Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 5s dead and problems turning back on

• 03-09-2015 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my iphone 5s died of low battery a day or two again on holiday. Now I'm home and I go to charge it sometimes the apple logo appears then kind of fades away to red, other times it turns when I hit the power and home button but I get about 5-10 mins of use out of it before the screen fades again.

I've tried to connect it to itunes, it says the phone is in recovery mode and to restore it and install updated software, but then after I click that eventually it says there's a problem downloading new software.

Anyone had any problems like this or anything similar?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Sounds to me like the battery may be dead from the symptoms described

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

yoyo wrote: »
    Sounds to me like the battery may be dead from the symptoms described

Nick

As in I need to buy a new battery as I've been charging it all day and still no joy?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

As in I need to buy a new battery as I've been charging it all day and still no joy?

The fact that it is coming on for a bit and then powering off suggests a bad battery. Will it completely turn on while plugged in? iPhone batteries are not user replaceable so you'll probably have to go somewhere to get it replaced.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

yoyo wrote: »
    The fact that it is coming on for a bit and then powering off suggests a bad battery. Will it completely turn on while plugged in? iPhone batteries are not user replaceable so you'll probably have to go somewhere to get it replaced.

Nick

It only completely turns on when charging when you hit the home and power button together, and only then not every time, and then when it does actually turn on it lasts about 10-15 minutes before the screen just fades and you are back to square one. At all times its plugged into charger and when the screen does turn on the charge icon shows.

Advertisement