Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

May 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Kathy22 wrote: »

Here's to a healthy and happy 2017 to us all. We have been talking of trying for number 2 in the next while, are we mad ;)

Yes!! :P
    In my opinion the minimum age gap (for the mother) is that baby is 1 year old before getting pregnant again. But maternal age, work and finances all play a role. Obviously maternal age being the biggest one. Time and Tide waits for no man so if you're afraid of problems conceiving then go for it obviously. Better a small age gap than an only child.

Sorry to hear of the mastitis, ouch! Yeah good point about the breastfeeding, it would be a pain to have to make bottles for a few months if you had intended getting to 1yo (I hate making bottles!!)

The 2 bottom teeth are well up here contributing to the cutest smile ever :D And I can see the teeth under the gums on the top two so expecting them to poke through in the next week. She is like her older sister - no real teething symptoms. And older one was an early teether as well so don't be using me as a bench mark, my kids seem to get their teeth early. My older one is 2 years 4 months and she's had 20 teeth since 18 months or so.

Kathy I find their body language when they don't want to eat solids hilarious as well hee hee. It's so funny for little beings that can't talk, they can get their point across via body language in a crystal clear fashion. It's like 'the drawbridge is pulled up, no access here'

wuffly wrote: »

I think you're right on the sleep front Lucuma, its harder because we know he can do it! Going to move him into his own room next week, at this stage I think we are all just waking each other. The other night he gave a little cough every hour or so so we ended up being awake most of the night whereas he actually only woke once. We are creeping around when we go down to bed and if it doesn't wake it seems to disturb him. Sadly I'd love to be able to turn on the light and put away my clothes properly at night. Hopefully it helps a little, if not we'll bring him back in. Going to move some furniture around and possibly get a fold out/day bed for his room. I'm sure we'll need it anyway, when he's sick or teething etc down the line.

Yeah that's the set up we have - a single bed in the same room as baby's cot/crib. We can take turns to sleep in there as needs be. I remember on no.1 we moved all our clothes into the spare room so we would get dressed and undressed in there and only have to go into our room for sleeping. Made it much easier.
    The childminder told me today the baby is army crawling with about a week, who knew! :-) Just aswell someone is keeping an eye on my kid eh !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Made the move to his own room yesterday, put him in for a nap in the afternoon which went well and then down for the night, he woke twice which isn't bad once around 8:30 then around 2. he woke at 5 but just chatted to himself and passed out again until 6, would be amazing if he did this every morning, but wont hold my breath. Was up with him at 5 the previous two mornings. I think there are more teeth on the way as he was like a briar after being up for an hour but would only nap for 30 mins and has lost interest in breakfast. Anyway happy enough with how it went, although i balled when we were going to bed... just feels like a big step and another phase finished. I know he'll be in and out etc... but unless it goes very badly his cot will be staying in his room. I woke a few time but when i slept, i slept much better and to be honest I can see him a lot better on the monitor.

He is absolute murder to dress and change these days, thought it would pass but its been about a month. He rolls as over as soon he's on the mat, he can sometimes be distracted with a toy but you need to move fast. He seems to have a total aversion to getting dressed, undressed isn't so bad but its skill in itself. I thought it might be his jaw hurting because of teething but he hates sleeves as well...

We are still army crawling here, he lifts himself up the odd time but he can get where he is going fast so I think he might not bother with the proper crawl for a while.

Best of luck with going back to work Lucuma, hope the new job goes well!

Thanks wuffly, week 1 was a baptism of fire! Getting 2 up and out with both of us working 5 days a week requires something close to military precision......which we're seriously lacking at the best of times! We'll have to get our act together big time to get this to work.
    Unbelievably though ......on the very week I go back to work baby decides to start sleeping through the night !!! She has now done it the last 4 nights in a row, right the way through from 19:30 to 7am in her own room. I remember on here when I was wishing for a 3 hour stretch every night and then wishing for a 4 hour stretch......there's light at the end of every tunnel eventually! I honestly thought she was going to be one of those bad sleepers that stayed bad til they were in school but she has surprised me bigtime! I suppose she's been gradually creeping towards it the last month, she was down to 1 wake for a bottle. Not sure if it was anything we did (certainly nothing I did anyway maybe my husband) or is it just pot luck. I had intended trying that watering the bottle down thing but never actually got around to doing it. Anyway thank god for small mercies! (especially as the toddler is now going bananas every night but that's a different story!)
    Baby is great on the solids now, wolfing everything down. Good at feeding herself as well if you give her something suitable. Reflux is completely gone and so are the explosive poos. The odd leak here and there  now but the bad old days where I was doing several full outfit changes a day as well as all her bedding every morning are over thank god. Just as well as I've so much else on my plate between new job (very pressured), house still not finished, toddler being difficult and all the normal day to day stuff as well. Oh and I'm sick as well with the last 2 weeks, desperate cough I just can't seem to shake off.
    Wuffly well done on the big move into his own room! It is sad alright as it feels like an irreversible step but there are such great times to come, wait til he starts talking and walking, the stuff they come out with when learning the english language is just priceless - cuteness squared! And you get to be the one that shows them what the moon is, what the stars are etc and all those magical moments so look forward to that! What language is his childcare in actually? My toddler was slow to pick up english coz her childcare isn't in english but spending so much time wiht me in Ireland in 2016 really helped and her english has now taken off

Oh I forgot to mention....now that her bottom teeth are up, the top two should be next but instead a different tooth has broken through the gum on the top, and on one side only! It's the one right next to the middle tooth. I hope this doesn't mean there's something wrong with her top teeth. I'm giving her calpol every night before bed and she doesn't seem too cranky with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Girls great to see some updates. I have been meaning to get online for ages but never got the chance. Our little man was sick with a cold and bad cough for over a week, also had horrible gunky eyes. One bottom tooth has popped up ever so slightly, looks like a tooth pick but I can see the rest coming up. Swear to God it has been like this for 2 weeks now, is this normal? Feels so slow! Also he is not a happy teether at all. Lucky you Lucuma. My God he was so irritable and has got into a habit of waking almost every 2 hours of late, granted he was sick but even the last 2 night he is waking up crying in his sleep really loudly. Calgel seems to work and I have been giving him neurophen the last few nights. Still rolling around here, crawling backwards and attempting to crawl but he seems a bit put off as he has face planted into the floor a few times. Honest to God he never stays still, I do not get a minute during the day until he goes to sleep, he wants all the attention. He was sitting in front of me in his bouncer (only use it when in full view) and he somehow within seconds managed to roll out of it! Anyway I think its time to put it in the attic. My mam has a playpen she bought which i might borrow. We got him a ball pit for xmas but he has already pushed the sides down and rolled out with balls of course going everywhere.

Wuffly its funny isnt it how careful they are not to bop their head, he did a few times in the beginning but is now a very skilled roller :D

Have his 7-9 month check up next week. Dying to see how he is getting on. Still not a big solids fan which has me stressed out. i was all set to do blw but have had to do a mix of both as with blw he mostly just mushes his food up and throws it on the ground. He will eat some stuff I make him but appears very fussy. He was especially fussy last week when sick. His cough was making him get sick also which distressed him a lot.

I had a lovely night away last night with a friend of mine, we went for a girlie spa day with dinner. I got a full nights sleep which was amazing. Lovely to get the break but I was so excited to get back and give my guy a cuddle and the snuggles and smiles when i came in where amazing.

Wuffly did you stick with the BLW? Lucuma how much would your little one eat? Maybe I am worrying about nothing, im hoping he will just one day start liking it as it feels like such an effort at the moment.

Im back to work in April, I have been so lucky to have such a long time off but I am dreading it! Creche has been picked and date is set. How fast has time flown :eek:

Aw lucuma, that is great news!! so glad your little one is sleeping through! Perfect timing! Sounds like she is totally flying it on all counts!
    I think I read its the top middle 4 that come in next so i guess anyone of them coming in should be grand.
    hope you are feeling better soon and hope your older lady gives you a break, sounds like they are doing a tag team on you!

Sleep has gone to hell again, awake for 4 hours last night, can't see straight today! Starting to think we are going to have one of those terrible sleepers! Nothing would get him back to sleep last night. Hope to god tonight isn't as bad. We tried water in his bottle the other night, no interest, just pissed him off to be honest. Guessing its more teeth coming through, bit of a cough and snotty nose but nose only snotty at night time?

Kathy, hope your little man is all better. Well done on the tooth, won't be long pushing up once it makes an appearance. We are sticking with BLW so far, he was flying it and eating a good bit we are just doing breakfast and dinner, but he's not been great the last few days, just not interested and gets annoyed in the chair. I kinda get worried but then i think his tummy is tiny (size of his fist) and he's getting plenty of milk so he will get there. Gave him a spoon the other day, great for shoving it in his mouth, just the wrong end :P Need to intro some snacks and lunch in the next few weeks, and need to start sending some food to nursery. I don't know if i can be arsed with regular weaning now, as we just give him what we are having mostly although we are trying plenty of new stuff which is good for us, as we are terrible for just cooking a few regular bits. Breakfast has become quiet varied lol!
    Your night away sounds amazing! Very jealous!!

