Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mars capital

• 03-09-2015 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Our mortgage was sold by springboard recently to Mars Capital, that are not regulated by any Irish regulatory body and I'm fearing what is coming down the line. We have been paying our mortgage monthly. Mars Capital insist on the payment being made on the 1st of each month but we generally pay during the month to coincide with available monies. Because we don't pay on the 1st they then deem our mortgage to be in arrears. Now received a letter today threatening repossession and stating we are uncooperative....we are one month in arrears ,according to them, because we haven't paid September payment yet but it will be paid during the month. Anyone experiencing the same issues or anyone have any advice?...thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭daheff

what was the original payment date as per the initial signed contract?

do you make payments by Direct debit? I'm assuming you don't.

While MARS may not be regulated by the central bank, I would still send a letter of complaint to the central bank about their conduct (and cc you local td). the sooner the CB and TDs recognise this issue and legislate for it the better for all concerned.

While they are threatening all sorts, I wouldn't worry too much about it so long as you keep making full payments every month on the payment date that was agreed in your initial contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭samsx

Thanks for that, never signed anything regarding payment date with MARS. Mortgage was sold to them by springboard, never signed anything. Was always phoning springboard each month but at different dates, within the month, with the full monthly payment and have continued with this with MARS. This obviously is not acceptable with them. Frustrating because I make full monthly payments, not like I don't pay.

Advertisement