Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Carpenterstown, School in Castleknock

Options
  • 04-09-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello,

We are thinking of moving house and have 2 children in St. Brigids. Does anyone live in Carpenterstown and handle drop off/collections and how does it work out.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I live in Carpenterstown and drop 2 children to CETNS. I try to cycle most days and go past 12th Lock to CETNS.

On driving days, leaving at 8:30 is grand, and would get you to St Brigid's for 8:50 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I live just by Carpenterstown - assuming I'm still living here when my son starts school in Castleknock Educate Together in a couple of years, I'll be planning on bringing him on the 37 bus, they go pretty regularly in the mornings. Then back on the 37 to get into town for work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I live just by Carpenterstown - assuming I'm still living here when my son starts school in Castleknock Educate Together in a couple of years, I'll be planning on bringing him on the 37 bus, they go pretty regularly in the mornings. Then back on the 37 to get into town for work.

Is the train not quicker?

I wouldn't think so no, Castleknock train station is actually in Blanchardstown Village.

Yes but its only about 5-10 mins walk down the canal from educate together. Gets into Docklands in 20 mins or Connolly in 35mins. That said if your destination is closer to the 37 route the longer time of the bus might be quicker. All things considered.

• Advertisement

Maybe! I've a couple of years to go until my boy starts school, so I'll do a couple of time trials closer the time I guess to see what works best!

daymobrew wrote: »
    I live in Carpenterstown and drop 2 children to CETNS. I try to cycle most days and go past 12th Lock to CETNS.

On driving days, leaving at 8:30 is grand, and would get you to St Brigid's for 8:50 too.

What's your route on the bike. Laurel Lodge or college gate. How long does it take with kids? I'd guess about 20mins with someone off their stabilizers. Is it a kid friendly route?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

beauf wrote: »
    What's your route on the bike. Laurel Lodge or college gate. How long does it take with kids? I'd guess about 20mins with someone off their stabilizers. Is it a kid friendly route?
    About 20 mins.
    My son is 7. We go the main road through Laurel Lodge (him on the path, me on the road) until Scoil Thomais and then he is on the road beside me as we meander to the park at the front of Laurel Lodge. Up the hill at Castleknock train station, cross the road, tow path along canal and pedestrian bridge over M50.
    Here is a map: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6709865

I am comfortable with the route, primarily because I know that my son is a confident cyclist. He cycles behind me. I have a mirror on my handlebar to monitor him and traffic.

Advertisement