Nursery is in English, although he has arabic class :confused:

Excited about the walking talking, he's blabbering a lot and so excitable these days. He's all go army crawling, mad for cables and chairs :eek:

Hey ladies, well typical murphy's law happened again - just coz I told ye about it she hasn't slept through the night since hahaha :):D Oh well. Those 4 nights were nice while they lasted. She goes off to sleep by herself no problem, just lay her down in the sleepyhead pillow with the dodie after her bedtime bottle and off she goes. And she does a good long sleep then as well, her first waking wouldn't be til the middle of the night usually (like 3am or so) so it's not too bad, we're coping and getting enough sleep to manage in work. She woke for a bottle last night and wouldn't go to sleep til after TWO bottles and calopl....even at that hubby had to take her into the bed and cuddle her to sleep, I woke to see her there next to me this morning!
    I have to say that since she became well established on solids (thanks to the childminder, nothing that I did) her sleeping has dramatically improved. She's nearly 9 months now and eating 3 meals a day, she eats loads she gobbles it down and wants more. Childminder said the only thing she won't eat so far is potatoes, so she gives her sweet potatoes instead. I don't know what you should do really Kathy, I mean I know they say it'll happen in its own good time but jeebus you need to get some sleep as well! Maybe when he starts in crèche he'll get into the swing of the solids, when there isn't a boob on offer which he probably prefers :D
    Arabic lessons, that'll be interesting. He can teach ye so when he comes home!
    That sickness sounds awful Kathy. We had a bit of it over the Christmas as well. I had to take her to d-doc on Xmas day (we were in Dublin at the in-laws) for conjunctivitis, an awful dose. Putting in the drops wasnt' nice either but they really do work. I remember no.1 often had what I'd call a snotty eye but massaging the tear duct and cleaning from in to out with cooled boiled water on cotton wool always cleared it after a few days. The conjunctivitis (pink eye) is markedly different. Eyes totally stuck together on waking and the white part of the eyes was pink. Both kids got it actually.
    Great you've got the crèche booked and sorted Kathy! Is it far from where ye live? Are you going back 5 days? Sorted out who drops off and collects yet? We hammered out a deal there last week during the first crazy week of me being back at work, we're not quite there yet but even this week things ran so much more smoothly than last week. Funny how you say you can't get anything done Kathy, it's gas they don't do much but yet they take up the whole day! I found the same in December there while still on mat leave, I couldn't really leave the baby at all whereas you can shove the toddler in front of Peppa or leave her playing on her own with her toys....it gets so much easier when they're 2 years old!
    Oh yeah as regards bouncey chairs and the like, at this age now you see what all those straps you didn't bother using before are for! Baby needs the full straps top and side now, even though when she was younger just the side would have secured her, but the days of putting her in a chair of any type without all the straps buckled are gone! We're still getting use out of the magical swinging musical chair in fairness, with aforementioned straps all done up so she's in a straight jacket. If she's not tired or hungry, and I give her something to play with in it it still buys me a bit of time if I don't want to leave her on the floor (or if she gets cranky on the floor) but mostly she's on the floor all the time now doing her thing.
    Finally got her a highchair this week! Had been using the Bumbo on the table in front of us up til now. Got a cheap rip off version of the stoke trip trap, second hand. It has a tray as part of it and the whole thing tray and all is wood. She's lost in it so I put a support cushion in, needto buy a generic strap for it as well as there's nothing holding her in between her legs! I got it for 20 euro off another ex pat mammy, how bad !!

Well now things have taken some sort of magical turn since I last posted, almost afraid to say it out loud :eek: He is eating his solids, 3 meals per day for the last 4 days and the last few nights he has only woken once at around 1am but gone back to sleep when he gets a soother (doesnt go to bed with one) and has then slept till my husband has gone to work at 6.30. Well he stays asleep but hubby has brought him into me for a feed as my boobs are full and he has then gone back to sleep till 8am. Last night he woke crying at 5am but he came into our bed, fed and slept till 7.45am. He is not fussy with food, even stuck his hand out at my mother today for some of her bagel with cream cheese and when she gave it to him he ate it! He was chewing it away for ages and then swallowed it. He has finished all meals I have made him so I am one very happy Mammy. This sounds mad but I kind of miss him waking and coming into our bed, he is in his own cot now until he comes into me in the morning, I feel like he is growing so fast. I am so irrational :pac: Although I do feel like a new woman with the extra sleep. Still no crawling progress made since last week, a few attempts but then he just rolls over, gets very frustrated when he cant reach something but then gets distracted by something else. Had his developmental check and he is doing great, he has moved up on centiles since birth, such a bruiser, almost 10kgs now :eek:

Lucuma I hope your little one sleeps through again for you. Im hoping I havent cursed myself now by putting it out there...LOL!

I thought his was conjunctivitis as well but he didnt have pink eye, however my husband caught it off him and he did have to get eye drops as he had pink eye, his was awful. Somehow I escaped it. I have managed to bypass all the sickness this winter apart from a small cold and sore throat. I think its because I still take pregnacare for breastfeeding.

Back 5 days a week, I can work 2 days from home which is handy, means shorter days in the creche for him. Creche is only 10 minutes from our house on my way to work. Ill probably do drop off and collect the days im in the office as its on my way to work and on the way home, hubby gets the train and works longer days. He is doing one day from home and his folks are minding him one day a week so hoping it isnt going to be too bad. They wont take him till he is close to 1 so our parents are helping out for a few weeks and my husband has some paternity leave left to take so he will mind him for another few weeks. Kind of glad as it should help him adjust to me not being there. Absolutely dreading it and need to figure out the whole feeding thing when in work, like should I pump or will my supply adjust. I might go to a LLL meeting to get some tips and advice! 3 months left, hopefully time goes real slow :(

Lucuma I think the floor is the safest place these days as he has had two tumbles off the bed, thankfully not too high off the floor and two tumbles put of the bouncer. I put the bouncer in the attic this week, when I looked he was over the maximum weight so best not to have him in it. Although when he is upstairs with me he is like a magnet to the stairs. Which is why I put him on the bed and he was crawling backwards and fell off. I felt so bad, had literally just turned round to get my bag and put my phone in it! The stair gates will be coming out soon.

Typical Lucuma! Everytime I've mentioned sleep was good/improving its gone to pot. We're going backwards here, tried a dream feed last night, woke at 2 am but slept til 6 so wasn't so bad. although he was awake for an hour :( Has a bit of a chesty cough waking him up.
    Hope you're getting enough sleep Lucuma and hope you are settling in to work ok. I'm sure she'll get back to it, they are going through so much with teething development, it must be driving them daft.

8 months now so going try getting some lunch into him at nursery in the next few weeks, sent some fruit and his water bottle today, so will see how that goes. Trying to find lunch options that don't need to be heated as they won't heat food.

He learned to sit up on thursday and has been doing it non stop, naps are now nightmare territory again. As well as the fact he as no fear :eek: He's pulling himself to standing on the cot bars, tried with coffee table, didn't end well fell back on his mats. His poor head! Split his lip on the tiles, he had been and is generally really good on the tiles but sat up, was playing with a rattle lost his balance and face planted, think we got a bigger fright than he did when we saw the blood. Was a little swollen but gave him his cool tether which he never uses and it went right down again. Handy for something lol! Started a bit of a backwards crawl with the sitting up. He's all go, my friends little girl (4 days apart) just sits there wiggling her hands looking at them! So different lol! Scary when they take a tumble Kathy, had a few close calls with the changing table. We have tiles everywhere which is a pain.

Kathy, that's great you can do two days from home, hope it all goes well.

Work have asked me to go back full time, very shocked and a bit gutted, was loving my part time, but it would be stupid to say no, so hoping they let me skip lunch and finish early, that way I still have more or less the same amount of time with the little man, going by his nap routine at the moment. Find Fingers crossed, they go for it. Can't even think about the rubbish traffic and pick up :mad: I've been really lucky to have part time at all so can't complain. I think its just that he is so active and interactive now, its harder to think about leaving him.

• Advertisement

Wuffly your little man sounds like he is eager to get moving, can't believe he is pulling himself up already. We are barely crawling here. I have noticed my little guy is very cautious to get it right and tries a little bit every day to crawl but hasnt made it very far as of yet. Still a great backward crawler and he can roll from one end of the room to the next but he can only move a minute bit with proper crawling. 
    He was in terrible form all week, sleeping dreadful, not eating any of his food. Waking every 2 hours. Honestly he had us going around like zombies and he was in awful form during the day, literally only happy if he was on my lap or being cuddled. His eye tooth cut through yesterday so guess that is the reason he is in such bad form. I am hoping now it has cut through he will improve, although still no interest in any meals today. Funny he got an eye tooth before his second bottom middle one. He will have an interesting toothy smile anyway. 
    How fast did January go, cannot believe it is almost February already. Great news that you got full time wuffly, hopefully you manage to get out early, have you said it to them yet? Do you have to bring in all your own food to creche, over here they supply all food thank god cause they cost a small fortune! 
    Lucuma how are you and your little lady?

Hope your little man is ok Kathy, that sounds exhausting. We still have just the two bottom teeth here, seems like a bit of bump on his upper gum but its hard to tell, and his bottom teeth are sharp! Got him the amber necklace, not sure its doing much, he's just out of a leap and in super form, he was fierce clingy for a bit but now happy out playing and blabbering to himself will crawl(still army crawling with the odd bum lift then he gets lazy, drops and goes!) over to the kitchen when he fancies a change! Thankfully he hasn't been too interested in pulling himself up since the first few days of sitting up my himself. He hasn't noticed the necklace either and has had for about 3 weeks.

Its weird when he is clingy as he doesn't really like cuddles but he would roar the house down when you put down even if you were sitting playing with him, bit of a lunatic on the front lol!

He has lost all interest in porridge:(, started him on some fruit and rice cracker snacks in nursery, loving them. Loves anything with a bit of flavour.

Work won't let me finish early unfortunately... it was all agreed then suddenly changed their minds.... will just have to see how it goes.

Well we have moved onto army crawling here the past week. He is now much stronger and able to move from sitting to lying down and lying down to sitting. Eager to pull himself up and stand. It's so insane, it's like one day he just decided to move! Sleeping still isn't too good. He is waking twice per night around 1am and 5am. He was like this as a newborn, god it feels like it's never ending but I am just trying to go with it. He has gone through so much development the last week and is also getting a third tooth, thought it had cut through but it's just on the cusp. Girls when your babies tooth cut how long till they were fully up? My little man cut his first tooth before Xmas and it is still a tiny sharp little thing, nowhere near fully up, is he just a slow teether?

Wuffly our guy is the same. Goes up on all fours and moves his bum back and worth, attempts a crawl, moves a small bit then back down to what he knows. I'm sure they will get there in the end when they feel ready.

