Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duck duck go opinions?

Options
  • 04-09-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I know this is meant to use google anonymously. I don't find it as good though.

I switched back to google for convenience a while ago but I think I cleared all history and caches and still didn't find duckduckgo as good....I would prefer to use it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I used DDG for a few months simply because of the bangs!.

Set it as your search engine in Chrome, !g for google, !yt for YouTube and so on.

The actual search engine itself is miles behind Google imo, it was fine for general usage but if I was searching for reviews or something, it was mainly obscure results that I was given

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

https://startpage.com/ is a better private search engine I think. A friend uses it or certainly used it for a while as he doesn't like Google. Worth a shot!

Nick

Advertisement