Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2016

• 03-09-2015 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

firstly I'd like to apologise if I made any mistakes, I'm new to Boards.ie

so i will be doing my leaving cert exam in 2016 and i need advice on different levels and how to get my desired points.
    I am currently doing ordinary Maths, English and French and higher level DCG, Biology and Business. I was planning to switch french to higher level to get the most points as I need around 480 for my course. Throughout 5th year i got average results and didn't put in much effort in study. I'll be taking grinds for certain subjects to help me achieve more points
    So what do you guys say? What should I do to approach my goal?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

so i will be doing my leaving cert exam in 2016 and i need advice on different levels and how to get my desired points.
    I am currently doing ordinary Maths, English and French and higher level DCG, Biology and Business. I was planning to switch french to higher level to get the most points as I need around 480 for my course. Throughout 5th year i got average results and didn't put in much effort in study. I'll be taking grinds for certain subjects to help me achieve more points

hi, would it not be too late to move to higher French??????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Driftmaster

hi, would it not be too late to move to higher French??????????????????

It would be but I will try and see if I can move, I've been getting A's in almost every tests and exams I did in 5th year. So hopefully the teacher will let me move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I'd definitely recommend trying to move up to Higher Level French especially if you've been getting A's at OL.

Do you mind telling us what your goals for each subject are as it would be quite difficult to get 480 points with only 3/4 HL subjects.

Have you considered taking on an extra subject at higher level on your own? If you're good at business, economics might be an option? A lot of people seem to take it up in 6th year and do quite well! It'd really give you an advantage pointswise to have another higher level subject.

If you keep your head down though and work hard I'm sure you'll be able to do it though! Best of luck with it either way!

Advertisement