Wuffly sorry to hear you couldn't get the hours you wanted. I am currently looking at other roles in my company, lots of changes going on and I feel like I need to see if there is something new for me. Hope everyone is well x

Its amazing how quickly it happens isn't? Its like something just clicks and they go. Just on to a proper crawl in the last few days, he still drops to an army crawl on the tiles sometimes if he gets tired. He is fecking lightening fast. Got his hand to a basket and whipped it out on his first attempt, full of lanterns for the garden, smashed one. Saw he was at it and was going over to stop him thinking he would need a few goes before he would even move it let alone get it out. Thankfully he didn't get any glass on himself. Really need to sort the child proofing. Trying to stand again the last few days crawls over his bouncer which we never use pulls himself to standing then tries to launch into it, helped him in yesterday so see what he was trying to do, tried to stand in the bouncer as well :eek: He also straighten his legs when he's on all fours, looks like downward dog from yoga :rolleyes: Not sure what he is trying to do. Think i will get him one of those push walkers
    I think the lift and bum wiggle is definitely them getting the confidence and coordination practice. Do your little ones have red knees from crawling?

Looks like the top two teeth are in progress at the moment, naps are few and far between and he's a bit demented making noises like he's under pressure (not poo lol) his top gum looks pretty white where the teeth will come in. Kathy, i think it took about 2-3 weeks for his bottom ones to really show up and they still seem stubby to me.

We brought back the dream feed to help with the night waking.... it might be a bad idea but it gives us until 5/6 which is much needed! this morning he woke at 5 I gave him his morning bottle and he went back to sleep until 7, amazing! Actually had a great breakfast as well. Made us all late but totally worth it! He would only nap on me yesterday afternoon, which he hasn't done for months (I loved it :D)

Disappointed re work but I've had a good run with part time, the same hours but closer to home and his nursery would be grand, the area I work in has a tonne of construction at the moment and roads can't handle the traffic, its bad enough off peak, took 25mins to get 1.2km this morning :(

Hope you find something suitable/that you like Kathy, definitely feeling the need for a change. Good for the brain I think! Great if you can do it within your current company.

Lucuma hope alls well with you

Well we paid for the previous good night, couldn't settle him for more than a few minutes at a time last night. Eventually went down at 4:30 awake at 6... zombie! No sign of those teeth getting any further down either :(

Hello ladies, I feel like I haven't been in here in ages! Real life just got crazy busy. I've been back and forth to Ireland trying to bring this house over the finish line, unbelievably time consuming and stressful, arguing with tradesmen over money, cleaning, clearing, filling skip, even a bonfire (ssssh) there was so much waste wood. It's just been off the scale. Hubby has been picking up a lot of the baby stuff so I couldn't even tell you how baby is sleeping the last week. I'm waking up in the middle of the night myself with stress, thinking about all the things that have gone wrong or been brought to the 11th hour with the house....we'll get there eventually! It's nearly nearly there.....it's habitable actually as of this week (GF only) I have childless petless non-smoking family moving in that will mind it for us til we're able to move back to Ireland which is a great relief, they don't mind the lack of stairs, skirting boards, unfinished bathrooms (got 1 to useable level for them obviously!) and the fact works will be ongoing around them for a  while. Man it's hard trying to juggle everything! My job didn't work out either (the projects they hired me to do all got postponed!) and I'm working out my 1 month notice at the moment, I got another job elsewhere though and although it's only a short contract it's more money and closer to home than this one so how bad. This job was good to get me back over to Europe, back into the swing of things in terms of dropping to the childminder and collecting in the evenings etc!
    I can't believe how yeer lads are sitting up, going from sitting to lying and lying to sitting, pulling up etc!! My little lassie is doing nothing of the sort! She's army crawling alright when she can be bothered haha. I do think her sister was more advanced at this age and was defo bigger. I think it could be a combination of boy/girl difference which is apparently pretty stark when it comes to physical stuff and also second child syndrome which is a new one on me obviously. The 2 year old is mental both vocally and physically and I reckon the baby sees this and thinks 'ah the attention grabbing, tornado role is already being taken by someone else I'll just lie here and watch' :-)
    Kathy so your little fella's top canine was the next tooth to come up after the bottom middle? Mad! My little one got her two bottom ones and no they weren't slow to grow, they're well up now. Next then was one from the middle on both sides on top. But they were only just breaking the skin when the top middle 2 started appearing. She literally has been getting the top 4 middle simultaneously for the last few weeks, that's a lot of teeth to cut at once! She seems to have just a short cranky/sore period though and I just dole out the calpol & neurofen and she's grand again within a day or 2.
    This group seems destined not to have babies that sleep through the night ha! Even though some (not me) started off so good!! In fairness I think I did all my suffering for the first few months, she's a little dream now, just wakes once for a bottle (could be any time of night) and every so often she throws us a full night's sleep!
    Kathy so how many days crèche are you paying for - 4? I'll be curious whether the shorter days in crèche will really happen on the days you work from home! I find that even if I finish work early the temptation to get stuff done un-interrupted around the house is too great and I always think 'well I'm paying the childcare anyway might as well use it' I'm probably just a bad Mam though !!

Lucuma I didnt realise you guys were moving back to ireland! The house building sounds like a big project to manage from afar! Fair play to ya.

Re his teeth, he got one bottom middle, then a Lower lateral incisor (just googled that), it is the one to the right of the bottom middle and then he got the second bottom middle. All 3 of them are on the way up now. I can also see his top two teeth under his gums and I can feel something further back where the molars are, not sure if something is going to pop up there :eek:

He has been in awful form the last week. We had a dreadful night on Tuesday night and eventually I took him downstairs at 5am. He wouldn't sleep in his cot and then when in our bed he was like an acrobat and kicking me in the head. He is a shocking mover in his sleep, when he goes in his cot I put him on his back in the middle of the cot and when I come back up to check on him he has spinned around lying across or the opposite direction and on his tummy. he never stops moving, not even when asleep. He slept in with us some nights when he woke at 3am but now I cant cope with him beside me as he moves so much. Sleeping is an absolute shocking disaster and I really need a good nights sleep LOL! I miss sleep so much. Lately he has been waking every two hours from when he goes down, only thing I can think of is it is his teeth.

Yes we will be paying for 4 days and my husbands parents will mind him 1 day a week. I am due back ion 2 months time. Its flying in. Best of luck with your new job Lucuma! Are you guys planning on moving back this year? Ha ya never know I may indeed leave him in the full day and just get dinner done, it is impossible to get anything done with him. He is in absolutely everything. Obsessed with wires at the minute and seems to seek them out no matter how i try and hide them. The baby gates are going up on the stairs this week, he has started to crawl around the house between rooms, he used to just stay in the same room as me. I have got him under the door mat, with my shoes in his mouth and the worst was when i was taking a shower I had him in my room with the ensuite door opened, he wandered in and made a beeline for the bathroom cleaner I forgot was by the toilet, jumped out of the shower just before he got it into his mouth.

Food is still so slow here. I blame the teeth. He was a little better yesterday but the past week has been refusing to eat much of anything and just throwing things away or mashing them up in his hands making the biggest mess he can. I have made him so many different things and he just shows little interest. Me and my husband just end up eating it!

Hey ladies, How are ye doing?
    Lucuma congrats on the house and getting tenants in, must be a big relief. Great to have a house for when ye move back, do ye have any plans to move back? Hope the new job goes well, great you were able to sort something else so fast.

Kathy sounds like your little fella is having a terrible time with his teeth. We aren't doing too bad again, a few very sleepless nights but, much better than the 1st 2 so far. One top middle tooth has popped and the other doesn't look far off. Maybe the amber beads are helping a bit? or these aren't as bad. Def less neurofen this time. He keeps scraping his both teeth off the top tooth that is down, the noise goes right through me!
    Our guy wriggles way too much for co sleeping and has to be fairly desperate to cuddle to sleep (had a few nights with the latest tooth, but its rare) even nursery said he's very independent.
    He is into everything now as well, re arranged the living area to put down more soft mats but he loves the hard tiles! Had planned to use a different spot for him but i can see him from the kitchen where he is now, so the living room looks like a playground! We have a lots of dead space but its around the corner so its kind of useless. House was built in the 70's not sure what the point of the layout is?!

Kathy we are the same with food, a lot of squishing and throwing! :eek: He eats a bit but not a lot, its hard to know if he is getting enough, but he's actually made it back to the 50 percentile in weight, which we weren't expecting as he was so far behind. Still a nice bit of milk but a major grazer! Also likes variety, we usually do a dinner to last two days, he often loves it day 1 and turns up his nose at it day 2!

Lucuma, I've heard a lot about the pull and drag with 2 kids, and i guess they are all just different. She sounds like a happy little thing after all the sleep deprivation you deserve it!

