Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying New Laptop

• 03-09-2015 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I am looking at buying a new laptop, HD screen, 16gb ram 1TB HDD for around €900. What would be a good make of laptop to get.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

boobar wrote: »

I was looking at that one already but was not sure about it. Would you recommend it. Review say that the screen colours could be better and that the battery could last longer. Would you recommend Dell over other laptop makes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I was looking at that one already but was not sure about it. Would you recommend it. Review say that the screen colours could be better and that the battery could last longer. Would you recommend Dell over other laptop makes.

There will always be some compromise in some aspects of a laptop unless you pay crazy money. What are your priorities? Dell are as good a make as any. I'd personally put them above Acer, HP and Toshiba but maybe below Asus and Lenovo. Of course this can be very dependent on laptop model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Well, I've had a dell at home for the last 10 years, now it is running slow, but that's to be expected.

I also use Dell pc and and a dell laptop at work.

They've never let me down.

I'm in the market for a new laptop, going to get it in the next month or two after a long time looking. I haven't seen anything else out there that could knock this for value. That coupled with my own experience of Dell has helped me make the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

This is the Laptop from Dell I was looking at http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-5558-laptop/pd?oc=cn55808&model_id=inspiron-15-5558-laptop and want to know is it good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I'd prefer a solid state drive on it myself. Apart from that it looks good.

Advertisement