Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 days to Christmas - Which date though

Options
  • 04-09-2015 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

/ Aside / First time posting on this forum, woo.

And shouldn't there be a Christmas smilie?

So is September 16th 100 days to Christmas or is it September 15th?

Using the http://www.xmasclock.com/ it says there are 111 full days and 11 hours as of today. That would make September 15th the 100 days until Christmas mark.

If we use one of the calculators and add 100 days to September 16th, we get December 25th: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html?d1=16&m1=09&y1=2015&type=add&ay=&am=&aw=&ad=100&rec=

I ask because I want to go overboard and annoy as many people I can on the day that is correctly the one with 100 days to go. Any help, is appreciated.

100 days to Christmas falls on ... 8 votes

September 15th
    0% 0 votes
    September 16th
    0% 0 votes
    *shrug*
    87% 7 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    12% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Welcome damien. :)

September 16th.

Otherwise Christmas eve is 'zero days' to Christmas, which makes no sense.

We have our own countdown to the big day here at the top of the forum which is currently accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

My mum, who i share birthdays with always told me our birthday are 100 days from Christmas Day so September 16th it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I jokingly mentioned it was 90 days till Christmas to someone today. Checked in to the countdown thread only to end up feeling a little disappointed that it was actually 110.

Then it occurred to me that while it might be 110 to Christmas day, the excitement and Christmas feeling really starts when I put up the decorations and thats end of November.

So while technically its 110 days till 'Christmas Day' its actually only 80 days till 'Christmas Time' when you think about it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Once Halloween has passed it really kicks in, dark evenings and the fires lighting.

Advertisement