Hey ladies, Kathy that's awful that you're so sleep deprived. Every 2 hours, omg.... I thought you had said that he was eating well after a shakey start to the solids? If he was eating well and has gone bad then hopefully it's just his teeth. Are you doing a mixture of blw and mush? I have to say I get off seriously lightly on the ol solids front. My childminder gives the baby her 3 meals a day, when we collect her at 18:30 she's already had her dinner. All we have to do is change her for bed, 1 bottle and off to bed at 19:30. So we basically put her to bed when we get in the door. I don't have to think about feeding her at all except on Saturday & Sundays. Reading yeer posts I realise how lucky I am !! And when I had her on mat leave I couldn't get the solids into her at all, a few weeks with the CM sorted her out. She cooks all freshly prepared hot meals for the kids, she's vegetarian herself so she gives them pureed organic veg, chicken and fish (she wont' do red meat) and cous cous, rice pasta pizza etc. She keeps trying her with new flavours and foods and then I get told all about what she ate today when I go to collect her! I really fell on my feet with that CM hence why we paid her for 2 kids 5 days a week last year in 2016 even though we weren't using her for months !! It was a case of use her or lose her! (I thought I'd get a job faster than I did, it took a while)
    The work life balance is still hard enough, like this morning I had a 8:30 meeting so I mentioned to my husband i.e. hint hint can you get both kids ready + drop them off but he said 'well I suppose you can at least get the baby ready?' so I did and then I drove in autopilot to where my old (pre baby) job was and only realised I had gone wrong when I was already on the motorway!! By the time I rectified the mistake I arrived at 8:45 for the meeting yikes!! It's a real struggle. The hardest part by far is the arguments with your other half, both parties think that they are doing more than the other and both parties feel hard done by !!!
    Had a PHN check up here in Europe for baby there on Tuesday. They are done every second time with a nurse/doctor. This time was a doctor. She's just above the 50th percentile for weight and just below it for height (would prefer if those were the other way around ha!) and of course her head circumference is on the 100th percentile (both my kids have huuuuuuge heads) he was very happy with all her physical development and her crawling etc. I mentioned her dry skin alright - it's like sandpaper on her arms, cheeks, a bit on her neck, and her legs - it has always been this way. He said many babies have sensitive or dry skin but hers is a bit more than the average, he gave me the name of an OTC cream for her and said to keep an eye on it coz sometimes these can develop into excema. But no mention of allergies etc so that's good. I kind of don't want to go there on the allergies testing to be honest, don't have the time for all that messing about preparing dairy-free alternatives etc just to prevent a bit of sandpaper skin!! I have been putting coconut oil like you recommended Wuffly, it helps but it's still there. I'm putting oils in the bath as well. We only bath the kids once a week or maybe twice if we get time, so it's certainly not from over-bathing in this house!!
    My bras were pinching so I went and got measured there in Debenhams the last time I was home - not good news. I'm now a 38B!!! There's nothing good about those figures!! I bought a few bras there anyway coz god knows where I'd find 38B again ....not a common size I'd say ! Anyway hopefully I won't stay like that forever. I seem to have lost my C cup, it must have only been a breasfeeding/pregnancy temporary size increase over the last few years! Pah .....

Hey ladies, hope ye are having a good weekend!

Lucuma such a bugger when you go on auto pilot! I always do pick up and occasionally do drop off if OH has early meetings, always afraid I am going to get to work before I realise he is in the car. Your CM sounds like a dream!

Trying to work out a variety of lunches for nursery for our little food critic. Nursery have been fab with blw, he has new teacher that is great about it. Kathy do you have the BLW cookbook app? its by a different person from the book, lots of very easy stuff on it, nice basic ingredients that i generally have. Usually quick recipes too. Think we are slowly starting to make progress with the volume of food (I hope). Are you giving your guy a fork or anything? we have tried the odd spoon of yogurt etc... lots of messing but some does go in just noticed a bit about using a fork in the cook book over the weekend.

Serious night drama here, we are in a leap, teething and feels like a sleep regression or just hell, awake for hours at a time at night. In super form during the day. I don't know how I will cope full time if this doesn't pass soon. The fourth tooth is still hovering, if that pops maybe we might get a break the top tooth that is out is very slow to come down any further. Only 17 to go :(

Going through clothes at fierce rate all of a sudden, he was very slow to move up sizes before, all the 6-9month stuff is nearly too small now, before he nearly always has a month or more of cross over.

My weight is all over the shop, not getting out for walks much during the week, just using my bra extenders:eek:, not far off my 9 month pregnancy weight, all the weight I lost at the start is back on... too much bread and coffees!

Have either of ye got the Men B jab for the little ones?

• Advertisement

No and I so should! There was an irish mother in the paper there recently saying her daughter died from it when there was no vaccine and she was urging everyone to get the vaccine. It costs a couple of hundred and there's a bit of organisation in it but I know that's no excuse, it's on the to-do list!
    Anyone have a jumparoo? I have one since no.1. No.1 got almost no use out of it, just didnt' seem to click with her, never jumped in it once. I dusted it off and put it back together there a week or so ago and my god the baby absolutely loves it! She does serious feck-off jumps in it, it's right up her alley! Gas......just goes to show you shouldn't throw stuff out coz you didn't use it on the first baby, they are all so different!
    Kathy meant to say I totally cheated on that baby rolling all over the bed thing, I used the sleepy head pillow on both kids, I don't know what it's like to not have one. They can't move. It's brilliant, it makes them so comfy. I'd get one for no.2 definitely worth the money. Anything that contributes to a night's sleep is worth ANY money :-)
    Baby is loving the ergo 360 now, she's happy out facing forward and keeping an eye on what's going on. Another thing which was worth the money although I only use it maybe once a week at this stage, but I always think a sling is one of those things you don't need often but when you need it it's so handy for certain situations!

I need to look into getting it as far as i know you can only get it after they are 9 months so just around now. I've gotten conflicting info from friends with older kids, most of them from the uk and some were told 2 jabs and others told 3 and all different info as to why(age etc..). Need a find a decent GP on my insurance been going to my old clinic which is great but its not on my network anymore and the claims are taking forever to come through, still waiting in the October ones. Kathy do you know what the situation is re this vaccine at home? Might do it when I'm back next month.

Haven't got a jumperoo, heard they are fab tho! They put our guy in a walker at nursery and he screamed blue murder to get out, of course was dying to get back in when his buddy was in it :P Got one of those vtech push walkers more interested in the noise at the moment, pulling himself up on it a bit. Little bit of furniture surfing going on.

His 4th tooth popped so we've had a bit of sleep thank god!

I use my carrier the whole time, hardly ever bother with the buggy. Its just so much less hassle and handy to be hands free. I would sell the bugaboo if the OH would let me! And just get a yoyo:o

It's so hard to know what to buy isn't it. I do advise my pregnant friends now if they know they're going to start trying again when no1 is 1 or less, then just get a double buggy to start off with instead of having to replace a single with a double later. I'm getting great use out of the double buggy now, use it every single day but we are walking distance from the childminder so we usually use it to bring them over, but if we're bringing them separately (e.g. I take baby over and he takes 2 yo over) then I take the sling coz the CM is up 3 flights of stairs (typical over here). Hubby likes to take the baby up the stairs in the maxi cosi, WTF! That means then I have to bring it back down in the evening, a pain coz they're windy twisty stairs as well. I'm always trying to get him to use the sling but he hasn't much time for it, he does prefer the 360 over the old Ergo we used to have though, it's easier to put on.

That has crossed my mind as well Lucuma :eek: A few people did say get something like the donkey or the uppa baby vista that can convert. The double width would be a total arse ache here, tonnes of doors and ramps not wide enough and lots of places just not buggy friendly in general, its half the reason I don't bother with it.

Thankfully OH loves the carrier, I think he likes the buggy less than i do but wont give it up :confused: We have a tula and kokadi flip, he's too heavy for the flip now but really handy when he was younger as it didn't need an insert, borrowed from my sis is law when were home and she saw us faffing with the tula insert. Next kid will be in a sling from day one! Not going through another velcro kid for 6 weeks without one! :o

Its mad how velcro the little fella was and how totally independent he is now. I guess for us there is some truth in the security they get from being held when they are tiny.

Kitchen gate finally in, he's not impressed when its closed :D I left it open this morning as the oven wasn't on, he loved climbing passed it and closing it. :rolleyes:

Hi ladies, haven't been on boards in a while. Nice to see some updates from you guys.

Well the top 2 teeth broke through in the last few days and he is back eating again and in flying form. I definitely think its the teeth that puts him right off his food. We are doing a mix of blw and pureed stuff. I use a lot of recipes in the blw book but used purees when he was super fussy. He also only wanted to eat cold food when his teeth were hurting him. He is not very keen on us spoon feeding him and is much more content to feed himself although he has puked a few times with things like pasta (linguine) and bread getting stuck in his throat. I think he has an uber sensitive gag reflex. He still has an allergy to cows milk so using oat milk in my cooking, also took him and myself off dairy for a week or so and his dry skin improved so I conclude he definitely has a dairy intolerance, I really missed my cheese and normal milk in my tea. I will have to see how he is at 12 months as he will need to drink some type of milk.

Lucuma we have the jumperoo and he loves it. He has an endless amount of energy and is always moving about so its great to let him burn off some lol! I usually let him use it for about 10-15 mins a day. He is in EVERYTHING these days. I literally cannot take my eyes off him. We did a family photo session last week and 5 minutes before we had to leave he took a nose dive off the bed as I was standing beside him, big bruise on his head and lots of tears from us both. Typical.

Sleeping is still terrible, I usually feed him to sleep but now I will be going back to work in 6 weeks I need to figure out an alternative as obliviously the creche is going to want to just put him down. I have no idea where to start? I bought the no cry sleep solution book as he is gone dreadful sleeping in his cot at night, he is waking up every few hours and just wants out of it. He was teething badly over xmas and we had him in our bed a lot and now he seems to not want to go back to his cot. I'm considering a sleep expert of some kind!

Lucuma i definitely think I will invest in one of those sleepyhead pillows, I was actually looking at this the other day and think I will invest for number 2.

Wuffly which babyled app do you use, quick recipes would be great?

Lucuma your chilminder sounds like a dream, our guys creche I think does pretty much all the feeds so cooking for him will become less stressful. Im kind of hoping he will go to creche and will miraculously become a great sleeper/eater :cool:;) .... wishful thinking!

Lucuma you should try the boob or bust page on Facebook, they have a measuring technique which is supposed to be great!

Wuffly I have asked about the Men B vaccine here, it is 150e per vaccine and he will need 3 of them. Its dreadful that babies have to be born after October to get it, all babies born in 2016 should qualify! I actually need to get my ass in gear and book him in.

Hope you ladies are well :)

Aw Kathy you must be wrecked. Hope the sleep improves, good luck with the sleep consultant if you get one. Sleep is still hit and miss here just no consistency. Teething plays absolute hell with it. We had a few ok nights but i spotted another tooth coming in on top and he's not great with his food again but milk is up so at least he's getting something in. Feel like I am waiting on a magical turning point with food, although when wants to eat something he will horse it in!

