locally so probably paid OTT
    have yet to test it

This is what I got
    bought it locally so probably paid OTT
    have yet to test it

Okay, got it woking today and it does what he says on the box: usb powered from DVR and a vga in and out so can use old screen for local work on the DVR, however with the good quality web browser, no real need for local access

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Is there a thing called an RF Modulator that can do it? (I got it on eBay years ago for like €15-20)
    I just remembered we have one of those, but I think at the time we were told it wouldn't work with the NVR being used.
    Before it was used on just a camera showing a live feed with no recording.

I can get that one you posted and it could send the cameras to all the TVs?
    I can't see its price.. I clicked and it showed other things and in dollars.

Advertisement