Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saint Etienne - NCH 08/09/15

Options
  • 03-09-2015 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

What time do bands generally take to the stage at the NCH?

Going to this gig but will be hard pressed to make the scheduled 8.00 start

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, Muirean Bradley, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Melts Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, St. Vincent, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Fontaines DC, Amble

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

What time do bands generally take to the stage at the NCH?

Going to this gig but will be hard pressed to make the scheduled 8.00 start

Been to 6/7 gigs there. All very punctual so Id expect 8pm if that what ticket says.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

I agree with previous poster about punctuality - if you're late they'll make you wait at the door until a break in the gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I agree with previous poster about punctuality - if you're late they'll make you wait at the door until a break in the gig

Yeah, it's great actually! I love it. No messing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Granite Head

Gig started at 8.30

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, Muirean Bradley, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Melts Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, St. Vincent, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

despite the lack of a bumper crowd I really enjoyed the gig last night. The atmosphere was lovely. Meet and greet afterwards was fun as well... felt a bit weird being a 40 year old man with my wife and our mates queuing up to say hello, but had a good little chat about samples the band had used on the albums.
    Maybe a smaller venue like vicar street would have been better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Loved the gig last night.
    Cried during Only Love Can Break Your Heart.

Thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Was a strange choice of venue i thought,although i thoroughly enjoyed it. Sarahs voice was lovely, and the other female singer was excellent too, really measured. Bit short though, would have liked a bit of exposition and reminiscing from them on stage
    By god us white folk cant dance though lol

Advertisement