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/baby-led-weaning-recipes/id1114320457?mt=8

At the moment all the recipes are available free on the website, but i think she is going to change that. I just find the app handy to use.

Kids are just different in nursery/with childminders. It will take a bit of adjusting but hopefully he'll settle well for you. Our guy loves all the entertainment and interaction. Thankfully no separation anxiety so far, one of his buddies that started at the same time as him was desperate at drop off the last month, but thankfully all ok again. Our guy is so busy he hardly notices when we come to collect him :rolleyes: He eats and sleeps well in nursery. Some times too much sleep since the new teacher joined!! I don't know how they do it, he trashes around the cot for a few mins before he goes to sleep at home!

That's so unfair for kids born the same year about the men b vaccine! I need to check if its available here. if its 150 at home god knows what it will be here:(

That cushion looks great Kathy, something along those lines def for No2! We had towels and blankets in the bassinet to make it like a nest, this would be a lot easier!

We have a lot of furniture surfing going on, noticed him lifting his knees the whole time when he was standing yesterday, the little fecker is trying to get his knee up to climb :eek: and he can't even walk. He climbs over things the whole time when he is crawling. cushions/legs/toys etc.. Will need a flipping cage!

Hope ye have a good weekend x

The advantage of the Sleepyhead over that Clevamama one is that when baby gets bigger you open it by their feet and you can get another few months out of it. Whereas that Clevamama one opens at the side (not sure why!) so looks like once they're outgrown it, they've outgrown it. I'm using the bigger size Sleepyhead now but I can still put the infant one in to the cot with the bottom unclasped if for example I'm washing the big one, and it still does her. In the attached pics you can see what I mean. One shows the Iinfant SH clicked closed at the bottom and when she got too big for that the other one shows it opened and position her by the foot of the cot, I got another while out of it that way before moving to the Large Sleepyhead.
    https://ie.johnlewis.com/sleepyhead-deluxe-portable-baby-pod-white/p231482924?zoneId=1
    Don't fret too much about crèche, they'll figure it out. It's their problem not yours! You're paying them enough money, this is what they do for a living. They must be used to dealing with babies who need to be rocked/fed to sleep. They'll manage with a dodie or put him in a buggy and rock him to sleep probably. I think it's easier for them to find a way because with them boob isn't an option so they are forced to find other ways. You'll never find those other ways coz you'll always just give the boob as it's the fastest, most effective, proven way to get him to sleep. But because they can't fall back on that and have to be creative they'll find another way!

She's a cutie Lucuma! Great smile!
    Totally agree re creche they just figure it out! Took me a while to just relax and let them work it out, his routine that was working at home just went out the window but got settled again after awhile, besides as soon as you think you've sorted a routine they start teething, hit a leap or have just moved on to a new stage. Think this is life now! lol!

Checked the app of doom (wonder weeks) this morning after a disaster of a night, apparently we are in a fussy period! Its weird tho he is generally in great form during the day (apart from refusing his morning nap for 40 mins yesterday until i just gave up on it). Don't know what it is about night time that drives him daft.

Going home in about 6 weeks, looking forward to it but kinda dreading that it will unsettle him :eek: also he's going to be a mare on a plane for 8hrs. May finally get a night out with the OH tho :D

Ah good to know Lucuma, I am definitely going to be investing in sleep aid items for number two (when the time comes), really dont think I could survive another like this little guy with the lack of sleep. Gorgeous little girl, love the fox sleepsuit, I am slightly obsessed with fox designs.

Agree Wuffly, I sometimes think I have it sussed then everything changes. We are in leap 7 too, although usually during a leap he gets more clingy during the day however these days he is enjoying trashing my house and exploring, lol! He is in everything, full on baby proofing had to happen as he has figured out presses and drawers and loves nothing more than a good root. Pulling all the CDs and DVDs off the shelves is a favourite! Similar Wuffly, our guy is a little charmer during the day full of smiles and giggles and then nighttime he is so fussy and wont sleep. Ive said this before but he is like an acrobat in bed, he sets off the angelcare alarm all the time as he moves to various corners of his cot, we really need to disconnect the mat as I think he is a little old for it now.

Apart from his lack of desire to sleep we are doing well.

Enjoy your trip home, and your night out, its amazing how much you appreciate some time together now. We went for dinner a few weeks back and had a cocktail afterwards, was so lovely to just relax. Thanks God for grandparents.

Happy Paddys day ladies :)

• Advertisement

Kathy I really hope sleep is improving for you. We are still going from pillar to post with it... feel like an muppet as I don't know whether its teething, habit, a leap, hunger...or just a lunatic! Although thankfully he hasn't been too bad to get back to sleep the last few nights. He is murder to nap and go to bed now tho. Stands up in the cot and bites the top!:eek:

We actually never used the angel care movement monitor:o, when we did try it the alarm went off and woke him so just stuck with using the video, leave that off mostly now and just use the sound to save the battery(its rubbish on ours) and turn on the screen to check what he's up to when he's making noise!

Seem to be getting a decent amount of solids into him most days, he doesn't love meat but he gets lots of veg, dairy, eggs and fruit. Also loves bread and pasta. He has eaten so many things I had never even tried until i was in my 20's. Glad we stuck with the blw, still a bit to go, yogurt eating looks like ww3 and he will not be spoon fed. I think my OH was more committed to it then me some days, especially when it all ended up on the floor so many times! His milk is slowly dropping back but its more like 5 small bottles than 3 big ones... grazer!

He is flying through clothes at the moment, need to put away a load of stuff and see what i need to buy. Do you find dunnes & pennies good? I tend to buy from next online, as its way cheaper(50% cheaper than the next shops here:confused:) than shops here and decent enough quality to survive all the washing! Didn't think there was much for baby boys when i was home in the summer but might be better/more for his age now? Although the thought of shopping/browsing gives me a headache!

Kathy when are you back to work?

Wuffly I kind of wish I had stuck to the BLW a bit better, we did a mix of both and neither are at a stage I am happy with, he just fights food, hates being fed yet whenI give him stuff he just squishes it up in his hands. I am kind of hoping when he goes to creche he will get better as they will know how to get him to eat better plus he wont have the boobs there for milk. Like yesterday he had some bagel with mashed banana and almond butter and he ate a quarter of it then a half our later he was over looking for milk. Babies such hard work and a minefield to understand.

Sleep has improved although we are now back to his newborn pattern, midnight and 3am then 6.30. I just feed him as its what gets him straight back to sleep. My husband was away for 2 nights this week and he was really acting up going to sleep took me over an hour to settle him and he kept waking up then as soon as my husband is back he is grand again. We did a skype call and our little guy cried and cried seeing Daddy on screen and as soon as I turned off the video he stopped. Poor guy must have been so confused.

Wuffly I got a few bits from Pennys but find the quality pretty awful, jumpers kind of bunch up in the wash, the sleepsuits are a funny shape, vests were grand, never used any of their pants. Dunnes are better quality, I have used a fair bit of their tracksuit bottoms and tops and they are much better than pennys. My main go to shops are boots, they do great sales and have lovely quality, Marks and Spensers, nicest sleepsuits and pretty good value - they do €10 off your first order. Tesco have great quality and so cheap and a really cute range and finally H&M is great, i get a fair amount of trousers and cute outfits in here, they usually have an offer on and free delivery online at some stage during the month. I have far too much clothes, we got so many presents and I of course bought way too much as well. He is quite tall so grows out of pants so quickly, leggings from JoJo Maman bebe have lasted a good while here as they are 6-12 months.

I am back just after easter, going to be a real shock to the system! Not looking forward to it really but in other ways I will be glad of some space and me time :cool:

Belated Happy Mothers Day ladies! Hope your lots remembered!

Glad sleep has improved Kathy, hopefully it keeps going in the right direction. We are still up and down with the odd night where he sleeps through, almost at the end of leap 7 so hoping we'll see some improvement!
    Re the weaning I think a certain amount of it is just riding it out until they turn a corner and they just get into it. He still has plenty of meals where the food is mostly thrown, but I know there will be another meal or bottle later so I try not to worry too much. He will never be chunky as he's way too active! We took the tray off his chair and have him at the table now, bit distracting as he likes to launch himself in all directions, but hoping he gets over the novelty soon.

We have M&S here and H&M must have a look and see what the prices are like and they've just opened and F&F wasn't sure about the quality, good to know. Need to get a few warm bits for home but he won't need them for long.

Are you going straight in full time? or easing in a bit? Honestly its hard but its also so nice to go to the toilet when you want, have a hot coffee and a bit of structure to the day. That said, i'd bite your arm off to go back part time!

Oh my god I wrote a big reply and as it was posting it asked for a capchta and once I got passed that my post was gone . Nooooooo

Lucuma wrote: »
    Oh my god I wrote a big reply and as it was posting it asked for a capchta and once I got passed that my post was gone . Nooooooo

Hate that! Hope all is well!

Just wanted to say good luck with going back to work Kathy, hope it goes well and your little man settles well at creche. I hope sleep has improved for you.

Our little fella has been under the weather for the last few weeks, runny nose, and a cough that wasn't shifting and then yesterday his eyes started to get a bit red and a bit icky (technical term!) No temp apart from one night 2 weeks ago. Now we have eye drops (would be easier to get them into a tiger) and nose drops not as bad... he can't close his nose!

Sleep has taken a turn for the better for now(fingers crossed,long may it last), he's upped his solids and his milk has dropped off a bit. Dropped the dream feed!!!!!! So glad to be done with this! we are between teeth and leaps so enjoying it while it lasts!

We've been very lucky despite being sick he's in great form. We are heading home for 2 weeks at the weekend so hoping the change doesn't mess the good thing we have going at the moment!

5 teeth and furniture surfing, the odd standing on his own for 1 sec usually he has stopped to clap hands and hasn't noticed he's not holding on or leaning against something.

Not long until these kids are one! :eek:

Hope all's well with everyone!

