Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from Motors...(again)

Options
  • 03-09-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

Can a mod look into my constant bans from the motoring thread.

Clearly a minority of posters are always on my back, they will not back down.

I got an infraction for replying to this post, for trolling apparently -

common Lexus talk, what is that about? The entire thread, almost 7000 or so posts are dominated by German cars, so we have a few pages on Lexus discussion on Joes ISF and all of a sudden I make a comment that leads to a month ban, common Lexus talk.

The forum is awash with a group of very sensitive posters, you know who they are.

I don't see YB Focus getting a lengthy ban for telling me to **** off?

and fwiw, I replied to another posters comment without reading a pm from a mod., I have never seen a forum so full of hate in all my life.

*awaiting a response from a mod.

Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
    Uu I like that. Bmws are getting better and better looking.
    Looks good lad
    I didn't mean you btw with my post, more directed to the now common Lexus talk.
    =============

Love the way Lexus are slated what with a few pages of talk about them., thread ruined. Abandon ship!

The entire rest of the thread is on BMWs, resume normal duties so as it were.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

here is an email from Bilko.

Mods need to investigate other members, clearly there is a group of posters all out against me.

"Moderator Note

Hi Hachiko, this is a notice you are banned from thread. For some reason you keep popping up in various threads and derailing them with your Lexus stuff.
    If you don't stop this a permban from all of motors is on the cards."

Popping up in various threads derailing them with Lexus stuff, please do explain.???

The posts in that thread were about the blue ISF bought by Joe, if you can tell me how I derailed it I would be delighted to hear your views. As far as I can see the only people derailing threads are posters making jibes to me.

bear1 said about common Lexus talk, which was a few prior pages discussion on Joe's Blue ISF.

I replied saying it was a bit rich considering all the entire rest of the thread is about BMWs, more or less (which it is).

For this I got an infraction and now a ban for replying to a posters query (and not reading a mods email about a ban)

can you enlighten me how such a reply warranted an infraction? If that is the case practically every other post I see on the motor section would be worthy of an infraction of sorts.

I am on a few other social media sites and never had to put up with such nonsense as I have had on here, and never had a ban of any sort.

I am still waiting from a response from a MOD about this, and how I am worthy of a ban and what I exactly did to warrant a ban in the first place.

Part of my apparent 'trolling' was suggesting there were 2 or 3 ISFs in Ireland (which I never called a **** hole according to this delightful chap --

[Originally Posted by Crumbs868 View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you but Ireland is not quite the sh!th0le car wise that you love to protray her as. There are is a hell of a lot more than 2 ISFs here]

This guy from Ireland also thought there were 3 in the country so I was not far off the mark
    ---

Posted Yesterday, 10:14 PM
    Very interesting topic! I too am one of the v few ISF owners in Ireland, black 08 originally bought and reg by lexus main dealer in Galway. Being a car fanatic I have had alot of cars and move up on power each and every time. I have reached the point where I too worry about where to go next. But tbh I didnt think I had anywhere to go after my 32 GTR and supra TT6 but hey I couldnt be happier now.

On the tax side of things, there are ways of bending the rules if you want to PM me. Where theres a will theres a way!
    I thought the number was 3 ISFs in the county, never knew there was another in Munster! Cant believe u went from R35 to ISF.
    GTR35's are meant to to costly to look after.

Sorry to beat around the bush, ?I cant think of a solid option! Keep it!

Again, MODs I am awaiting some feedback on this, preferable ones not affiliated in any way with posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hi Hachiko.
    I'm sorry it's taken so long to get to you. I'm looking into this now and will get back to you as soon as possible.

No worries, seems a bit harsh this constant banning

Clearly loads of posters have a vendetta against me and pm mods to get me banned.

Example of things I have supposedly 'trolled' about

1 - I quoted 2 or 3 Lexus ISFs in Ireland

I frequently visit the Lexus Owners Club UK, where a very knowable user base exists and needless to say I have not been banned or given a caution once.

And Irish guy there also thought 3 ISFs existed in Ireland (so my comment on 2 was not too outlandish)

Indeed, this is his comment

Tax in Ireland is a joke. If you own a 08 isf reg before June it costs 1800 a year! When the tax system transferred to emissions in June any isf after that is 2200, so I consider myself lucky as mines 400 cheaper than most even though I think there’s on 3 in the country.
    On the other hand our insurance is much more reasonable than up prices. With every possible add on including full AA membership mines only 623, and I still consider myself young at 33! All figures are in euros.

2 - Trolled about people not knowing about ISFs

Again, hardly an unreasonable comment, did it deserve a banning? Hardly? the forum went into meltdown after this comment I made, with expletives and what not dished out at me, including getting told to f*** off.

Ireland is awash with diesels

Seven out of every ten new cars sold in the eight months from January to August were diesel, while 95.5% were in the A/B CO2 emissions bands.

... and a very recently many people were struggling to tell the difference between a IS250 and a IS220d in a thread I had created by a mod but subsequently got removed by people constantly trolling it, yet all of a sudden now the whole forum apparently knows Lexus ISFs inside out (all 3 or so in the country!), seems like hypocrites to me. Even Joe_90 who bought the blue 2011 ISF in the UK had to research it.

3 - Knocked back constantly by other posters having ridiculous jibes at me, i.e. - people migrating to an ISF from an is250. I posted up such a thread on the UK site and indeed several people have switched from a 250 to an ISF not including current is250 owners would like to get a ISF.

Seems to me far too many insensitive posters out there and the bias towards BMWs and German cars is pretty evident from the outset. Standing up for myself clearly irritates posters and gets me banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Okay, I've gone over a lot of your posts and what you've said here. The reason for your ban was that you were told several times not to post in a thread, and you continued anyway. The reason for the ban being so long is because of your very long record of warnings, infractions and bans in that forum. So in that regard, I honestly can't see a reason not to uphold the ban. It seems very straight forward.

Your other point that you feel like everyone else is ganging up on you doesn't really hold much water either. I've gone through a lot of your posts in those forums and they are quite abusive to other people. You've been having a go at nearly every other user on an almost consistent level. Your posts come across as incredibly abrasive and that's what is getting you in trouble.

What you need to do when your ban is up, is change your posting style. You need to stop being so combative with other users, as it's clearly causing you to become more and more aggressive which is getting you banned. If you don't, you're only going to end up with a permanent ban.

If you don't want to accept my upholding the ban, I can ask an admin to have a look at this?

• Advertisement

I take that on board but as per my first message to bilko, i did not see his private message until I posted a reply to a bloke on the thread.

hence the ban.

I dont think I have been as abusive to posters as you let on, certainly i have not told people to f**k off which a poster has quoted to me.!

thanks for your time.

Cheers.

Advertisement