• Advertisement

Wuffly delighted to hear your little guy is doing so well. I laughed at trying to get the eye drops in, our little guy is a squirmer and impossible to dress these day, he literally has no interest in staying still for any length of time. Can not even imagine trying to put drops in his eyes.

We are also cruising around the place, he is getting a little bit more confident and will only hold on with one hand and also more confident moving from one piece of furniture to the next.

Two new teeth cut through last week thank God he was like a briar for a week. That's 7 in total.

Back to work last week, i was an emotional mess the first day but calmed down after that, im still feeding him so had to pump at lunch time which was kind of a pain. Going to try and do it till he is 1 and then slowly phase out that pumping session. He is much better on solids now, like he just decided to eat and stop fighting it, less gagging on proper food so happy with that.Makes me more confident he will be ok on food and water at creche. Not starting creche for a few weeks yet, being minded by family and Daddy.

The last year has flown, cannot believe they are almost 1, its scary really.

Wuffly enjoy your trip home. Lucuma hope you are doing good x

Hi Ladies, Wuffly so you're in Ireland now, hope ye are having a good time. Although it's always great to see family it also comes with disruption in the routine and set up and that creates a bit of stress in its own way! Although when I only had 1 it was actually grand. With 2 now I find it absolutely painful travelling home and being house guests in my in-laws. When we're at my mother's place it's not as bad. But it's still a different house with different people coming in and out, different noises and interruptions and you're trying to do your bottles and your nappies and naps and meals etc in a strange setting. Anyway despite all that hope you are enjoying it!
    Kathy oh my god back to work !!! I'd say the first day was tough alright, what a wrench. But at least you know he's with family which must make it an easier transition. We're actually changing from our beloved childminder to a nanny, only one week with the CM left! We've been with her since December 2014 so it's a massive change. She is amazing and like a mother to my kids and there are loads of other positive things she brings to our lives as well like she's a connection to the local community for us (being expats as she's from here) she cooks us our dinner on a Friday etc! She's part of our lives really so it's going to be very sad, I think I will definitely cry although maybe not in front of her. But it's just become too hard getting the 2 kids ready and out the door in the morning as well as getting ourselves ready and out. We're both working in highly paid jobs 5 days a week so a lot is expected of us and the tantrums from the 2 year old getting out the door in the morning are unreal. We don't use screens (apart from TV) so that means she's literally roaring her head off for most of the hour before we leave the house, and the whole way over to the CMs (and back again as well often time.....) the CM is also up 3 flights of stairs and my husband has put out his back so he can't bring the kids anymore or collect them so I'm doing all of it now and it's just too much on top of working 5 days. So with a heavy heart I decided to give the CM 1 month's notice.
    The nanny is going to be a huge change - she will arrive at 07:30 and we usually leave for work around 08:30 so no more wandering around the apartment in the buff getting in and out of the shower etc! I'm sure the 2 year old wil find it very strange having this strange woman suddenly coming to our apartment during crazy hour every morning and taking over and although Mammy + Daddy will still be there they wont' be getting her ready anymore! It'll take a while to settle in.
    Hopefully it won't be as much of a change for the baby, I'd say she'll hardly notice the change at her age. So I have a 1 year old !!! Since Wednesday! Goodbye and good riddance steriliser and formula and Hello and Welcome 5ml dose of Neurofen !!! :D
    I actually had nearly a full box of formula still to go when she turned 1 on Wednesday (it was bought by my husband while I was back in Ireland working on the house one weekend recently!) and I was going to just keep making bottles til it was gone and then I thought no, feck that, I hate making them soooo much and have been counting down to her turning 1 for so long I just decided to throw it in the bin, I know it's a waste of money but feck it.
    I put my sterilisers up for sale and decided to wash the electrical one to get it ready for the woman who was coming to give me 5 euro for it, I submerged the electrical part and killed it, oops! Oh well I bought it for 15 euro on Facebook in 2014 and got 2 kids out of it so I think it might have been better off going in the bin in any case!
    Kathy we are also on 7 teeth here as well! Were teeth 6 + 7 the two on either side of the bottom middle? My god did I feel those coming up! We had temperatures, diarrhoea, terrible nights where she was writhing in pain!!! My first child never had any of this - her teeth just appeared without fanfare, so this - like so many other things with this baby! - is all new to me.
    This baby has been sick a few times - 2 lots of conjunctivitis which needed antibiotic drops, she's had vomiting bugs, she is still getting night feeds up to 1 year of age.....so so different to the previous child!
    On the bottles/night feeds. I decided to try to stop the night feeds as we approached her 1st birthday. After the first child stopped them at 16 weeks, it was a shock to the system that this baby still was looking for bottles during the night at this age. We just kept giving them to her coz you'd do anything for a bit of sleep wouldn't you? And it would almost always get her back to sleep. But I don't want to be giving bottles to a 1 year old during the night, I know nutritionally she doesn't need them and it's just blackguarding.......if she knows she'll get one she'll keep crying for one of course! So we just stopped pretty much cold turkey. Now that we won't be making bottles anymore I'm hoping that'll force us out of the habit .....I put all the bottles bar one away in a press so we wont' be tempted to throw cow's milk into one, stick in the microwave and give it to her.
    I only kept that one out in case of emergency and also to give her water. Im' worried that the sudden decrease in fluids she might get dehydrated coz we literally just stopped the bottles cold turkey on Wed when she turned one. She definitely misses them I think, especially the bed time one but I just want to get bottles out of the way now that they're no longer required, I think it could mean a few tough nights alright walking the floor with her and CIO. I definitely couldn't do it without a dodie! How do parents do it without dodies!!
    Having the 1st bday party tomorrow, so need to go home and clean the hosue, buy a cake, find a shop that sells those cancles shaped like '1' and then spend all tonight and tomorrow morning cooking. Am a bit nervous about people showing up and it all going ok so wish me luck! It's al adults coming to the party there's like 1 other kid or something :-)

Oh yeah I forgot to say - your lads are flying it, both cruising around already! My lassie only started properly crawling about 2 weeks before turning 1. Can't believe she army crawled til almost 12 months! She was kind of doing it the odd time and then it just clicked with her and now it's all normal crawling, no more army crawling! She's pulling up on things without about 2-3 weeks I'd say which I find absolutely hilarious. I'm eating my breakfast and then I feel little hands on my leg as she pulls herself up looking for some food of course ! She pulled the hall table over on herself yesterday evening! I thought our place was baby proofed but there's always one or two things you don't see coming. Thankfully it's only a light table, an antique (belonged to the landlord) and it and her weren't damaged. She didnt' even cry, I got the fright of my life!
    She's standing up in the cot now as well. I just took the walker out from storage for her yesterday and hubby put it together, be a while before she walks with it though I'd say! On the wriggling - oh my god it's unreal. Trying to change her nappy or dress her now is really hard. I try giving her the bag of nappy bags (coz it's plastic and rustles) or the packet of wipes and that, plus blowing lots of raspberries on her belly or having a play fight where she kicks her legs and I pretend to bat them away etc, just about keeps her entertained enough to stay on her back but it's hard! She's also creating when we try to put her into the buggy, clings onto things and kicks her legs to prevent being put in, but once she's in and we're moving she's fine!
    Kathy do you have a place in work to pump? Are they being good about it, giving your somewhere to store the milk etc? Are you happy with your pump? I wouldn't get a Medela Swing again if I was to have a no.3 .....I'd defo look at better models.

Lucuma how did the birthday party go?

Fair play on cutting out the bottles and night feed, how did it go for you guys? I still feed on demand and he still wakes looking for the comfort of the boob at night time. I don't have the heart to not give it to him so we constantly just bring him into our bed and he sleeps beside me usually from the middle of the night.

He has only been in creche for an hour a day the last few day but seems to like it. Had a bit of a moment of realization the last day and cried when Daddy left but once he was distracted he was ok. My heart aches having to leave him with strangers for the day, it feels so wrong but I also think it will be good for him to learn from other kids and have some fun. He will be in a few extra hours next week so fingers crossed it goes ok.

Yep Lucuma there is a room I can use and also a small fridge close to reception I can store milk in. It was fine the first few weeks but I started a new role this week and am super busy and stressed and finding time to get lunch is hard. I went to pump the the other day and some girl was in the room relaxing. There is rarely anyone in there but I need to start making the 15 minutes or so for pumping as I was so afraid i would explode in a meeting the other day LOL :eek:

I have to travel a bit with my new role and will be away for a night in a few weeks. Hoping he gets on ok. He is such a Mammys boy and relies on me for comfort at night so hoping it goes ok for my poor husband. Fingers crossed.

Hope you are doing well Wuffly and enjoying your time in Ireland x

Hey ladies, hope all is well with ye and the little ones!

Kathy how are you getting on back at work now? Best of luck with the new role. How is your little fella finding creche? Hope he is settling in well and hope you are doing ok, takes a bit of getting used to. When you know they are happy and settled its a lot easier on you.

Lucuma hope the party went well, fair play to you! We weren't planning one but ended up getting sucked into a 4kid party at the park before we went home, it was lovely and glad we did it now, also got some lovely photos of the kids.
    How is it going with the nanny? Most of my friends here have nannies, literally all but the 4 of us that had kids last. They all love their nannies and so do the kids. Once ye all get used to it I'm sure it will be great! We are holding out as we are a bit one foot out the door and don't want to get used to something we could never afford at home! How is she getting on without her bottles? Dying to be finished with formula and bottle prep! Very jealous Is she eating loads?

Kathy could you try letting your husband do a few nights before you are are away? Might be easier if he's a bit used to Daddy at night? And at least you are there if he gets too upset?

I have my first night away this weekend, I am looking forward to a night away with the girls but I'm also shattered after our trip home and would happily check in and snooze for the 24hrs ;)

Home was a bit of a mixed bag, poor thing got sick in the taxi to the airport, on the flight and on and off for the first few days. First time vomiting since we started solids so was a bit of shock. He managed to get sick on me every time of course it was the first time I only packed what I needed nothing extra so the washing machine was all go. He had no other symptoms, Dr said his glands were up so might be causing his tummy to be upset so was on antibiotics for a week, once they were finished he picked up a nasty virus raging temp and more vomiting on Mammy and midnight Dr run, never seen him so miserable was frightening. Literally would only sleep on me, and with him being the least cuddly baby ever it was worrying. Besides all that it was lovely to be home, and he was in great form except for one day. Did have to cut back on the planned visits, couldn't be bringing him to see brand new babies and a few elderly relatives when he was sick. Brazened it out everyone else. His routine was mostly intact until the virus hit and killed his good night sleeping. He wasn't a fan of all the going in the car but adapted really well and was back to napping on the go (in the car and carrier) near the end. We rarely need to do it here as the city is tiny and we can nearly always get home for naps. He was a little legend on our flights back flew out of cork via heathrow and he slept on both, and charmed the checkin girls enough to get an extra seat on both which was amazing! I didn't sleep a wink though, as he was on my lap and straight into work off the flight like an eejit! Don't know how many times he woke last night but Daddy was on duty! He did get quiet clingy at home but hitting a leap and was all new to him, upset getting dropped off this morning but happy enough after a few mins settling in. Hoping he's back to heading off without a backwards glance soon!

Tooth 6 popped and I think 7 is on the way, still doing the odd solo stand and did a sideways shuffle step this morning. Pushing the walker around like royalty and waving as he goes bye :rolleyes: I have a feeling he will take a proper step when I'm away... just like the rolling :(

• Advertisement

Hi ladies,
    Yeah it was great to be shot of the ol bottles. Just using one with tap water (literally straight out of the tap into the washed bottle) and she is guzzling it down. There was a little bit of surprise at first that the nice formula was gone but once she realised this is now all that's on offer she took to it with gusto! It's actually hilarious.....she sups away on it like her life depends on it. Turns out her love of the bottle transcends its contents !!:D:heart::P
    Tried cow's milk (straight from fridge) in a sippy cup a few times, she had no interest so I gave up. So she just drinks water now. She loves drinking water out of sippy cups coz she sees her big sister drinking them so she makes a beeline for them and tries to steal them, I think she knows they're for big sis so therefore she wants one too.
    yeah she scoffs down all food within sight. She's a total savage. We spoon feed her though apart from if I'm trying to buy time when I will give her the heel or a crust of bread to keep her occupied for a bit. Don't give her much other finger food. The toddler is such an unbelievably messy eater that the place is destroyed after mealtimes so I can't face having 2 kids throwing food all over themselves/the floor.  I am clinging to the relative cleanliness of the spoon feeding for as long as I can this time!!
    Definitely harder to get her asleep at night without the bottle! On average it takes us from 7pm to 9pm to get her asleep these days. She's demented with teething. My first child didn't suffer from teething the teeth just appeared so I have no tools apart from Neurofen and Calpol. All the older one ever needed was a spoon of Calpol, I never even used to use Neurofen really. I had no idea what 'Teething' was. Now I know !!! Like many things it's one of those things where if you're not sure you've experienced it, then you haven't!
    She is writhing, literally writhing, in pain in my arms. Calpol & N'fen don't seem to touch it. She's hitting out at me and doesn't want to be up doesn't want to be down, she keeps putting her hands over her face/head she's obviously in agony. I tried putting Bonjela in her mouth the other night (found a tube I bought before baby no.1 which was never used!) but she clamped her jaws firmly together when I even attempted to put my fingers inside her mouth so to get the Bonjela onto her gums I had to force my fingers in there - not very nice thing to do to a baby who's mouth is in agony! How are you supposed to get the Bonjela on? Also any other tips? I was having breakfast with a few Mammies last weekend and one of them recommended the thing with frozen mango inside https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/baby/feeding-and-highchairs/feeding-equipment/clevamama-clevafeed-with-extra-teat/p/134305
    Oh yeah, that would be the thing that I bought for no.1, never used, dismissed as a gimmick and gave away to a pregnant friend! Typical. One thing I've realised, keep all the stuff you didn't use on this baby......you could have a very different beast the next time around !! They are so different it's unreal.
    So now I have to wait til I go home to Ireland to get one of them yokes, we'll have to get something coz the poor child is in agony. She's alright during the day apart from the fact she's drooling non stop (I thought we were well past the drool bib stage, just as well I hadn't put them in storage!) and having terrible nappies and keeps drinking water from the bottle in massive quantities. I think it's coz the feeling of it passing her gums cools them down? The nanny couldn't get over how much water she drank yesterday!
    The good news is though, once we got over 1-2 rough weeks after stopping the bottles, she is (touches everything wood in sight) as of about a month now, sleeping through the night. As in consistently, night after night after night :O I couldn't accept it at first and kept waking up at 5 but now I'm starting to sleep through the night as well! I've been so tired for so long, it's still taking adjustment though. And after the 2 hour marathon of getting both of them to bed (they are keeping each other awake....counting down the days til I live in a 2 storey house with a concrete slab FF separating them!) we're only fit to collapse into bed ourselves.
    The birthday party was nerve wracking, was anyone going to turn up. You're relying on expat friends, not usually the most reliable type! At least at home you know your siblings and the grand parents are obliged to turn up !! Anyway people turned up eventually....so your fella is 1 so Wuffly? Happy birthday to him !!! Nice that you got to mark it and got nice photos too. You know you don't have to use formula anymore now right? In fact I read an article in the IT today about tooth decay in kids being partially due to Follow On milk which contains sugar, it's only one of many factors though of course.
    Oh god so unlucky that the little man got so sick on his trip back to Ireland. What a bummer! Murphy's Law isn't it. At least he was in good form though and it might be been a blessing in disguise you had to cut back on all the visits, it can be exhausting trying to squeeze so much in.
    Kathy are you taking 1 day parental leave yeah? Which day have you chosen to take off? Hope the build up of time in the crèche is going well. Childcare and all that surrounds it is such a headache, can be very difficult to navigate at times. A big adjustment now having the nanny. There are no easy or perfect solutions !!!

Hey ladies, how are ye doing?

Lucuma great to hear your little one is thriving off the bottles, we started to drop his morning bottle as he wasn't eating much breakfast since we got back. lots of food throwing:rolleyes: Giving him milk in a sippy cup with it and he's not too interested but will savage his porridge even safe enough to leave the plate without it ending up on the floor. Still has two small bottles of formula in nursery at nap time and a bottle of cows milk at bed time, will switch to cows milk at nursery when the formula is gone. He'd been a bit fussy with food but much better now that things are settled again. OH started a new job last week and murphys law I got really sick so he was doing drop off and pick up etc... nightmare. Still knocked out but getting there hopefully driving again in a few days.

Great news on the sleep front Lucuma, at long last!! Back to sleeping through here as well but still waking at stupid 0'clock in the morning.. thinking blackout curtains might help. He naps with the curtains open no bother during the day but wondering if he might sleep longer in the morning if its dark as he's still tired when he wakes up.

Tooth no 7 seems to be taking a break and hasn't shown up. We've had a few independent steps the last week and he managed to climb on the sofa and on to the cabinet behind it, so living room was been rearranged again. Got up there while OH was in the kitchen I just came back in as he was looking over the edge :eek: Really starting to love his books now, pulls them all out and hands (throws) them at us to read them. Frigging chicken little! He's generally very happy but definitely capable of pulling out a good whinge when he wants to; can't get on the sofa fast enough, kitchen gate closed etc. Has settled back into nursery fairly well does needs to be distracted now when we leave but thank god no more tears. How are ye getting on with the Nanny Lucuma? How is creche going for you Kathy? Hope they are all settled.

Survived my first night away, was lovely, although could have done with out the last few drinks at the end of the night!

Can't believe he is one and almost walking. Glad the party went well lucuma nice to mark the occasion (surviving year one!). Just had a quiet day on his actual birthday, took him to the aquarium there is a big glass tunnel and is was quiet enough for him to crawl around, he loved it! Pointing at the fishes and shouting Da da da!

Hope ye and the little ones are well!

Have ye got or started looking for stage 2 car seats? Not sure how much longer we will get out of the ones we have. The spending never ends!!

Hi ladies work has been crazy busy, lots more expected of me than my last role so doing lots of learning to do. Its going well and flexible in terms of working from home which is good.

Celebrated his 1st birthday last week. Had a small family lunch in ours on Sunday. He wasnt in the best of form as has been sick all week. We have been to the doctor 3 times now and ended up in A&E with a high temp and a non blanching rash. He has never really been sick so very scary to see him so poorly. Also has vomiting and diarrhea. Doctor in hospital said it was viral and would go away but today it flared up and rash spread over his body so back to doc and got an antibiotic, turns out its an ear and throat infection. He has been in and out of creche the last week with it. Luckily our parents have been helping out as we both have quite demanding jobs.

He is ok with creche, no longer cries when going in the door but he seems kind of subdued when i hand him over, like he is annoyed with me for leaving him. I hate it and miss him during the day. :(

Outside of that he is a great little guy, has an amazing little personality, very funny. 8 teeth so far and one of the molars on the way which is also bothering him. Took 2 steps last week without holding onto something and also standing by himself until he realises he is and panics and falls down.

Still breastfeeding, going to look at weaning at night once he is better and settled properly in creche. He gets a lot of comfort from it so don't want to make too many changes.

Lucuma we have used this thing for teething. I put some pureed strawberries in it or natural yogurt. its messy but helps sooth his gums. I also use Calgel which i swear by, much better than bonjella. I usually put it on with a cotton bud as i risk losing a finger otherwise.

Wuffly we upgraded our car seat a few weeks back and put the other one in my husbands car in case I get stuck in work. I have decided to get an extended rear facing seat so went with the Axkid Minikid, expensive but I think worth it for the sweedish testing and safety.

Unfortunately we are not sleeping through the night and never have. He wakes looking for me and the boob and once i bring him in beside me he sleeps soundly but will need to tackle that next. Fun times.

Hope you guys are good and great to see some updates :)

How are ye and the little ones?

We've had an ear throat and chest infection the last week as well, had been putting it down to teething cough as a few more teeth are pushing through but then we had a low grade fever that wouldn't shift. Grand in himself though just at his ears which he often does with this teeth. Temp came down as soon as he started the antibiotics thankfully. Kathy ye are so lucky to have parents to help out when they are sick, also so handy if they are at home with a nanny. Up until now my OH was able to stay home with him if he was sick. Will be me for the foreseeable, although luckily i have lots of leave as I taken a small bit since coming back from mat leave.

Hope your little fella is all better Kathy, the late night hospital runs are scary.

Have you started night weaning? Hope its going ok.

We've had a good few steps now, but he stills prefers crawling as he can go a lot faster. Will furniture surf a lot at home but if we are in the park he walks loads. Will give himself a little clap to congratulate himself as well! lol :pac:

No words other than da da da. Friends little fella is 2 months older, and has loads of animal sounds, no steps yet. They are all so different.

Had his 12 month vaccinations the week before he was sick, got him weighed and measured, 25th percentile weight and 75th for height will be tall and skinny like his dad! I on the other hand weigh what i did 9 months pregnant :eek:

Hi ladies, well we have 12 teeth here now! the 4 front ones on top and bottom and then a middle one at the back on both sides top and bottom. Glad to be over the halfway line with the teeth.
    Incidentally I think it's weird that kids have 20 milk teeth but as adults (assuming their wisdom teeth are removed) we have 28 teeth. I find it weird to look at my toddler and realise that she has to fit 8 more teeth in there eventually :D
    Wuffly can't believe your little fella can spoon feed himself, that's amazing. If I preload a spoon my little one will manage to get the stuff into her mouth alright. But as I said before on this child I'm not pushed about anything apart from keeping my floors clean :D
    Same here Wuffly....she sleeps through the night but often wakes at stupid o'clock - Snap! She pulls a 5am start quite regularly. I was thinking actually that perhaps you can't actually say your child ''sleeps through the night'' when they wake at 5am can you?! I could have been grasping at straws
    Oh my god black out curtains are a must. We have them everywhere. They need a black out blind behind them though and then black out curtains in front of that for total blackout. We're in a rented apartment here so can't do much in that regard but there are Venetian blinds on the windows with (white) black out curtains in front of them. So it's pretty effective.
    The nanny is working out great. 1 shakey week at the start alright ( to be expected as it was a massive change for the older child) but it's so great to be able to get ready and just go to work, and even better to be able to come straight home and just have dinner straight away and be home for the night. It's worth its weight in gold.....when ye have your 2nd child and the cost of a nanny equals the cost of creche you should defo consider it.
    Kathy I think a lot of 1 year olds miss most of their 1st birthday party or else are in cranky form for it coz of missing a nap! A&E sounds scary, is that what it's called when you put a glass over the rash and you can still see it a ''non-blanching rash''. Isn't it mad that an ear and throat infection would give him diarrhea, vomiting and a rash all over his body? Hopefully he's just getting his creche bugs out of the way now, from next year on he'll have the immune system of steel ;)
    Calgel on a cotton bud, thanks for the tip! I'll see can I order some online. Yeah th Bonjella that I managed to get into her mouth didn't seem to do anything
    Kathy wow that's a pricey seat! Will you replace the seat in your husband's car also with another extended rear facing when he outgrows it? (assuming it was an infant seat you moved to your husband's car).
    Í've never bought a car seat new, we have to have them in 3 places - Cork, Dublin and over here so I just buy second hand ones or else people gave them to me. So I'm not a good one to ask about brands etc. If I was buying one I don't think extended rear facing would tempt me though, I find the car journeys with a toddler torturous enough with the FF one :O Actually we went on a mini holiday with them last weekend and the whole way from when we came off the ferry (we were visiting an island) to when we got to our accomodation they both cried (20 mins) Argh !! Thankfully hubby was driving, I find it very distracting. At the moment baby is rear facing and toddler is FF. I found I got til nearly 2 yo with the infant car seat (maxi cosi) on my first child though, and she's a giant child (I based it on when it felt like she was too small for it rather than labels) This baby is right on the median - 50% line for height and weight! And top of the graph for head circumference, no wonder I still can't go on trampolines :O
    Well I finally decided it's time to wean myself off the pregnancy pillow for sleeping. We went away for a night to a hotel recently for a wedding, 5 star hotel and the room cost 260 a night or something. I couldn't sleep a wink all night and alot of it was coz of not having the pregnancy pillow. I realised it's become yet another sleeping crutch for me (I already have several others) so it has to go. Gone cold turkey now and I miss it, I'm kind of rolling up my duvet and putting it between my legs as a compensation but it's not the same :(
    My lo is standing up for a few seconds now more and more regularly! Flies around with the walker so I'd say we're a month off first steps maybe. No doubt it'll happen for the nanny and she'll be crowing about it (the nanny). That's what happened to me with no.1 despite warning the childminder that if she did her first steps for her I didn't want to know! She's getting very chatty in the last few weeks, it's really taken off! She tells a big story to me now when I come in from work (just shouting and babble) it's so funny to see.
    I keep thinkign she's at maximum cuteness and then she goes and outdoes herself. I really think now is peak cuteness though!!
    I'm telling ya ladies, enjoy this phase when you can plonk them down and they'll fend for themselves, but yet they're not opening doors yet. Or issuing commands, or getting out of their bed over and over.......
    This is such a lovely stage 1yo!! :heart:

By the way do ye find the babies are getting good at sense of depth/danger now? I find she actually knows not to jump off the changing table and can get herself safely down from the sofa or a chair now (well I showed her a few times to roll onto her tummy and slide down) but I'm surprised she's already copping onto that kind of thing, I'm like when did that happen! (growing up too fast!)
    Also ....I try to tell her not to do something now (like pull all the wet laundry off the clothes horse or turn around while I'm changing her nappy) by wagging my finger at her and saying ''Ah-Ah!'' and dja know what she does.....fecking wags her finger straight back and me and laughs her head off! Cheeky little so-and-so!

Aw Lucuma, she is totally gorgeous!! Major cuteness going on there!
    She's flying with the teeth, we are still on 7 that we can see, there may be more but I'm not sticking my finger in to find out. Finally over his ear & throat infection, full 9 days on a high does of augmentin, got referred to the ENT but he was thankfully getting better when we saw her so all good.

He is toddling everywhere now, went from a few steps to wanting to walk most of them time. He does walk like a mini drunk tho, so lots of falling over, covered in little bruises from our tiled floor but can't put mats everywhere and he mostly flops on toys he's pulled out, he doesn't look down to see where his feet are going at all:confused: Re sense of depth not sure if he understands but we make him reverse off the sofa and he does it himself now, but he will still try and launch himself off the changing table so I don't think he gets its fully yet. Or he might just be a lunatic like his dad! His first reaction when he gets to an obstacle is to lift his knee and try and climb it.

Glad to hear all's going well with the nanny, such a relief! Nice to have the extra time at home in the morning and evening!
    How are you getting on without your maternity pillow? hope your sleeping!
    As long as I'm getting a decent stretch of sleep at night I'm going to call it sleeping through! Black out curtains next on the list!

Haven't done anything about seats yet, will prob go 2nd hand, lots of people leaving this time of year so need to start looking. Dad car seats are nearly always barely used so on the look out :cool: I will stick with rear facing for as long as i can, the roads here are mental!

Hope alls well with you Kathy.

Yeah I suppose to be fair like the car seats in all 3 locations are rarely used. They're never routinely used for anything. They're only used during holiday time or for excursions/trips away. Not for childcare. For example I haven't taken the kids anywhere in the car for the last 2 weeks including weekends, we cycle them everywhere here in Europe, we have those seats fitted onto our bicycles. Only if it's raining/I'm running late/we're going out of town do I put them in the car. If I was using the seats every day then I might put more thought and money into them!
    Wuffly do you not have a few tricks for getting a look at their teeth? Any manoeuvre where they fall backwards (playing) they will open their mouth wide and then you get a good look, top and bottom. I have one I do where she's sitting on my lap and I recite Humpty Dumpty and half way through I let her ''fall'' through my legs while holding her, she opens her mouth wide and I get a good look at the teeth. Or from a standing position swinging her around so I pretend to drop her and let her swing down, same effect she opens the mouth wide!
    Oh I miss my pregnancy pillow so much!! Finding it harder to fall asleep without it but I have to be strong. However my husband was away the last 2 weekends and I did curl up to it one night as I was felling sorry for myself! But other than that I've stayed off it, I should probably just throw it out then it can't be used! But it's still in the bed!
    Aww the toddling sounds adorable. My lo wants me to walk around holding her hands now so she can walk as well, back-breaking! I was trying to encourage her to use the walker at least every second turn to give my back a break. I can't imagine her walking, I really can't. It's going to be a major change in our house when she is!

3 car seats a is a lot! we are lucky we can borrow at home, it makes things a lot easier/cheaper. Ours get well used here and even more so now as walking is pretty much out of the question for the next few months.

Re teeth i think i need to get my OH to check! The problem/sickness i had a few weeks ago is that I have more or less lost the sight in my right eye(long story swimming, with contacts is bad!) and it looks like it will be a few months before i get it back. I'm back to wearing my glasses full time which is a major novelty and the little man only loves to pull them off so its like trying to wrestle an excited bear to check teeth! I can see anything that's up but anything coming up i haven't a hope.

I have to say the toddling is very cute... just wandering around chatting(dadada) to himself, yesterday he came into the kitchen with a balloon on a string and walked around the kitchen island for 10 mins like he was taking a puppy for a walk! Still can't believe he's actually walking... where is my baby gone?!

Hope the sleep improves Lucuma, even worse to be awake when the kids are asleep! Not sure if its teeth or a bit a of a sleep regression but my guy is very moany in his sleep the last few days, will wake eventually and roar the house down and just wants you to rub his back... so i don't think its pain, he's exhausted but is wide awake if you dare stop? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement